Why do Conservatives on the USMB keep insisting Confederates are Liberals????

Can someone explain that to me? How can they be members of this board and know absolutely nothing about American history? Especially after all the discussion?

Yeah...nice lie....confederates were democrats and no, they were not classical liberals. they wanted to preserve the institution of slavery...you guys lie by trying to equate modern conservatism to the racism of the democrats....,,nice try....

They wanted to preserve slavery via the power of states rights.

Now where on the political spectrum are the most zealous states rights advocates nowadays?

In the Democratic Party?

What a bass ackwards question, the question should be, where on the political spectrum are the most zealous constitutional advocates nowadays?

It damn sure ain't in the commiecrat party.

Can someone explain that to me? How can they be members of this board and know absolutely nothing about American history? Especially after all the discussion?

Yeah...nice lie....confederates were democrats and no, they were not classical liberals. they wanted to preserve the institution of slavery...you guys lie by trying to equate modern conservatism to the racism of the democrats....,,nice try....

They wanted to preserve slavery via the power of states rights.

Now where on the political spectrum are the most zealous states rights advocates nowadays?

In the Democratic Party?

What a bass ackwards question, the question should be, where on the political spectrum are the most zealous constitutional advocates nowadays?

It damn sure ain't in the commiecrat party.

That is a great point............well said.....

First off, confederates were democrats, not liberals. Secondly, today's so-called liberals are not really liberals. They're neoconservatives, rigidly mired in 1960's ideology.

First off, confederates were democrats, not liberals. Secondly, today's so-called liberals are not really liberals. They're neoconservatives, rigidly mired in 1960's ideology.

The sheer moronic ignorance of that post is staggering.

The OP is NOT about political parties at all.

The OP is about conservatives and liberals.

The confederates were NOT liberals because liberals were for the abolition of slavery.

The confederates wanted to "conserve" their way of life and economy that was based upon slave labor.

The confederates opposed abolition.

Ergo the confederates were conservatives.

The confederates were NOT liberals because liberals were for the abolition of slavery.

The confederates wanted to "conserve" their way of life and economy that was based upon slave labor.

Yes...the confederates were conservatives trying to preserve slavery.....Republicans of the time were trying to conserve the The Constitution, the Bill of Rights and The Declaration of Independence.....and you assholes want to use the word Conservative to smear modern conservatives with democrat slavery......so you lie when you use the term......

Read more closely.

Forum List

Back