Why do men wear ties & a woman wears dresses?

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017

Why do male birds flash its feathers and dance in circles while mammals flex its muscles to attract a female while the human male sits back while the female fluffs her hair and wear colorful makeup.

Why did humans reverse this role?

Especially the tie thing, why do men wear ties?

Why do male birds flash its feathers and dance in circles while mammals flex its muscles to attract a female while the human male sits back while the female fluffs her hair and wear colorful makeup.

You just get back from church?

Men need SOMETHING uncomfortable in their wardrobe. Try pantyhose and heels if you really want something to complain about.

I think ties are a sign of submission. It is a long narrow cloth wrapped around your neck. You don't want this around your neck during a confrontation.

The tie thing came from the French, as ex-pat so ably explained. At least you don't have to wear a lace ascot and cuffs, like Washington, Jefferson, etc. did.

Roman generals used to wear make-up into battle. The Egyptians probably did, too. Some Native Americans carefully did their hair before going into battle, and this was a necessity since a lot of tribes identified their members by hairstyle and you didn't want to kill one a relative of friend in the heat of battle.

I saw a great show several years ago about some group in Africa that had an annual festival, during which the eligible bachelors would dress in their version of Sunday-best and dance before the eligible ladies in hopes of capturing one's attention. I was watching it with a friend and we both agreed that this custom met with our enthusiastic approval. At least you could tell who had a sense of rhythm.

Now for the $64,000 question:

Why do men where pants and women wear skirts? You gentlemen have extra "equipment" up front that must be accommodated on one side or another, which women don't have. When I was in college, I dated an American graduate student whose parents had moved to France and he visited them several times a year. He told me that a good European tailor would figure out what side one's "equipment" gravitated toward and give a little extra room. But why bother? The Scots and the Greeks certainly look good. Whether they "go commando" or not, I have no idea.

So many Western men have managed their way into dullness and don't seem to be people comfortable with their bodies. I look at some of these guys involved in these sex scandals and wonder what anyone sees in them. Yet I look at the girls and women on TV, and they are sleeveless, or in bikinis or gowns with their breasts hanging out. But the males are dressed to the teeth.

I started this thread after watching a National Geographic show that filmed birds mating and it was the male that had the colorful feathers and danced in circles to impress the females. Looking a little further I discovered that it was the male’s who tried to “impress” the females in most animal species except the human one. In the human mating game, it’s the female that fluffs her hair and colors her face to get some attention.

The role is reversed and I wondered why.

Then the tie thing came along

I've always wondered how one can walk past 500 people (depending on one's gender and sexual orientation), without any reaction, and then come upon #501, and all hell breaks loose. It's just a mystery to me. Can anyone ever explain this? It's not pheromones or "chemistry" because we were never in close proximity. Years ago, I came across a young actor on the flat screen. I don't know the guy, never met him, never was in the same room with him, saw him only in character in the roles he played, in which he occasionally stripped to jeans some eight inches below his navel. Yet there I was, besotted. I will die not knowing how this thing operates. Just what is it? How do we function as human beings?

I've always wondered how one can walk past 500 people (depending on one's gender and sexual orientation), without any reaction, and then come upon #501, and all hell breaks loose. It's just a mystery to me. Can anyone ever explain this? It's not pheromones or "chemistry" because we were never in close proximity. Years ago, I came across a young actor on the flat screen. I don't know the guy, never met him, never was in the same room with him, saw him only in character in the roles he played, in which he occasionally stripped to jeans some eight inches below his navel. Yet there I was, besotted. I will die not knowing how this thing operates. Just what is it? How do we function as human beings?

Oh, God! Thanks for the laugh! I always loved the auto-pilot smoking after sex, and the shit hitting the fan! Over! Under! I've got to watch this again! But not while we're over Nacho Grande!

Oh, God! Thanks for the laugh! I always loved the auto-pilot smoking after sex, and the shit hitting the fan! Over! Under! I've got to watch this again! But not while we're over Nacho Grande!

You'll never be over Nacho Grande.

8 inches below the navel? Only if his navel was directly between his nipples.

8 inches below the navel? Only if his navel was directly between his nipples.
Nope. There was the bellybutton, and then there was totally south of that where his is belt-buckle was at. I wish that I was good at screen shots and such or I would show you. One sexy fella! I still will never know how how human beings operate! I found the guy delicious, though.

Thats easy as far as women go,easy access.
upload_2018-2-20_20-15-46.png

Men need SOMETHING uncomfortable in their wardrobe. Try pantyhose and heels if you really want something to complain about.
That among many other things. So glad im a dude. So glad i dont have a daughter. We got it easy lol

That among many other things. So glad im a dude. So glad i dont have a daughter. We got it easy lol

Yep...I know women are jealous of our ability to take a leak almost anywhere.

This makes sense to me. I always thought the tie was invented by women, to pay men back for the bra and girdle.

Forum List

Back