Why do men wear ties & a woman wears dresses?

I started this thread after watching a National Geographic show that filmed birds mating and it was the male that had the colorful feathers and danced in circles to impress the females. Looking a little further I discovered that it was the male’s who tried to “impress” the females in most animal species except the human one. In the human mating game, it’s the female that fluffs her hair and colors her face to get some attention.

The role is reversed and I wondered why.

Then the tie thing came along

In many animal species the female has to remain hidden. In birds the female sits on the eggs. Flashy colors on the female would doom the species. In humans, that is not the case.

As for human males trying to impress females, go to a bar near closing time. It is as accurate at NatGeo.

Why do men wear ties & a woman wears dresses?

Why do male birds flash its feathers and dance in circles while mammals flex its muscles to attract a female while the human male sits back while the female fluffs her hair and wear colorful makeup.

Why did humans reverse this role?

Especially the tie thing, why do men wear ties?

Male men are mammals and they also flex their muscles to attract females. :lol:

A lot of our roles can be traced back to biological imperatives that are programmed in our bodies.

Males look to spread their DNA as much as possible. Females look to find the best, most suitable mate.

Forum List

Back