Why didn’t Gingrich serve in Vietnam

Doesnt really matter to me. I dont see serving in the military as the only noble thing one can do with their life.

Why didn’t Gingrich serve in Vietnam

Probably for the reasons that that douchebag Cheney didn't serve.

He was never drafted. He was exempt from duty. He did not enlist.

So you can hate him all you want, but that's the truth.

Last edited:
Many of us served and never were even near 'Nam. For a young man in the early sixties that had no money and was not sure what to do with his life, the service was an excellent option. Overseas travel, and good educational benefits. Training in trades if you had the ability and determination. I volunteered then, and would again. On base and in uniform when we stopped those ships off of Cuba. That was the only time I felt in danger when I was in.

If a person is a hawk, and was elegible for service, it is a logical question for them as to why they did not serve. Chicken hawks, like Cheney, are all too eager to send others to die for their ambitions.

Clinton?

Biden?

Obama?

Helloooooo

But they’re all pasifists and don’t want to start wars. That’s diffrent. Gingrich want to send others to war when he dosen’t go himself.

Its worse with a fat chichenhawk that says the first thing he’s gonna do is to start a war with Iran if he gets elected. A guy like Mccain you can repsect for being militaristic with his history, he’s a tough guy. But Gingrich, that fat chichenhawk as commander-in-chief, seriously. Zero understanding of military and war whatsoever.

Clinton?

Biden?

Obama?

Helloooooo

But they’re all pasifists and don’t want to start wars. That’s diffrent. Gingrich want to send others to war when he dosen’t go himself.

Its worse with a fat chichenhawk that says the first thing he’s gonna do is to start a war with Iran if he gets elected. A guy like Mccain you can repsect for being militaristic with his history, he’s a tough guy. But Gingrich, that fat chichenhawk as commander-in-chief, seriously. Zero understanding of military and war whatsoever.

They are pacifist? Your freaking joking right?

Many of us served and never were even near 'Nam. For a young man in the early sixties that had no money and was not sure what to do with his life, the service was an excellent option. Overseas travel, and good educational benefits. Training in trades if you had the ability and determination. I volunteered then, and would again. On base and in uniform when we stopped those ships off of Cuba. That was the only time I felt in danger when I was in.

If a person is a hawk, and was elegible for service, it is a logical question for them as to why they did not serve. Chicken hawks, like Cheney, are all too eager to send others to die for their ambitions.

That makes Obama and Biden Chickenhaws too right?

In 1961, Gingrich graduated from Baker High School in Columbus, Georgia. He became interested in politics during his teen years while living in Orléans, France, where he visited the site of the Battle of Verdun and learned about the sacrifices made there and the importance of political leadership.[10]

Choosing to obtain deferments granted to students and fathers, Gingrich did not enlist and was not drafted during the Vietnam War. He expressed some regret about that decision in 1985, saying, "Given everything I believe in, a large part of me thinks I should have gone over."[11]

Clinton?

Biden?

Obama?

Helloooooo

Obama Fluffers say the funniest things, once you figure out what they're saying

He was married and had a child.

No, he would not be the first fat President. Taft and Cleveland were both pretty porky.

Married with a child. No excuse. No one else got to use that excuse. Next?

Until you get the real reason, why not give him the benefit of doubt like you did with Clinton and his draft status?

No, he would not be the first fat President. Taft and Cleveland were both pretty porky.

Yes they did. Many opted out. And decided not to enlist in Johnson's disgusting police action over in Vietnam. Johnson made a fortune on the war but that's for another thread.

And Newt was never drafted.

In 1961, Gingrich graduated from Baker High School in Columbus, Georgia. He became interested in politics during his teen years while living in Orléans, France, where he visited the site of the Battle of Verdun and learned about the sacrifices made there and the importance of political leadership.[10]

Choosing to obtain deferments granted to students and fathers, Gingrich did not enlist and was not drafted during the Vietnam War. He expressed some regret about that decision in 1985, saying, "Given everything I believe in, a large part of me thinks I should have gone over."[11]

How cool of him to think of that. :doubt:

Yes they did. Many opted out. And decided not to enlist in Johnson's disgusting police action over in Vietnam. Johnson made a fortune on the war but that's for another thread.

And Newt was never drafted.

Okay, let's once again blame a single individual for our involvement in a war. The last troops left in '75, under Ford, a day before I was born. Not a partisan issue. So bullshit.

Forum List

Back