Why do Atheist celebrate any holiday?

Hi all!! It is your friendly non-beliver asking the question that sure to burn in your soul, Chi, or voodou doll

Why do Atheist celebrate any holidays?

They don't believe in god. They don't believe in spirits. They don't believe in anything that is not as clear as the skin on their nose! In fact they probably didn't hbelieve they have skin on their nose until after they cut it off and sent it to some lab!!

Why do the religious tolerate the non-religious celebration of their holiday? Is it not time the religious take it back from the nasty God-trashing atheist horde, or do you think it is ok to invite others to your holiday celebrations as a matter of appreciation or other!!.

Ya know.....

a very wise person once told me the following....

Lovin' the way you make decisions as to what is a religious holiday on behalf of others. That's a conservative thing. Could you please mind your own fucking business.... it may be a religious festival to you.... but you are not entitled to speak on behalf of others.

Christmas stopped being a religious holiday a long time ago.

Same with Easter.

Lovin' the way you make decisions as to what is a religious holiday on behalf of others. That's a liberal thing. Could you please mind your own fucking business.... it may not be a religious festival to you.... but you are not entitled to speak on behalf of others.

Who's speaking on behalf of others?

I'm just stating my opinion. Don't like it? Too bad.
Rightwingloons project. :lol:

well first off, i'm atheist. I celebrate hoildays because religous or not its part of the traditions and the culture I identify with.

second, I think religous people "tolerate" me because they think anyone can partake in their celebrations.

Forum List

Back