Why do people think the Biden Admin. was bound to the agreement Trump made to withdraw from Afghanistan?

Sorry, but that’s not true. Trump’s treaty was conditional. Please tell us why Biden stopped the Keystone Pipeline, why he stopped Trump’s Wall and Vacated Trump’s “ Stay in Mexico” policy
There is a fundamental difference in internal politics vs foreign relations.
Better yet, please tell us why Sleepy Joe didn’t get ALL Americans and our Afghan allies out and WHY we left BILLIONS of dollars of our Military equipment there
I doubt anyone could have done much better. It was a no win situation and putting 20 year of failure on Biden is absurd. He and every other President could have done better, they are all to blame, but mostly Bush.

There is a fundamental difference in internal politics vs foreign relations.

I doubt anyone could have done much better. It was a no win situation and putting 20 year of failure on Biden is absurd. He and every other President could have done better, they are all to blame, but mostly Bush.
Sorry, but the way Sleepy Joe left is inexcusable!! We left American’s there! Have you seen them on TV with OUR Weapons? It’s obvious you voted for him

Sorry, but the way Sleepy Joe left is inexcusable!!
What would you have done differently?
We left American’s there!
In Kabul or in Afghanistan and they couldn't get to Kabul because the Afghan Army lost control of the roads?
Have you seen them on TV with OUR Weapons?
They weren't OUR weapons they were weapons given to the Afghan military.
It’s obvious you voted for him
Mostly against Trump.

Which is why you and the OP are so desperate for this to be President Joe's fault.
It is. He had months to do it right but didn't. He had months to ensure all Americans and our allies got out safely but didn't. He had months to ensure our arms and even service dogs wouldn't fall to the Taliban but didn't., So, bottom line, this IS his fault.

Why do people think the Biden Admin was bound to the agreement Trump made to withdraw from Afghanistan?

Because they used that agreement as political cover to fuck things up, hoping to blame him for it is things go wrong. Which obviously they did. No president is ever bound by an agreement made by his predecessor unless Congress approves it and makes it official. Just like Obama's Paris Accords and his agreement with Iran, it had no official standing and Biden could have tore it up and made his own deal with the Taliban.

So does anyone here think Trump would have made sure all the Afghans who wanted out got out? There was a crush of Afghans at the airport. ISIS blew it up. Biden's fault?

I keep seeing it implied (and stated by Biden himself) that the U.S. and Biden Admin. had to continue with the U.S. withdrawal because of the agreement Trump had made last year to withdraw.

Why?

1) President Joe Biden has spent months changing Trump policies, why couldn't he change regarding U.S.withdrawal from Afghanistan?
2) Some will say that "The American voters wanted the U.S. to withdraw".

So? Americans always want to end our
involvement overseas somewhere. It is an IAO (Instinctive American Opinion). If you polled the American people and ask them if the U.S. should withdraw from Cardassia you would probably get a majority supporting that.

Beyond that, can anyone honestly say that there has been a massive grassroots movement in the U.S. for us to withdraw from Afghanistan? Of course not, It was a non issue in the last election.

So why do people want to claim the Biden Admin. was in any way obligated to go along with the agreements Trump had made?
I don't know but I do know Trump's plan didn't ;eave the Taliban $89 trillion in weapons, a few air ports or army post, plus list of the names of Americans and Afghans and in what capacity they worked for Americans. No Trump would have only left the Taliban a hard time and wouldn't let these thugs tell him when he would get out he would have bombed them to the stone age first and sure the hell left any Americans or allies behind and without warning to any of our allies. Joe we will not forget in 2022, or 2014 or when Hell freezes over. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DAY I WON'T HAVE TO HEAR THAT SEA HAG PELOSI OR THAT LYING ALAN SHITTS. THE GARBAGEMEN WILL BE TAKING OUT THE TRASH

Forum List

Back