Why do liberals want to cut school spending?

jknowgood

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2010
South carolina
Obama's department of justice is wanting to block federal funding if nc doesn't cave in to them. Which will cut federal funding to schools. I thought no matter what, school funding should be cut. Oh but if it doesn't fit their agenda, they will hurt our poor children. It's down right racist I tell ya!

Obama's department of justice is wanting to block federal funding if nc doesn't cave in to them. Which will cut federal funding to schools. I thought no matter what, school funding should be cut. Oh but if it doesn't fit their agenda, they will hurt our poor children. It's down right racist I tell ya!

Link?

There should be no federal funding of schools anyway.

True, but since there is , you gotta admit pretty chicken shit of the federal government to use it as a stick to prevent state laws they don't like.

And that is all this is, they don't LIKE the law. If they want to challenge it on a legal stance, then fine take NC to court, but what they are doing isn't much different than the black guy who fights with police who are trying to arrest him, rather than using the legal method provided for by the COTUS to deal with such things.

True, but since there is , you gotta admit pretty chicken shit of the federal government to use it as a stick to prevent state laws they don't like.

And that is all this is, they don't LIKE the law. If they want to challenge it on a legal stance, then fine take NC to court, but what they are doing isn't much different than the black guy who fights with police who are trying to arrest him, rather than using the legal method provided for by the COTUS to deal with such things.

SCOTUS has already ruled that it's A-Okay for the federal government to black mail states by withholding the return of tax dollars. That's why we now have 50 states with a 21 year old minimum drinking age when many of them used to be 18.

SCOTUS has already ruled that it's A-Okay for the federal government to black mail states by withholding the return of tax dollars. That's why we now have 50 states with a 21 year old minimum drinking age when many of them used to be 18.

True, but have you read that ruling? It's fucked up. Of the five points they set , one of them is the cutting of funding must not be coercive. Which is stupid because ANY time the federal government says "do this or else" That is coercion.

Here's the relevant portion of the ruling.

1. The spending must promote "the general welfare";
  2. The condition must be unambiguous;
  3. The condition should relate "to the federal interest in particular national projects or programs";
  4. The condition imposed on the States must not in itself be unconstitutional; and
  5. The condition must not be coercive.
Now, please tell me how what some business does with their bathrooms relates to federal interests? It doesn't. That's obvious.

I would also argue that forcing businesses to allow transgenders into same sex only bathrooms is unconstitutional.

An honest federal judge would put a stay on the withholding of funds and make the federal government go through the courts to determine the legality of their order.

True, but have you read that ruling? It's fucked up. Of the five points they set , one of them is the cutting of funding must not be coercive. Which is stupid because ANY time the federal government says "do this or else" That is coercion.

Here's the relevant portion of the ruling.

1. The spending must promote "the general welfare";
  2. The condition must be unambiguous;
  3. The condition should relate "to the federal interest in particular national projects or programs";
  4. The condition imposed on the States must not in itself be unconstitutional; and
  5. The condition must not be coercive.
Now, please tell me how what some business does with their bathrooms relates to federal interests? It doesn't. That's obvious.

I would also argue that forcing businesses to allow transgenders into same sex only bathrooms is unconstitutional.

An honest federal judge would put a stay on the withholding of funds and make the federal government go through the courts to determine the legality of their order.

They'll use the same reasoning they did in the Heart of Atlanta case. Commerce Clause gives them the authority.

It's bullshit, but so was Wickard v. Filburn which started the whole "we can shoehorn everything into the Commerce Clause" nonsense.

Link?
Obama's doj gave nc governor till 5 o'clock today to do away with the bathroom law are face federal funding, which in includes school funding. It's all over the news. So you support this?

Yet the government won't cut funding to "sanctuary" states and cities that openly flout federal immigration laws.

Commie liberals don't give a shit about education, they never have. They see indoctrination as the only objective of schools. If they refuse to indoctrinate children then they will squish them like bugs.

They'll deny them all those programs that they have encouraged dependence upon, and that they have used to buy votes...federal rental subsidies, food stamps, school lunch programs...they will deny children food if the states don't cave to their agenda.

I saw this coming 15 years ago, I've been talking on it here since before Obama took office. Enjoy you entitlement whores. Obama and the rest of the progressives are going to make big fat moves on your big fat lazy asses, and you are going to cry, briefly, before you die.

"Why do liberals want to cut school spending?"

Loaded question fallacy, straw man fallacy, another ridiculous lie from the right.

Oh, it's not a lie. You may wish it was, but it is not. A threat has been made by the liberal administration to cut federal funding ,including to schools. Now , you may justify such threats, but nonetheless they are threats to cut funding to schools.

And, for the longest time, 55 mph speed limit everywhere.

Nevermind which party wants to cut education spending, what are we getting for our money? We've spent God only knows how much tax money since the DoE was established and test scores haven't improved a whit, inner city schools are war zones, drop out rates have skyrocketed, our students aren't learning how to critically think or do math, art and vo-tech is on its way out, and the only progress we've seen is the sheer number of administrator positions created.

So why keep spending federal funds on education when that money isn't producing any positive results?

Forum List

Back