Why do Blue States lead in Education and Standard of Living?

The only problem is that Democrats, beholden to the Teacher's Union, are only interested in keeping the money flowing to the school system. Screw the students who happen to be in it.

Do you know how most school systems are even funded?

They are funded locally usually with some amount kicked into the mix with the help of the state.

Sp realistically every town and municipality gets to decide on their budgets.

Do you honestly think Demcorats control every school district in America?

Of all the issues American face, educational funding is closer to that local control that most Republicans all claim they want than any other.

If you think your schools are failing you town's kids, get involved personally.

You as a citizen of your town have far more power than the DNC to effect changes in your local school districts, believe me.

They may not be in bankruptcy, but they have the same EXACT problems as the states mentioned before. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi (the deep south), etc. Either way, the statement made earlier was completely false.

Debate Time.

29 States Faced Total Budget Shortfall of at Least $48 Billion in 2009

well the trick will be to see which ones are capable of handling the situation and which ones have to come a begging. So far that is Ca. and Ma.

'08 Expedition, Eddie Bauer edition. 5.4 liter V8, 6 speed automatic, 4WD (2, auto, lock or low), independent rear suspension, self-leveling air suspension, 9000# towing capacity, 20" wheels, 4 wheel anti-lock disk brakes, automatic traction and rollover control, 8 passenger seating, heated and cooled front seats, leather, satellite radio, in-dash CD changer and DVD entertainment system. :funnyface:

$230 a month nothing down 20,000 mile lease! :eusa_shhh:

A Plan

I'm a Ford MAN. I buy American if it is close. Clearly you like your tax dollars to leave the USA, traitor.

Toyota has many plants in the USA. I'm all for looking out for what's best for me. If I can buy a Toyota that will last me ten or 15 years, have a 2000 Avalon right now that is pristine and never a dime spent on repairs. I'm not gonna buy an inferior Detroit product that won't last til I get it paid for. Been there done that. I saw the light.

Toyota has many plants in the USA. I'm all for looking out for what's best for me. If I can buy a Toyota that will last me ten or 15 years, have a 2000 Avalon right now that is pristine and never a dime spent on repairs. I'm not gonna buy an inferior Detroit product that won't last til I get it paid for. Been there done that. I saw the light.

You should move to Japan where you clearly think they are better than Americans and America. :clap2:

You should move to Japan where you clearly think they are better than Americans and America. :clap2:

too fucking bad you don't get the say so ain't it, puts a new twist in yer pretzel. The Japanese are clearly better car builders. Detroit should have taken note years ago.

Toyota makes a superior product too for 15.00 and hour..

it's still poverty level for a family of 3 or 4.... :(

and to think...a factory job was once considered a decent job that could advance ones status and quality of living for ones family....like sending the kids to college, so that the children could be better off than they were...the American dream was that your kids would have it better than you did, if you worked hard enough to give them that helping hand to get there!

care

and to think...a factory job was once considered a decent job that could advance ones status and quality of living for ones family....like sending the kids to college, so that the children could be better off than they were...the American dream was that your kids would have it better than you did, if you worked hard enough to give them that helping hand to get there!

care

yes it was, and it would have lasted too if Detroit had kept up with the times and build a product that was worthy of the price. It's all about competititon.

Isn't it interesting that blue/ liberal states consistently lead in the nation's ranking of states with highest level of education and standard of living?

Where does your state rank?
Arizona's education ranking = 50

(Can't post the ULR's yet - but you can easily google it)

they work hard....blue staters.....many more people, much more competition leads to better productivity...end result, pay is higher because more is produced by them...

better standard of living with hard work/long hours...higher salaries.

higher salaries leading to more expensive homes....ending in more taxes collected overall in federal and state income taxes and much more in property taxes, which PAYS for better teachers and better schools overall!

having better schools brings with it, better and smarter workers down the road, making competition even greater, leading to the same thing....better productivity...producing more per workday...

care

they work hard....blue staters.....many more people, much more competition leads to better productivity...end result, pay is higher because more is produced by them...

better standard of living with hard work/long hours...higher salaries.

higher salaries leading to more expensive homes....ending in more taxes collected overall in federal and state income taxes and much more in property taxes, which PAYS for better teachers and better schools overall!

having better schools brings with it, better and smarter workers down the road, making competition even greater, leading to the same thing....better productivity...producing more per workday...

care

Is that why the great blue state of California needs 700 billion dollars ?:lol:

care

If the parents instilled hard work to their kids, then the kids will get to college. There are many ways for kids to pay for college. Parents paying the way is not the only one.

too fucking bad you don't get the say so ain't it, puts a new twist in yer pretzel. The Japanese are clearly better car builders. Detroit should have taken note years ago.
As a former shade tree mechanic and aficionado I can attest that the American name plate vehicles that I've worked on back in the late 70's were far superior to the Japanese vehicle of that era. That's not to say that Detroit wasn't or isn't out of touch. As a Ford-only owner myself for over 30 years (OK one Chevy) I can attest that each vehicle that I have owned has been better than the one preceding it. I read Consumer Reports or Car and Driver only while at the dentist but over the years and I have found their "expert opinions" to be biased in favor of everything but American, much as the MSM is biased politically.

I have also found, however, that Japanese cars have slowly progressed to finally become more or less on-par with their American counterparts, and believe that this is most likely due to the world nature of the industry and the use of American factories by foreign countries.

Ten large down and $650/ month for 5 years including a 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. :eek:

Are you serious? You had to put $10,000 down!!!!!

I remember the last time I considered buying a car. It was the Ford Escape. They were new. I would had to put $7K down and the payments would have been $400 a month and I almost shit myself.

I said, "what are your leases like", and he was like, "Ford Taurus, nothing down for $300 a month, 3 yr lease, INCLUDING extra miles and I was like DEAL!

As a former shade tree mechanic and aficionado I can attest that the American name plate vehicles that I've worked on back in the late 70's were far superior to the Japanese vehicle of that era. That's not to say that Detroit wasn't or isn't out of touch. As a Ford-only owner myself for over 30 years (OK one Chevy) I can attest that each vehicle that I have owned has been better than the one preceding it. I read Consumer Reports or Car and Driver only while at the dentist but over the years and I have found their "expert opinions" to be biased in favor of everything but American, much as the MSM is biased politically.

I have also found, however, that Japanese cars have slowly progressed to finally become more or less on-par with their American counterparts, and believe that this is most likely due to the world nature of the industry and the use of American factories by foreign countries.

the only reason the japanese/asians won in the car market is because their innovation produced cars that were more fuel efficient....this was their niche....that american car manufacturers ignored...this gave them their way in to the american car market....detroit ignored this....for over 3 decades now...

the ''workers'' have always worked hard, those in the company that were suppose to LEAD, fell short on innovation.

Isn't it interesting that blue/ liberal states consistently lead in the nation's ranking of states with highest level of education and standard of living?

Where does your state rank?
Arizona's education ranking = 50

(Can't post the ULR's yet - but you can easily google it)

cut and paste..cut and paste...

Are you serious? You had to put $10,000 down!!!!!

I remember the last time I considered buying a car. It was the Ford Escape. They were new. I would had to put $7K down and the payments would have been $400 a month and I almost shit myself.

I said, "what are your leases like", and he was like, "Ford Taurus, nothing down for $300 a month, 3 yr lease, INCLUDING extra miles and I was like DEAL!
I didn't have to. I found it to be financially advantageous to do so and negotiate a better rate.

Forum List

Back