Why do Americans still call Native Americans as Indians and not American?

Well as granny told me the proper term for us us Red Skin. Then again I'm descended from holdouts that the Army and Alabama militia bypassed out of shear terror. We kind of like getting into your face.

Do you have the faintest idea of why they were called Red Skins?

Hubby said First Americans or Native Americans is what he prefers. (Yavapai Apache).

Although almost every tribal site I've accessed is okay with American Indians, I really like the First American designation. Like Canada's First Nations.

Fine, then call me a Cherokee Nation Native American..

Oh wow. I can just image it now. Your greatgrandmother married a guy who was half Irish and half Cherokee, Now that you've registered with the Cherokee Nation, you can change your avatar to
Tsalagi. Right?

Well as granny told me the proper term for us us Red Skin. Then again I'm descended from holdouts that the Army and Alabama militia bypassed out of shear terror. We kind of like getting into your face.

Do you have the faintest idea of why they were called Red Skins?

High rates of albinism. red skin was the 17th century term for sunburned. And no I am not registered with any of the three reservations since I am not Eastern Band, Old Settler or or OK Band nor of the 12 federally unrecognized bands. Horseshoe Bend, the battle my ancestors won and that kept unwanted whites out of our lands, is something everyone else would like to forget.

Hubby said First Americans or Native Americans is what he prefers. (Yavapai Apache).

Although almost every tribal site I've accessed is okay with American Indians, I really like the First American designation. Like Canada's First Nations.
NA message boards (can't put a link of the name due to policy here) call each other NDN.

Indians arent American. They didnt build this nation. They live on their own land with their own tribal laws and they dont pay taxes. They contribute basically nothing to this nation, therefore they arent Americans. Did i mention how extremely xenophobic they are too? They dont like us and they want nothing to do with us. I cant think of a more un-American group in this nation.

'They' helped us win WWII, you dope.

Indians arent American. They didnt build this nation. They live on their own land with their own tribal laws and they dont pay taxes. They contribute basically nothing to this nation, therefore they arent Americans. Did i mention how extremely xenophobic they are too? They dont like us and they want nothing to do with us. I cant think of a more un-American group in this nation.

Everyone helped in that war. What percentage of the Indian population helped? Their participation was extremely low. Besides, if you read my post, it clearly said "they BASICALLY contributed nothing", meaning their part was extremely small, in fact you might say it was ALMOST non-existant.

Everyone helped in that war. What percentage of the Indian population helped? Their participation was extremely low. Besides, if you read my post, it clearly said "they BASICALLY contributed nothing", meaning their part was extremely small, in fact you might say it was ALMOST non-existant.
Stop telling your white monkey lies.

Um....I think I will just sit on my hands.

Stop telling your white monkey lies.
I'm white. "Honky" would be a more appropriate racial slur.

Everyone helped in that war.

Not in the same way, dope.

Stop making stupid categorical statements and you won't have to spin like this.

Everyone helped in that war.

Not in the same way, dope.

Stop making stupid categorical statements and you won't have to spin like this.
Your damn right it wasnt the same. Simply talking into a radio with an obscure language isnt the same contribution as inventing the atom bomb. How many Indians gave their lives on D-Day? Again, the indian contribution to this nation was almost non existant.

The Native American people are lovely people. Many of them are born again Christians like the Crow nation. What are satanists contributing to in this country besides the rate of kidnapping, unsolved murders and lawlessness in the land of America? Clean up your own life, find an avatar that doesn't glorify the devil and stop calling yourself a god. You are a human being not a god. And Lucifer is a defeated foe. He's under my feet tonight. Get saved and he'll be under yours too!

The Native American people are lovely people. Many of them are born again Christians like the Crow nation. What are satanists contributing to in this country besides the rate of kidnapping, unsolved murders and lawlessness in the land of America? Clean up your own life, find an avatar that doesn't glorify the devil and stop calling yourself a god. You are a human being not a god. And Lucifer is a defeated foe. He's under my feet tonight. Get saved and he'll be under yours too!
There is no such thing as God.... or Satan. Get a grip man. Stop reading that book. Its clouding your judgement.

I see you are speechless! Good! Get a bible and start reading it young man! You are dangling over hell by a thread tonight and it is high time you took stock of where you are at and decided to get right with God! Romans 10:9,10 is for you!

There is no such thing as God.... or Satan. Get a grip man. Stop reading that book. Its clouding your judgement.

My grip is firm and I'm anchored on the rock of ages. Meanwhile back at the ranch your house is built on sinking sand and when the big storm comes you'll be swept away! You need to listen to me and get a bible and start reading it. You need to be saved.

First Nations is quite appropriate. Now that is apart from Metis or Inuit of course. A very respectful term for our indigenous peoples.

Forum List

Back