Why do Conservative Republicans Support Politicians Who Ignore The Public?

and why do you think they will improve it?

Who said anything about improving it? I said they will severely MODIFY it. Maybe you aren't as smart as I originally gave you credit for. My bad.

Anyone with half a brain realizes that a 1,400 or 2,000 page bill is a dangerous bureaucratic nightmare.

So, let me guess. You were in favor of the GOP's brilliant 18 page budget plan they rolled out?

Isn't it safe to assume that HR 3200 will be severely modified by the Senate? Come on. You are smarter than this.
It was originally 1,000 pages. The House added 400 additional pages in July. The Senate will likely add more, to buy the Senator's votes.

How many more pages will the Senate add, and why do you think they will improve it?

Anyone with half a brain realizes that a 1,400 or 2,000 page bill is a dangerous bureaucratic nightmare.

It is less a threat to the health of our nation than more than 44mm uninsured Americans.

Stop bitching and twitching, and to get work trying to get some compromises in it you can live with it. The Dems are going to shove a single-payer system down your throat if you don't.
I don't have the money to buy compromises. I want them to burn HR 3200 and start over...and my representative knows as much.

And HR 3200 is a de-facto single-payer system. Pages 300-400 of HR 3200 will kill the private insurance industry in less than a decade.

That's the beauty of a 1,400 page bill...99% of Americans (including Congressmen) will never read it, and so you can add whatever you want.

Last edited:
Theodore founded the Progressive Party when he split from the Republicans, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. If you would like to discuss the ironies in America's polemic shifts, that deserves another thread.

You are in error. TR's beliefs and his probability of supporting Barak (Deborah's war chief, by the way) is germane to this discussion. Of course what it has to do with your avatar is up for guesses. :lol:

Why is he my avatar? For a simple reason, really.

Teddy%20Roosevelt%20in%20the%20Badlands%20of%20North%20Dakota.gif

This man is the founder of the Progressive Party.

What a great photo! He goes West because his young wife dies, ranches in the frontier times, and returns a few years later to New York, San Juan hill, and American glory. What a great story!

Who said anything about improving it? I said they will severely MODIFY it.
Not if we can kill HR 3200 while it is still in the House...

So, let me guess. You were in favor of the GOP's brilliant 18 page budget plan they rolled out?
The only two professions that ignore Occam's Razor are Philosophers and Lawyers.

We have a Lawyer for a President.

Who said anything about improving it? I said they will severely MODIFY it.
Not if we can kill HR 3200 while it is still in the House...

The only two professions that ignore Occam's Razor are Philosophers and Lawyers.

We have a Lawyer for a President.

And we had a meat puppet on the hand of an evil man before that.

What a great photo! He goes West because his young wife dies, ranches in the frontier times, and returns a few years later to New York, San Juan hill, and American glory. What a great story!
Yes.

Even though I do not agree with all his political stances, I can ignore partisanship to recognize an American hero. This is a lesson lost on many here on this forum, unfortunately.

Your President ignores his own Congressional budget office, a non-partisan group of number crunchers. Of course, he is ignoring the majority of Americans on his health care plan proposal. Have you seen the polls lately?? It's not looking good for him and his plan. Would you please provide a RECENT poll that supports his plan or him, because I sure have not seen any. This from the cbo:

"Collectively, those provisions would yield a significant increase in the number of
Americans with health insurance. By 2019, CBO and the staff of JCT estimate, the
number of nonelderly people without health insurance would be reduced by about
37 million, leaving about 17 million nonelderly residents uninsured (nearly half of
whom would be unauthorized immigrants). In total, CBO estimates that enacting
those provisions would raise deficits by $1,042 billion over the 2010-2019 period."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/06/politics/washingtonpost/main5219669.shtml

Did you notice the word DEFICIT and I beleive that 1,000 billion equates to 1 trillion dollars in increases not decreases.

what exactly have the Dems done?

gawd, you're awfull at feigning outrage.

Outrage? I beg to differ. I'm just stating a fact. Running up the debt like the republicans did...but even more so, will get the same results Dev.

If the economy turns around, the Dems will say, "See, we saved you."

If the economy does not turn around, the Dems will say, "See, the Pubs screwed us all so bad it will take another two years."

Guys, the great majority of Americans fear and hate the GOP: less than 1 out of 5 considers him/herself a Pub.

And the fear mongering is beginning to turn a majority of Americans off, and once the Dems get that poll, they will shove a single-payer system down our throats instead of the two-tier they are willing to accept now.

That's quite a pipe dream you have Jackie. I noticed that you backed it up with no more than just your tripe. Good post. Here are some facts for you on your numbers that you tried to sell on this thread.

Thus far in 2009, Gallup has found an average of 36% of Americans considering themselves Democratic, 28% Republican, and 37% independent. When independents are pressed to say which party they lean toward, 51% of Americans identify as Democrats, 39% as Republicans, and only 9% as pure independents.

That does blow, when your 1-5 number consider they are republicans is just a wish on your end.

Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.
“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

Again, I know this must suck for you....

Americans are a little smarter than you give credit. They know when they're getting screwed, and by who

Last edited:
2 examples: Dick Cheney and George Bush

Cheney On Two-Thirds Of The American Public Opposing The Iraq War: ‘So?’
This morning, on the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion, ABC’s Good Morning America aired an interview with Vice President Cheney on the war. During the segment, Cheney flatly told White House correspondent Martha Raddatz that he doesn’t care about the American public’s views on the war:

CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

RADDATZ: So? You don’t care what the American people think?

CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

Cheney on why he didn't serve or volunteer to defend America when other young men were doing so---and dying:
Away from the hearing room, he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Bush: just google: bush ignores public opinion or any similar phrase with Bush on the querry.

sigh

crazies expressing faux outrage at proponents of health care reform are soooooooooooooooo hypocritical and clueless.

The same reason Liberal Democrats support politicians that ignore the public....hardcore liberals and hardcore consevatives share one trait, they are driven by ideology and will be blind to anything that goes against it.

Your posts here are proof of that from the left, and some from the right posting also prove my point.

enjoy your partisan thread.

Did you notice the word DEFICIT and I beleive that 1,000 billion equates to 1 trillion dollars in increases not decreases.

This is not new. Where have you been for the past few months?

you now seem to be saying that its ok for the President and other politicians to ignore public opinion because they know what is right for us.

What makes you think Obama is ignoring public opinion?

The same thing that makes me think you are ignoring public opinion....

Have you not been listening to the town hall meetings? Or are you one of those quacked out koolaid drinkers that thinks that the only people that are coming to these meetings and speaking out against the healthcare reform are paid by some special interest group??? The people, whether it's your crowd or not, ARE voicing their opinions and concerns and the administration doesn't seem to be listening.

As far as your post about Cheney, you're comaring apples to oranges...not to mention that it is a previous administration with ZERO effect on politics today. Who cares of Cheney doesn't care if the people like their decision or not. They used the information they had and made a decision....BACKED BY A MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS IN THE HOUSE...and went to war. Why is this just Bush and Cheney's fault??? What about all the dems that voted for it before they voted against it? Can't bring yourself to throw them under the bus, huh?

I have children and they don't like my rules about going to bed early during the school year. As a matter of fact, it's not just 2/3's of them that disagree...it's ALL of them. But I don't care....It's not in their best interest. And they don't have a good enough reason to change my position. There isn't one. Cheney's attitude was the same. There weren't enough good reasons NOT to act on the information that was available and a majority of lawmakers agreed on that very thing.

This reform is different though. There are PLENTY of reasons NOT to push this through. And the people are drawing attention to them. But the admin doesn't care. They have an agenda and they are going to do EVERYTHING in their power, including demonizing and organizing against the will of the people to make sure that agenda is put in place.

This is not new. Where have you been for the past few months?

Yup the national debt, Under Obama, has reached the highest level ever of 1.8 trillion now. That is 3 times the amount it was just one year ago.

Good Job signing that bailout Bush, and good job being an even bigger idiot by expanding it and signing more un-paid for govt spending into law obama.

DOUCHEBAGS

Have you not been listening to the town hall meetings?

Have you? How can you have a debate or even listen to information when all the people do is scream and yell? The town halls have been a waste of everyone's time for the most part, thanks to those who needed information the most.

Screaming our heads off about the debt while you were rolling over and playing dead for Obama...

So, what have you learned from this experience? Screaming, yelling, pissing, whining, moaning and even fear mongering, gets you WHAT, exactly?

Screaming our heads off about the debt while you were rolling over and playing dead for Obama...

So, what have you learned from this experience? Screaming, yelling, pissing, whining, moaning and even fear mongering, gets you WHAT, exactly?

If the conservatives learned anything from the 8 years of temper tantrums by the left while bush was president they learned that screaming, yelling, whining, and even fear mongering gets you a super majority in the senate and control of the white house.

It sucks that the republicans are smart enough to learn political guerrilla warfare from the democrats doesn't it :lol:

Yes.

Even though I do not agree with all his political stances, I can ignore partisanship to recognize an American hero. This is a lesson lost on many here on this forum, unfortunately.

Barak will be recognized too as a great "American hero." No way around it, unless he is discovered fiddling the Jonas Brothers (down, Gunny -- I am only talking hypothetically here).

It gets...

...thousands upon thousands of people discussing healthcare in forums.
...every major news station discussing and arguing about healthcare.
...blue-dog Democrats refusing to vote for the bill.
...left-wing radicals Pelosi and Reid attacking their constituents.
...54% of the electorate against Obama's healthcare plan.
...video of us on every television in America.
...the American people to wake up.

...the job done.

Yes.

Barak will be recognized too as a great "American hero." No way around it, unless he is discovered fiddling the Jonas Brothers (down, Gunny -- I am only talking hypothetically here).

I bet he'll go down as the second Herbert Hoover. Only time will tell.

Forum List

Back