Why do retired Bronze star winners run as Democrats?

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
Republican Congressman John Linder of Georgia is calling it quits. 8 Republicans are in the primary running and one Democrat.
The Democrat is a 3 time bronze star recipient in Iraq and Afghainstan, 20 years career West Point grad with major combat experience and retired as Bird Colonel.
Same with Senator Jim Webb in Virginia with his Nam combat experience.
Get the picture of what the Pentagon and officers in the field think of Republicans?

You forgot John "our troops terrorize civilians" Kerry and John "Our Marines murdered in cold blood!!" Murtha

Republican Congressman John Linder of Georgia is calling it quits. 8 Republicans are in the primary running and one Democrat.
The Democrat is a 3 time bronze star recipient in Iraq and Afghainstan, 20 years career West Point grad with major combat experience and retired as Bird Colonel.
Get the picture of what the Pentagon and officers in the field think of Republicans?

I'd like to study this further if anyone has any links they'd like to share. I would assume that - in general - the longer you've been in the military, the more likely it is for you to be a Democrat.

You forgot John "our troops terrorize civilians" Kerry and John "Our Marines murdered in cold blood!!" Murtha
Ah, yes.....actual COMBAT-VETS....whatta-THEY-know-about-it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPXAxNr8Cno]YouTube - Winter Soldier Investigation Film[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS8Wyp09YOI]YouTube - John Kerry Testimony: On Winter Soldier and VVAW - Vietnam War Hearing Part 1 (1971)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFlX3K5Va5o]YouTube - WINTER SOLDIER 1/10[/ame]

rushcard.jpg

Last edited:
It tells you that some retired soldiers are Democrats and some are Republicans, it's that simple.

I agree with that.
I am talking about career officers and in a district 70% Republican.
Name a retired decorated career combat West Point grad Colonel running as a Republican.
I M telling you folks. Ask Jim Webb and this guy and the Pentagon of the Iraq mess with Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al.
Those folks were not Democrats.

It tells you that some retired soldiers are Democrats and some are Republicans, it's that simple.

I agree with that.
Name a retired decorated career combat West Point grad Colonel running as a Republican.
I M telling you folks. Ask Jim Webb and this guy and the Pentagon of the Iraq mess with Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al.

How does General Dwight D. Eisenhower a/k/a President Eisenhower grab you? He was a Republican. West Point grad, decorated and had combat experience.

How about General Norman Schwarzkopf? West Point grad, decorated and had combat experience.

Last edited:

pretty weak, but whatever floats your boat.

I agree with that.

How does General Dwight D. Eisenhower a/k/a President Eisenhower grab you? He was a Republican. West Point grad, decorated and had combat experience.

How about General Norman Schwarzkopf? West Point grad, decorated and had combat experience.

and colin powell endorsed president obama; and admiral sestak is a democrat.

i'm gonna go with military folk have the same variances as every other segment of the population for 1,000, alex. (though i'm not sure if they're bronze star winners).

Last edited:

I agree with that.

Eisenhower is the kind of Republican that modern day conservatives would call a RINO. He was to the left of McCain, all things considered. Conservatives today would be trying to kick a modern-day Eisenhower out of the party.

I agree with that.

Eisenhower is the kind of Republican that modern day conservatives would call a RINO. He was to the left of McCain, all things considered. Conservatives today would be trying to kick a modern-day Eisenhower out of the party.

I don't know about that - considering the mores of yesterday to the mores of today's society and trying to make a comparison between the two would probably put Eisenhower more to the right than left of McCain.

In any event, the challenge was to name one West Point grad, career, decorated, combat experienced person who was a Republican.

:cuckoo:
Too-confusing, for you, huh?

I'm guessin'.....continually gettin' backed-into-a-corner could do that, to you....and, you certainly do seem to enjoy that!!

:rolleyes:

Too-confusing, for you, huh?

I'm guessin'.....continually gettin' backed-into-a-corner could do that, to you....and, you certainly do seem to enjoy that!!

:rolleyes:

Ya....OK fuckstain. When you grow up and stop wearing Huggies...come back and let's debate the 5 deferrment Biden's chicken hawk case....shall we?

Ok, that's 2
Ya got more, right?
:eusa_whistle:

"Why do retired Bronze star winners run as Democrats?"

Because they didn't make Silver? :)

Last edited:

I agree with that.

That was back when real Conservatives still existed....as-opposed-to the present-day pro-corporate "conservatives".​

general-dwight-d-eisenhower-267x300.jpg

"Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military/industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

Lieutenant_Colonel_Dwight_D_Eisenhower_1919.gif

I agree with that.

and colin powell endorsed president obama; and admiral sestak is a democrat.

i'm gonna go with military folk have the same variances as every other segment of the population for 1,000, alex. (though i'm not sure if they're bronze star winners).

You're not seriously suggesting that we should believe Powell endorsed Obama for any reason other than his skin color are you?

On the other point you are absolutely correct. I don't think anyone with a functioning brain believes winning a bronze star has anything to do with one's political leanings.

Forum List

Back