Why do Conservative Republicans Support Politicians Who Ignore The Public?

Gem, the Dems won the elections and took both the House and the Senate. They have large majorities plus the President. Elections have consquences, and the Dems will do as they wish. The Pubs are in the minority.

So be it.
The dems are making the same mistakes as the republicans did, and they too will face the same results as the republicans did.

what exactly have the Dems done? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gawd, you're awfull at feigning outrage.

Outrage? I beg to differ. I'm just stating a fact. Running up the debt like the republicans did...but even more so, will get the same results Dev.

2 examples: Dick Cheney and George Bush

Cheney On Two-Thirds Of The American Public Opposing The Iraq War: ‘So?’
This morning, on the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion, ABC’s Good Morning America aired an interview with Vice President Cheney on the war. During the segment, Cheney flatly told White House correspondent Martha Raddatz that he doesn’t care about the American public’s views on the war:

CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

RADDATZ: So? You don’t care what the American people think?

CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

Cheney on why he didn't serve or volunteer to defend America when other young men were doing so---and dying:
Away from the hearing room, he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Bush: just google: bush ignores public opinion or any similar phrase with Bush on the querry.

sigh

crazies expressing faux outrage at proponents of health care reform are soooooooooooooooo hypocritical and clueless.

Uh, because they aren't liberal democrats who ignore the public.

are you unaware that the national polls indicate that a majority are against what obama is pushing....

Are you aware that fear mongering and lying from the right has played a large role in this shift?

well as the left has always said the american public is stupid and don't know what is best for them.....rather suprising that the brilliant left was undone so easily.....

According to the latest Rasmussen poll, 32% of voters support Obama's healthcare plan, while 56% oppose it.

Hence the stupidity of polls. Obama does not have a plan being debated in Congress, now does he?

According to the latest Rasmussen poll, 32% of voters support Obama's healthcare plan, while 56% oppose it.

Hence the stupidity of polls. Obama does not have a plan being debated in Congress, now does he?
Yes he does.

HR 3200 was proposed to Congress on July 14th. This was the 1,400 page bill Obama wanted passed before August, and this is the first healthcare bill Congress will vote on after the August recess.

Any newer, shorter bills are back-up plans only to be considered if HR 3200 fails. So, America and Congress is now debating HR 3200

House Health Care Bill - H.R.3200: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Text of H.R.3200 as Introduced in House: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Last edited:
The dems are making the same mistakes as the republicans did, and they too will face the same results as the republicans did.

what exactly have the Dems done?

gawd, you're awfull at feigning outrage.

Outrage? I beg to differ. I'm just stating a fact. Running up the debt like the republicans did...but even more so, will get the same results Dev.

If the economy turns around, the Dems will say, "See, we saved you."

If the economy does not turn around, the Dems will say, "See, the Pubs screwed us all so bad it will take another two years."

Guys, the great majority of Americans fear and hate the GOP: less than 1 out of 5 considers him/herself a Pub.

And the fear mongering is beginning to turn a majority of Americans off, and once the Dems get that poll, they will shove a single-payer system down our throats instead of the two-tier they are willing to accept now.

HR 3200 was proposed to Congress on July 14th. This was the 1,400 page bill Obama wanted passed before August, and this is the first healthcare bill Congress will vote on after the August recess.

Oh, so Obama WROTE this bill? Did we elect a King when I wasn't looking? What the hell are we paying all of the folks in Congress for?

Oh, so Obama WROTE this bill? Did we elect a King when I wasn't looking? What the hell are we paying all of the folks in Congress for?
No, and nowhere did I say Obama wrote the bill. Obama did not write the Stimulus, either, but he pushed that bill through Congress, yes? He is claiming credit for the Stimulus in Montana as we speak.

HR 3200 is the bill Obama has been referring to in nearly every speech since mid-July, and it is the bill that he is promoting on Television right now. Obama is giving HR 3200 his full support.

Last edited:
So would have Theodore Roosevelt, who moved steadily from conservative to progressive. Read his "New Nationalism" policy statements for the election of 1912.

So would have Theodore Roosevelt, who moved steadily from conservative to progressive. Read his "New Nationalism" policy statements for the election of 1912.
Theodore founded the Progressive Party when he split from the Republicans, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. If you would like to discuss the ironies in America's polemic shifts, that deserves another thread.

Theodore founded the Progressive Party when he split from the Republicans, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. If you would like to discuss the ironies in America's polemic shifts, that deserves another thread.

You are in error. TR's beliefs and his probability of supporting Barak (Deborah's war chief, by the way) is germane to this discussion. Of course what it has to do with your avatar is up for guesses. :lol:

Obama is giving HR 3200 his full support.

Isn't it safe to assume that HR 3200 will be severely modified by the Senate? Come on. You are smarter than this.
It was originally 1,000 pages. The House added 400 additional pages in July. The Senate will likely add more, to buy the Senator's votes.

How many more pages will the Senate add, and why do you think they will improve it?

Anyone with half a brain realizes that a 1,400 or 2,000 page bill is a dangerous bureaucratic nightmare.

Obama is giving HR 3200 his full support.

Isn't it safe to assume that HR 3200 will be severely modified by the Senate? Come on. You are smarter than this.
It was originally 1,000 pages. The House added 400 additional pages in July. The Senate will likely add more, to buy the Senator's votes.

How many more pages will the Senate add, and why do you think they will improve it?

Anyone with half a brain realizes that a 1,400 or 2,000 page bill is a dangerous bureaucratic nightmare.

It is less a threat to the health of our nation than more than 44mm uninsured Americans.

Stop bitching and twitching, and to get work trying to get some compromises in it so you can live with it. The Dems are going to shove a single-payer system down your throat if you don't.

Last edited:

You are in error. TR's beliefs and his probability of supporting Barak (Deborah's war chief, by the way) is germane to this discussion. Of course what it has to do with your avatar is up for guesses. :lol:

Why is he my avatar? For a simple reason, really.

Teddy%20Roosevelt%20in%20the%20Badlands%20of%20North%20Dakota.gif

This man is the founder of the Progressive Party.

Forum List

Back