Why do people immigrant to the united states?

Misty

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
They come From every country, all over the world, people risk their lives, use all their savings, sneak over our borders in the middle of the night.

And they don't leave. They don't go back to their country. They stay here.

They come here because we are the greatest country in the world.

They stay because we are the greatest country in the world.

So why does our President berate us at every opportunity?

Food for thought.

OH MY GOD!! HOW BLESSED WE ARE TO BE AMERICANS!!

HAD I BEEN BORN ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD I WOULD BE LIVING IN A SHACK AND EATING RANCID FOOD!!

AMERICA IS THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED ME FROM ANARCHY, PESTILENCE AND STARVATION THAT PLAGUES THE REST OF THE WORLD!!

AMERICA IS REALLY AN ISLAND OF PEACE, PROSPERITY AND VIRTUE SURROUNDED BY A WORLD RULED BY WARS, POVERTY AND VICE!!

OOHH!! THE EMOTION IS SO OVERWHELMING!!

LET'S ALL FADE TOGETHER NOW BECAUSE WE ARE AMERICANS!!

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!

People migrate to richer countries because even low paying jobs in those countries are better than mid-level jobs in their own countries, or the economies of their own countries are too undeveloped relative to population to be able to absorb the workforce and hence there's no jobs or only informal sector or substinence jobs. This is in not in any way, shape, or form limited to the United States. Many Africans and Middle Eastereners migrate to Europe for better (or any) jobs, and many South and Southeast Asians migrate to the microstates of the Middle East because of their low population, high wealth, and large necessity for low-skilled labor. This is not even limited to really wealthy countries or petrostates: In Costa Rica (pop: 4,500,000) we have some 500,000 legal and illegal Nicaraguans working a wide variety of different low-skill jobs because Nicaragua, despite being right next door to Costa Rica, is many times poorer. It doesn't make us "better" than Nicaraguans or anybody else though. The US has many immigrants from all over because it is the largest of all the rich countries.

If this indicator were to be the determinant for what country is the "best" (since many of you Americans are always so concerned that everyone realize you are the best), then by that same token Canada is the greatest country in the World, because they have a higher net migration rate than the US. Well, Canada, and the UEA, and Singapore, among other small city-states. Does this mean these countries are better than the US? No, not really.

Excellent post, Delta!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Just a small addendum:

One of the ways the American society uses to strengthen, to reinforce nationalism among its citizens is to create a grotesque caricature of the rest of the world as being a vast, untamed wilderness immersed in an eternal Dark Age in contrast to an island of civilization and prosperity represented by America.

People who try to compare the American standard of living with the rest of the world in a calm, impartial, fair and dispassionate manner are really missing the point and wasting their time here because this nationalist indoctrination the American people is subjected to is based on emotions not on reason, on facts.

Last edited:
José;2472039 said:
Excellent post, Delta!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Just a small addendum:

One of the ways the American society uses to strengthen, to reinforce nationalism among its citizens is to create a grotesque caricature of the rest of the world as being a vast, untamed wilderness immersed in an eternal Dark Age in contrast to an island of civilization and prosperity represented by America.

People who try to compare the American standard of living with the rest of the world in a calm, impartial, fair and dispassionate manner are really missing the point and wasting their time here because this nationalist indoctrination the American people is subjected to is based on emotions not on reason.

WHAT? I was brought up in the 60s when it was popular to feel sorry for every race EXCEPT white people because "everyone kept a few slaves in their basement". Only a few of my high school teachers actually spoke the truth. That far more whites in the US were poor than all minorities combined. Today, whites are still the majority when it comes to poverty though the Mexican Propaganda Department will call you a racist for allowing those facts into schools.

Also, Mexico is rated 50-55 out of 179 countries in the last 20 years or more for standard of living in the world by the United Nations. The United States has fallen year after year in those rating because of the immigration invasion that is destroying the US economy.

And the brainwashed Latino is the one who always brings up the "You stole our land" BS. When you point out that Latinos destroy Latin America by overpopulation, they draw the racist gun again instead of looking at it rationally. They think that the Magic Mexicans will fix everything when it can be pointed out that everything they have touched in the US has been corrupted. Good neighborhoods turned into ghettos. The economy has tanked because of all the freebees this "endangered species" thinks it deserves having done nothing to earn it.

White people have created a standard of living that people of color could not have even dreamed of.

Thats why.

No matter how bad everyone says America is, it always amazes me that the come here in droves!

America is HORRIABLE, and yet they come
America is full of racists, and yet they come
Americans hate the world, and yet they come
All of the worlds problems are Americans fault, and yet they come.

Now matter how bad WE are America sure must be better then where ever it is that all of the legal and illegals came from. And the come from EVERYWHERE!

My ancestors came here to escape poverty and organized crime. Turns out the US was just like home!

"Gawd bless America..."

My ancestors came here to escape poverty and organized crime. Turns out the US was just like home!

"Gawd bless America..."

Then you can leave Kalam. Its as simple as that. Anyone who thinks 'home" is better then America is welcome to leave and go home. Anyone who thinks they would be better off "home" should go "home" and be happy and stop complaining.

Basically its' for reasons only related to sewage disposal.
Human sewage?

"...Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"​

That was before the white man realized how many of you homeless, tired, poor, huddled masses of wretched refuse their are.

"Gawd bless America..."

Then you can leave Kalam. Its as simple as that. Anyone who thinks 'home" is better then America is welcome to leave and go home. Anyone who thinks they would be better off "home" should go "home" and be happy and stop complaining.

Never happen. They know, no matter how much they bitch about it, America is orders of magnitude better than the shitlholes they left.

Originally posted by Daveman
Never happen. They know, no matter how much they bitch about it, America is orders of magnitude better than the shitlholes they left.

Don't be shy, Dave... just copy and paste my post. It conveys the "thoughts" of a brain dead super patriotic american clown MUCH MORE ELOQUENTLY.

HAD I BEEN BORN ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD I WOULD BE LIVING IN A SHACK AND EATING RANCID FOOD!!

AMERICA IS THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED ME FROM ANARCHY, PESTILENCE AND STARVATION THAT PLAGUES THE REST OF THE WORLD!!

AMERICA IS REALLY AN ISLAND OF PEACE, PROSPERITY AND VIRTUE SURROUNDED BY A WORLD RULED BY WARS, POVERTY AND VICE!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

José;2472487 said:
Originally posted by Daveman

Don't be shy, Dave... just copy and paste my post. It conveys the "thoughts" of a brain dead super patriotic american clown MUCH MORE ELOQUENTLY.

Gosh, you're a dumbass. If America sucks so bad, why don't you leave?

José;2472487 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alright jose, then you tell me: Why do they still come? Why do they cross our borders illegally to get here and not stay where they come from?

"Gawd bless America..."

Yeah Dave-er, whatever.
Next time you buy and eat corn or tomatoes grown in Mexico, and some illegal runs up to you and sez', eat shit, don't get pissed, because you already have!!!:lol::lol::lol:
BTW, a personal Happy 4th to you.
Enjoy your Bar-B-Que, too!

Yeah Dave-er, whatever.
Next time you buy and eat corn or tomatoes grown in Mexico, and some illegal runs up to you and sez', eat shit, don't get pissed, because you already have!!!:lol::lol::lol:
If Mexico's so awesome, why do people risk getting shot, dying of thirst in the desert, and being arrested to come here?
BTW, a personal Happy 4th to you.
Enjoy your Bar-B-Que, too!
Thanks, and you too! :)

Forum List

Back