Why do people bitch & whine about the attack on the U.S.S. Liberty so much?

They did not need photography for positive identification Mr Mushroom

~S~

Yes, and?

You are aware that ships move, right? You are talking photos taken hours earlier. It was not a fixed land position, it was a ship that was moving.

Go out and take a photo of a highway near you. Then go back hours later and take another photo. How many of those vehicles were at that position hours earlier?

And the USS Liberty was literally a WWII era Victory ship. There were over 500 of those built, with well over 100 serving in the region primarily as cargo ships. Hell, Aristotle Onassis owned seven of the things that operated in that region. He also owned about two dozen Liberty ships.

So once again, you make a charge that is really very pointless. One of the reasons the US used two of the Victory ships as "research vessels" is that they were generic cargo ships that were common throughout the world in the era before standardized cargo containers became the norm. And any of them would be lost among all the other almost identical cargo ships. Kinda like how the Soviets disguised their similar ships as fishing trawlers.

they were generic cargo ships that were common throughout the world
The USS Liberty was an American ship, with all American markings, with our traditional American Flag Mr Mushroom

There was no mistaking this

The IDF knew, and took 6 hours doing it, it was an American ship

The USS Liberty sent out an SOS under attack, and everyone w/in earshot including the entire M.E. knew the IDF was attacking an American ship, right up to the offal office and LBJ

~S~

Why do people make such a big deal about the Liberty flying an American flag? IIRC a nations flag on a ship is NOT considered to be "definitive" regarding a ship's country of origin

Why do people make such a big deal about the Liberty flying an American flag?

They are simply looking for anything they can use. There is really no rational or reason behind their hatred, it is just hatred.

Of course, it is also interesting that if one examines the posting history of each of them, they are almost always filled with similar postings. As I said, it is kinda like the ramblings of Snitwin. And to be honest about as informative.

Identification markings: Liberty bore an eight-foot-high "5" and a four-foot-high "GTR" along either bow, clearly displaying her hull (or "pennant") number (AGTR-5) to indicate she was a technical research ship. She also had 18-inch (460 mm)-high letters spelling the vessel's name across her stern. These markings were not cursive Arabic script but in the Latin alphabet. Israeli pilots initially said they were primarily concerned with ensuring the ship was not an Israeli warship and that they ended the air attack when they noticed the Latin alphabet markings

<<<<<<<<<&&&>>>>>>>>>>

Visibility of American flag: The official Israeli reports say that the reconnaissance and fighter aircraft pilots, and the torpedo boat captains did not see any flag on the Liberty. Official American reports say that the Liberty was flying her American flag before, during and after the attack; the only exception being a brief period in which one flag had been shot down and was replaced with a larger flag. The helicopters sent to the attack site to provide assistance after the air attack noticed an American flag flying from the ship almost immediately upon their arrival at the attack site[115] and informed their controller.

>>>>>>>>&&&&<<<<<<<<<<<<
Distinctiveness of USS Liberty's appearance: It is disputed whether the Liberty would have been immediately recognizable as a different vessel from the Egyptian ship El Quseir. Admiral Tom Moorer stated that the Liberty was the most identifiable ship in the U.S. Navy and in an interview with the Washington Post stated that it was "ridiculous" to suggest that it would not be identified as such
~S~

The USS Liberty was an American ship, with all American markings, with our traditional American Flag Mr Mushroom

The USS Liberty sent out an SOS under attack, and everyone w/in earshot including the entire M.E. knew the IDF was attacking an American ship, right up to the offal office and LBJ

~S~
oh!!! ??? You got evidence of that ^^^^^^ I didn't know

On 30 October 2014, Al Jazeera broadcast a documentary film containing recent first-hand accounts by several survivors of the incident.[114] The documentary argues that Israel knew the ship was American, and planned to blame its sinking on Egypt in order to draw the United States into the war on the Israeli side.

1713726323702.png

~S~

On 30 October 2014, Al Jazeera broadcast a documentary film containing recent first-hand accounts by several survivors of the incident.[114] The documentary argues that Israel knew the ship was American, and planned to blame its sinking on Egypt in order to draw the United States into the war on the Israeli side.

