Why did the Indians agree to go to the reservations?

In 1890, what constitutes the American Army is very clear. And the US Cavalry is part of the US Army. It was the main military force on the Great Plains and in the West.

No, it was not "mostly Apaches". The US Cavalry fought the Apaches.

And no, it was not the British colonists who were expelled 100 years earlier.

And the Iroquis Nation was indeed 5 tribes. But this was not them.

The US Military, and therefore, the US Cavalry was a branch of the volunteer military service. In that respect it was just like the US Navy.

I have no doubt it doesn't interest you. Mainly because it shows you have been wrong about so many things in this thread.
so far I don't know much about it. Attributing to oneself "cavalry" is a common trick of the left, but as a rule they did not have cavalry, it seems like another such myth.

so far I don't know much about it. Attributing to oneself "cavalry" is a common trick of the left, but as a rule they did not have cavalry, it seems like another such myth.

Did not have cavalry? Both sides used cavalry extensively in the Civil War. The US Cavalry was the main military force in the west, and especially on the Great Plains.

Calling that a myth is either showing your ignorance or your ego refusing to admit you are wrong.

But please name one leftist who claimed a cavalry that was not a cavalry. You said it was a common trick, then you should haveno problem naming one..

I think your intelligence is the myth.

Did not have cavalry? Both sides used cavalry extensively in the Civil War. The US Cavalry was the main military force in the west, and especially on the Great Plains.

Calling that a myth is either showing your ignorance or your ego refusing to admit you are wrong.

But please name one leftist who claimed a cavalry that was not a cavalry. You said it was a common trick, then you should haveno problem naming one..

I think your intelligence is the myth.
I don't want to discuss it now. In general, the left are the heirs of agricultural empires who settled the peasants, they had infantry and they usually just fought with the cavalry. They had small detachments of cavalry, but they were hired barbarians and not peasants.

Everyone lies because they don't want to be remembered.

I don't want to discuss it now. In general, the left are the heirs of agricultural empires who settled the peasants, they had infantry and they usually just fought with the cavalry. They had small detachments of cavalry, but they were hired barbarians and not peasants.

Everyone lies because they don't want to be remembered.

I am sure you don't want to discuss it. Your claim that there was no cavalry in the US Military is so ridiculous it boggles the mind.

I am sure you don't want to discuss it. Your claim that there was no cavalry in the US Military is so ridiculous it boggles the mind.
It is still not entirely clear what the US army is in the context of that time

It is still not entirely clear what the US army is in the context of that time

The US Cavalry was used to pacify the Native American tribes and move them to reservations to allow white settlers to move on to their ancestral lands.

And it WAS the US Cavalry, as a branch of the US Army that accomplished this.

To further dispel your claim that there was no cavalry, here is an interesting article talking about the US Cavalry from 1865 to 1890. It says basically what I have been telling you.

" The cavalry I am about to describe is the one that existed from 1865 to 1890 and was informally known as the Plains Cavalry. Formed at the end of the Civil War in 1865, the Plains Cavalry was charged with protecting American settlers, railroaders, wagon trains, businesses, gold seekers and others from Indian attacks. The Plains Cavalry was meant to operate primarily on the western frontiers of the expanding nation. At that time almost anything west of the Mississippi River was considered the frontier. Most Americans living east of the Mississippi had no idea of the danger, deprivation or hardship encountered by those who lived on the other side of the river."

British peasant cavalry
f4d56ce13a6c6be18a8b5a882dfbbdbfe4e560df.jpeg

and these Apaches are not cavalry, because they don’t have bast shoes and they don’t go to church

indian.jpg

and these Apaches are not cavalry, because they don’t have bast shoes and they don’t go to church

indian.jpg

Bast shoes and going to church have nothing to do with whether or not they are cavalry.

And the final defeat of the Apache was when several thousand US troops captured Geronimo and the last of the free members of his tribe. This was in the 1880s.

Bast shoes and going to church have nothing to do with whether or not they are cavalry.

And the final defeat of the Apache was when several thousand US troops captured Geronimo and the last of the free members of his tribe. This was in the 1880s.
It have, because the peasant is poorly adapted to the art of the horseman, he is constantly drawn to go to church and put on bast shoes. In addition, in the British colonies there is scarce land, unsuitable for pasture and grain crops.

When Roosevelt created the Indian reservations, the Indians already had citizenship. Why did they agree to this?

As you have been shown, Roosevelt did not create the Indian reservations.

And the short answer as to why the Indians agreed to go on reservations is that the US Cavalry gave them no choice. When you are defeated you go where you are told.

It have, because the peasant is poorly adapted to the art of the horseman, he is constantly drawn to go to church and put on bast shoes. In addition, in the British colonies there is scarce land, unsuitable for pasture and grain crops.

All of which has no bearing on the topic.

As you have been shown, Roosevelt did not create the Indian reservations.

And the short answer as to why the Indians agreed to go on reservations is that the US Cavalry gave them no choice. When you are defeated you go where you are told.

What did he even do formally? What was the essence of the act? Deprive Indians of citizenship and drive them to collective farms?

What did he even do formally? What was the essence of the act? Deprive Indians of citizenship and drive them to collective farms?

I've already told you why the Indians were put on reservations. It was to protect white settlers moving west. And if the reservation land became valuable, the gov't just move the Indians again.

What Roosevelt did was offer citizenship to Native Americans without requiring they abandon allegiance to their tribe. Before Roosevelt the Native Americans were not considered American citizens. They were barely considered human, and were seen as a lower class of human. That is why the gov't would remove the children from the tribe and send them to schools to learn to be more "white".

I've already told you why the Indians were put on reservations. It was to protect white settlers moving west. And if the reservation land became valuable, the gov't just move the Indians again.

What Roosevelt did was offer citizenship to Native Americans without requiring they abandon allegiance to their tribe. Before Roosevelt the Native Americans were not considered American citizens. They were barely considered human, and were seen as a lower class of human. That is why the gov't would remove the children from the tribe and send them to schools to learn to be more "white".
you are spouting some incoherent nonsense. Once again: why did Roosevelt "reorganize" Indians-citizens of US?

Forum List

Back