Why did Reid make such stupid statements?

To distract people from the President's failure to lead this nation.

Sadly, it's working

"My warfare is, and has been for years, to get the people to understand that if they do not take care of themselves they will not be taken care of; that if we do not lay the foundation to feed and clothe and shelter ourselves we shall perish with hunger and with cold; we might also suffer in the summer season from the direct rays of the sun upon our naked and unprotected bodies - Brigham Young"

That is some crazy shit right there. All from a polygamist nutcase.

"My warfare is, and has been for years, to get the people to understand that if they do not take care of themselves they will not be taken care of; that if we do not lay the foundation to feed and clothe and shelter ourselves we shall perish with hunger and with cold; we might also suffer in the summer season from the direct rays of the sun upon our naked and unprotected bodies - Brigham Young"

That is some crazy shit right there. All from a polygamist nutcase.

Brigham wasnt nuts in the slightest. He was a very practical man. He understood people need to not expect others to do what they want for them. Instead, work with your mind and hands to support yourself, for your own food, clothing, etc. If everyone expects someone else to take care of them, nothing will ever get done.

•Unemployment is 8.3% and has been above 8% for 42 straight months!
•Underemployed is over 15%
•The price of gas – When Obama took office, a gallon of gas cost you $1.85. Today, it’s up to $3.59 per gallon (July’s rise was 17 cents a gallon).
•GDP has consistently been under 3% which is awful.
•71% of small business owners believe we’re still in a recession.
•You have to work 107 days each year just to pay Federal, State, & Local taxes – That means you don’t earn a penny until April 18th.
•More than 30% of unemployed Americans have been out of work for more than a year – In 2007, that number was 10%.
•Low income America – According to NBC News, virtually half of all Americans are considered to be “low income” or living in poverty.
•Propping up the economy by monetizing our massive debt — In 2008, the Federal Reserve bought “negligible” amounts of our debt, last year the Fed purchased 61% of the government debt issued by the Treasury Dept.
•The price of gold when Obama was inaugurated, $850 an ounce. Today, gold is over $1500.
•Billions Spent on Green Energy is just gone with no results.

It's called diversion. Changing the subject.

Due to republican lies and distortion i am going to have to ask for some proof here. He may have said all these things, but i simply cannot believe sources unless i hear it directly from the democrats mouth. Republican news has just abused trust and lied way too much, and i can no longer take it at face value anymore.

without some citations to back up your shit I have to consider it bullshit.

•The price of gas – When Obama took office, a gallon of gas cost you $1.85. Today, it’s up to $3.59 per gallon (July’s rise was 17 cents a gallon).
•You have to work 107 days each year just to pay Federal, State, & Local taxes – That means you don’t earn a penny until April 18th.
•More than 30% of unemployed Americans have been out of work for more than a year – In 2007, that number was 10%.
•Low income America – According to NBC News, virtually half of all Americans are considered to be “low income” or living in poverty.
•Propping up the economy by monetizing our massive debt — In 2008, the Federal Reserve bought “negligible” amounts of our debt, last year the Fed purchased 61% of the government debt issued by the Treasury Dept.
•The price of gold when Obama was inaugurated, $850 an ounce. Today, gold is over $1500.

Due to republican lies and distortion i am going to have to ask for some proof here. He may have said all these things, but i simply cannot believe sources unless i hear it directly from the democrats mouth. Republican news has just abused trust and lied way too much, and i can no longer take it at face value anymore.

Are you rdean's mammy?

Are you rdean's mammy?

No, I just don't trust a lot of what republicans say because they have lied and distorted so much of what is said. If they had not chased down false claims that obama said businesses did not do it themselves, or do things like misrepresent the fact Mittens was the managing director of Bain capital while it was outsourcing by claiming he wasn't doing anything important, I might give them a lot more credit.

I just simply cannot give them any credit until they prove it to me anymore. if harry reid has said these things i would really like to now, but I cannot take their words for it.

Lets see,

The Senate (ruled by Reid) passes a TAX cut for those making less than $250K. The GOP won't even consider it.

Then Senator Reid comes out and mentions that someone told him that Governor Romney did not pay TAXES for 10 years.

Anyone who denies that this is a strategy on the Democrats part is crazy.

The most craziest part of all is that it is working and will continue to work. I can see why you guys on the right are so upset. It's not all that sophisticated and it's destroying your party's candidate for President without President Obama saying a word.