View attachment 935606

~S~
If Israel wanted to sink the ship and kill the crew----they could have done that without much trouble...... and Oswald killed JFK and the Mossad did not do
9-11-01 and Oct 7 really did happen

~S~
No, the IDF did not know it was an American ship until near the very end, and when they did, they called off their torpedo boats.

Military history is replete with baffling examples of friendly fire from allied nations on units/vehicles/ships that were clearly marked. It happens.

Remember that one of future President Washington's famous early experiences as a solider was during "friendly fire" incident in the French/Indian War
where two groups of his soldiers were firing at each other at close range. Washington walked between them pushing their rifle muzzles up.

Oh lord, can you not do anything honestly?

You say you want to go with my example, then claim the exact opposite.

Let me know if you ever want to try and discuss things at an adult level. This petty childishness is too much.
You didn't want to discuss this issue as a metaphor, so I said let's go with your "example" and discuss it in those terms.

You got real comprehension issues if you think "go with" is the same as "agree with". Now listen junior, you obviously are a kid, so I will spell it out for you, the incident was not friendly fire. Your reference to Korea was total horseshit and does not apply.

Israel deliberately shot up a US warship, you fucking asshole!

oh---so why do you call it a "war ship" and why did Israel not sink it and kill everyone----there was no one else there to stop them
SO? did they have to share them? For a nefarious operation---they
were certainly UTTERLY FORTHCOMING. There were recordings that
reflected uncertainty----try to be honest for a change---obviously they
were

I care nothing for Israel and I would say your remarks amount to treason against the United States.

Believe it or not, I actually like the country of Israel and its rational residents.
I simply feel that Israel's current government is as criminal and ruthless as any on the planet.

Next, in what way is my support for fellow American combat Veterans "treasonous"?

Another question: If you don't especially like Israel, why do you side with the lies of a foreign government over the testimony of American Veterans who have been slandered, betrayed and harassed.

Finally, you have not answered the three questions / facts I asked earlier that are among other facts showing that IDF knowingly attacked an American ship and even strafed the life rafts.

These are from an earlier comment I made.

"1. Who to believe?
You've got nothing that contradicts the Moorer Report but your loyalty to Israel keeps you in denial of the truth.
I wrote and supported that the initial attacks were from unmarked, Israeli French Mirage planes. Subsequent attacks with marked planes and torpedo boats were to leave no survivors and sink the ship.

2. Your response does nothing to refute the fact that the Israeli murder of 34 American G.I.s by IDF as further supported by an ethical Israeli pilot.

3. I already provided at least 2 credible sources that show that IDF strafed lowered life rafts; (a war crime) further evidence that the Israelis wanted no survivors / eyewitnesses to yet another Israeli betrayal.

Do you stilll believe the attack was accidental?

Thanks,

They tried 3 times and still couldn't sink it. Why? Because we build good boats!

I believe that 3 out of 4 torpedos fired at the Liberty missed.

What is especially disturbing is that IDF had orders to leave no survivors / eyewitnesses and even strafed lowered life rafts.(1)

I have yet to hear a "Liberty Denier" explain how IDF "accidentally" strafed lowered life rafts.

To be fair, there was one ethical Israeli pilot who refused to participate in the criminal massacre. (2)

Were you already aware of these facts?

Thanks,

(1). "The Forgotten Sneak Attack"
https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/12/09/the-forgotten-sneak-attack/

EXCERPT "The life raft taken by the Israeli torpedo boat and the wheel of the torpedo boat that succeeded in hitting Liberty are on display at Israel’s National Maritime Museum in Haifa. In Israel, those who participated in the attack are celebrated as national heroes."CONTINUED

(2) "Israeli Pilot Speaks Up"
https://www.wrmea.org/1993-june/the-assault-on-the-uss-liberty-still-covered-up-after-26-years.html

EXCERPT "Fifteen years after the attack, an Israeli pilot approached Liberty survivors and then held extensive interviews with former Congressman Paul N. (Pete) McCloskey about his role. According to this senior Israeli lead pilot, he recognized the Liberty as American immediately, so informed his headquarters, and was told to ignore the American flag and continue his attack. He refused to do so and returned to base, where he was arrested."CONTINUED

Forum List

Back