Why did Comey do it?

If Comey hadn't brought this forward and there actually is something incriminating on Hillary, then he's in more trouble for suppressing evidence or not bringing it forward than if he held it back.

Let's take politics out of it.....in a regular investigation ANY evidence or even possibility of evidence must be presented until further investigation reveals importance, or not.......this just happens to be with politics and days before an election that's got everyone in an uproar

Comey Praises Brave F.B.I. Agents Who Had to Touch Anthony Weiner’s Computer - The New Yorker

James Comey, the embattled director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, presided over a special ceremony on Friday evening to commend the brave F.B.I. agents who had to touch Anthony Weiner’s computer.

In awarding the commendations to the agents, whom Comey called “the bravest men and women this country has to offer,” the F.B.I. director criticized the political uproar that he said had overshadowed “their selfless acts of heroism.”

“These agents have performed far and beyond the call of duty,” a visibly angry Comey said. “I know we’re eleven days away from an election and tensions are running high, but we shouldn’t let that subtract in any way from what these brave agents did with their own hands.”

Bullshit. Only an idiot would believe the republicans receiving that letter wouldn't immediately make it public, especially this close to an election.
Then those particular "Republicans" are responsible. Now... Who were "they"?

Comey knew it would immediately become public. That's why he sent his other letter.

On Friday night, Comey sent a peculiar and unusual memorandum to F.B.I. employees, purporting to justify his decision to write to Congress on the eve of the election. Alternately self-righteous and self-pitying, the message portrayed Comey’s decision as obligatory under the circumstances. He wrote:

Of course, we don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record. At the same time, however, given that we don’t know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails, I don’t want to create a misleading impression. In trying to strike that balance, in a brief letter and in the middle of an election season, there is significant risk of being misunderstood . . .

Comey says that he didn’t “want to create a misleading impression,” but that’s precisely what he did. He had to know that his vague letter to Congress virtually demanded elaboration from “senior government officials,” who would apply their own gloss, in the form of leaks. The responsibility for the confusion sown by these leaks, if not for the leaks themselves, belongs only to Comey. If the outcome of the Presidential election turns on Comey’s action, that’s his burden, and the nation’s, too.
James Comey’s Letter and the Problem of Leaks - The New Yorker

"Of course, we don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."
His own words explain why he did, what he did. The release to the public was done by another party. As such; they are the ones to "blame".

So he sent the letter in an attempt to cover his ass. He knew it would immediately be public, and he was under no obligation other than his self imposed obligation. What he did was opposite to everything the FBI had ever done, opposed to FBI guidelines, and opposed to every precedent. A purely political action. I agree that it was sleazy for the republicans to do what they did, but we all knew they had no integrity anyway.
I stopped reading after your second sentence... No man can know what another "will" do. None. At first you were angry about Comey making this announcement. I proved to you that he made no such announcement. Now you still want to go after Comey... Why don't you want to go after the party actually guilty of making this public?

I already said the ones who first leaked the information were wrong to do it, but only an idiot would have thought they wouldn't do that.

Prosecutorial Misconduct. Comey broke every guideline and precedent in making that announcement so close to an election without any reason to believe there is any connection to Hillary Clinton. He even said there is no reason to believe there is any connection, only that he wanted to look at what might be found

You are no bulldawg... More like a little yapping Chihuahua... Yap on this peckerbreath...

FBI revisiting Clinton emails just latest in long history of 'October Surprises'

Four days before the 1992 presidential election, the feds indicted former Reagan Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger over the Iran-Contra affair.

That was an actual indictment with actual claims of wrong doing. What Comey has done is nothing like that.

Prosecutorial Misconduct. Comey broke every guideline and precedent in making that announcement so close to an election without any reason to believe there is any connection to Hillary Clinton. He even said there is no reason to believe there is any connection, only that he wanted to look at what might be found

You are no bulldawg... More like a little yapping Chihuahua... Yap on this peckerbreath...

FBI revisiting Clinton emails just latest in long history of 'October Surprises'

Four days before the 1992 presidential election, the feds indicted former Reagan Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger over the Iran-Contra affair.

That was an actual indictment with actual claims of wrong doing. What Comey has done is nothing like that.

yap, yap, yap...

upload_2016-10-30_16-52-25.png

He knew there was zero chance that the letter would not become public.
link?

Oh thats right, your one of the resident Establ crony Dem cheerleaders. Never mind
Yep, we all know how circumspect the republican recipients of that letter are, especially considering all the misleading leaks they provided during previous investigations.

yap, yap, yap...

View attachment 95949

That's funny, and not in a sarcastic way.

link?

Oh thats right, your one of the resident Establ crony Dem cheerleaders. Never mind
Yep, we all know how circumspect the republican recipients of that letter are, especially considering all the misleading leaks they provided during previous investigations.
Dems are the same Buddy. A pox on BOTH of their houses. They merely take turns at the trough. You need to stop being a patsy for the Dems.

link?

Dems are the same Buddy. A pox on BOTH of their houses. They merely take turns at the trough. You need to stop being a patsy for the Dems.

I know my party is far from perfect, and I don't agree with everything they do, but at least it hasn't completely thrown integrity away like the right has done for so long. If it wasn't for lies and exaggeration, the right would have nothing to say. Just look at the threads started here by the right, better than 90% based on lies.

he did it because he doesn't want that crooked Pol- hiLIARy in the WH

At least that is an honest answer. More than I have expected from the right for a long time.
ummm.... I'm a Progressive you Dem Establ puppet BULLDOG :eusa_eh: I supported Bernie before he withdrew after Dem Establ Dirty Tricks

You should ask Admin if you can change your user name to BULLPUP because you're so naive :rofl:

Last edited:
link?

I know my party is far from perfect, and I don't agree with everything they do, but at least it hasn't completely thrown integrity away like the right has done for so long. If it wasn't for lies and exaggeration, the right would have nothing to say. Just look at the threads started here by the right, better than 90% based on lies.
ummm..... whatever you have to tell yourself kid BULLDOG :cuckoo: Tell us how many Banksters Obama prosecuted again :eusa_whistle:

he did it because he doesn't want that crooked Pol- hiLIARy in the WH

At least that is an honest answer. More than I have expected from the right for a long time.
ummm.... I'm a Progressive you Dem Establ puppet BULLDOG :eusa_eh: I supported Bernie before he withdrew after Dem Establ Dirty Tricks

You should ask Admin if you can change your user name to BULLPUP because you're so naive :rofl:

I know you are butt hurt because Bernie lost, but it's made you a little nuts.

Forum List

Back