Let's see.....

The House already passed a bill extending the Bush tax cuts for all........but the Senate rejected it.....and came back with the $250k bill.....

can we say class warfare......?

Lets see,

The Senate (ruled by Reid) passes a TAX cut for those making less than $250K. The GOP won't even consider it.

Then Senator Reid comes out and mentions that someone told him that Governor Romney did not pay TAXES for 10 years.

The most craziest part of all is that it is working and will continue to work. I can see why you guys on the right are so upset. It's not all that sophisticated and it's destroying your party's candidate for President without President Obama saying a word.

I don't see that this is destroying Romney. It's simply pointing out the desperate measures that team Obama is reduced to using.
Well, for 3 weeks, it has been the dominant issue in the race. And it will continue to do so. "Destroying Romney" is a bit harsh I guess; destroying his campaign...absolutely.

They can't run on anything positive that Obama has done and the previous attempts to make Romney's success a negative have failed, so they're going to try again.
As for the record of the Obama Administration, supposedly that is coming up in the not-too-distant future. There is plenty he can run on; getting us out of Iraq, killing the #1 terrorist in the world, stabilizing the US economy, the ACA. All aces.

As I stated, this is a strategy. It's working; probably better than the Obama Campaign wanted.

They would do better if their lies weren't so apparent. They can continue to try to deflect but everyone still knows that not only has Obama been an abysmal failure, he also thinks that people owe their success to government.

Speaking of apparent lies. You're BS'ing yourself on this one.

And besides, it's Harry Reid making the allegations and keeping the governor in the spotlight. It will continue to work until there is a reason for it not to work any longer. Governor Romney isn't giving the press a reason to stop writing these stories about his stonewalling on his tax record release.

Lets see,

Let's see.....

The House already passed a bill extending the Bush tax cuts for all........but the Senate rejected it.....and came back with the $250k bill.....

The Obama Administration and Campaign would say that the Bush Tax cuts need to expire to start reigning in the deficit. As for "class warfare", it strikes me as mathematics when you're talking about 1 and 2 percent tax rates.

Call it what you want, the majority of Americans and voters are in the sub $250k earning bracket. It is politics and it's working as a coordinated message about taxes and who pays what.

Lets see,

Let's see.....

The Obama Administration and Campaign would say that the Bush Tax cuts need to expire to start reigning in the deficit. As for "class warfare", it strikes me as mathematics when you're talking about 1 and 2 percent tax rates.

Call it what you want, the majority of Americans and voters are in the sub $250k earning bracket. It is politics and it's working as a coordinated message about taxes and who pays what.

Obama wants to raise taxes on small businesses and job creators.....

this is how low the Democrat party has fallen..

and you people who are Democrats should be ashamed of him...

I give just barely enough credit to professional politicians to assume that most remarks like this are calculated. Based on that, Reid had to know how far over the top he was going. Just as Rance Priebus knew that his "dirty liar" response yesterday would draw a lot of attention too.

I dunno. Maybe Reid is just falling on the sword for the party. Surely he's aware enough to know that the comments (both about the taxes and Romney's dad) were over the top.

I really, really don't like politicians. Perfect example here.

I give just barely enough credit to professional politicians to assume that most remarks like this are calculated. Based on that, Reid had to know how far over the top he was going. Just as Rance Priebus knew that his "dirty liar" response yesterday would draw a lot of attention too.

I dunno. Maybe Reid is just falling on the sword for the party. Surely he's aware enough to know that the comments (both about the taxes and Romney's dad) were over the top.

I really, really don't like politicians. Perfect example here.

Thanks to the TEA party nominating Sharon Angle in 2010, Reid has a safe seat for 4 more years. A moderate (hiss!) republican would have walked away by 5 points in Nevada over Reid but the GOP don't do moderation any longer.

So we have Reid stalling bills in the Senate and being the perfect attack vehicle for Obama otherwise.

Let's see.....

Many (if not most) small businesses are sub $250k in income and are part of that majority being held hostage by the GOP controlled house.

Many (if not most) small businesses are sub $250k in income and are part of that majority being held hostage by the GOP controlled house.

held hostage by the GOP.....? hardly.....the GOP already passed the Bill for everybody.....
....and it will result in a whole lot more jobs than the Senate version....funny how the Senate finally passed something....right before election.....:eusa_whistle:

it's time Obama treats everybody EQUALLY....and does something to HELP the economy....

Forum List

Back