Why Can't the Major Parties Produce Good Candidates? Why Can't We Elect Good Candidates?

The Democrat candidates are just fine and have plans for reform and helping the country ....
The country doesn't agree. Half of us see Biden as feeble minded and corrupt, and the Democrats' plans for reform as flatly unacceptable. Why not nominate someone who doesn't offend half the country out of the gate?

Last edited:
The country doesn't agree. Half of us see Biden as feeble minded and corrupt, and the Democrats' plans for reform as flatly unacceptable. Why not nominate someone who doesn't offend half the country out of the gate?
bs. Seventy to 80% of the country are for taxing the rich more and background checks on sales and infrastructure investment and cheaper college and training, you people are totally brainwashed with BS about transsexuals and pedophilia and Biden corruption and election fraud and vaccine fraud all of which are totally imaginary, Super Duper Anti American functional idiot.

“Why Can't the Major Parties Produce Good Candidates?”

What constitutes a ‘good’ candidate?

One voter’s ‘good’ candidate is another voter’s ‘bad’ candidate – for example, a Democratic candidate who opposes abortion bans and supports addressing human-caused climate change is perceived to be a ‘bad’ candidate by Republicans.

And the question is not solely about partisan opposition – can a Republican candidate who supports privacy rights and reproductive autonomy win in a Republican primary? Can a Democratic candidate who opposes assault weapon bans win in a Democratic primary?

Or is a ‘good’ candidate someone who is truthful, honest, and consistent in his policy advocacy regardless of his positions on the issues?

Again, there have likely been good candidates produced by both major parties – good candidates who are victims of a hyper-partisan, sharply divided political process.

bs. Seventy to 80% of the country are for taxing the rich more and background checks on sales and infrastructure investment and cheaper college and training, you people are totally brainwashed with BS about transsexuals and pedophilia and Biden corruption and election fraud and vaccine fraud all of which are totally imaginary, Super Duper Anti American functional idiot.
Get back to me when Democrats get 70%-80% of the vote.

“Why Can't the Major Parties Produce Good Candidates?”

What constitutes a ‘good’ candidate?
My primary criterium, especially regarding the Presidency, is someone who is ready, willing and able to represent the entire country, and not merely the culture warriors in their party.

My primary criterium, especially regarding the Presidency, is someone who is ready, willing and able to represent the entire country, and not merely the culture warriors in their party.
That is what you have now, too bad you're obsessed with how old he is and imaginary corruption and his poor old son that is left to him....

Can you imagine how dumb somebody would have to be to have voted for Slick Willy, Moon Beam Gore, Gay Barry, Crooked Hillary or Joe Potatohead?

Of course McCain and Romney were RINO idiots, weren't they? The two Bush RINOs were Democrat Light.
I can't name a POTUS I'd give a passing grade to. Ever. You agree? If you are smart you do.

No good person wants to be in a clusterfuck government that lost its purpose decades ago. It’s become a path for megalomaniacs and corrupt career leaches.

No good person wants to be in a clusterfuck government that lost its purpose decades ago. It’s become a path for megalomaniacs and corrupt career leaches.
Decades ago, like 40 years ago when Reagan took over and gave us total BS foreign policy, how is his pal saddam doing? OMG. And started the giveaway to the rich tax cuts and tax rates that leave us in the mess we have today. And of course he did away with the fairness doctrine so we have zombies on the right....

While the Democratic Party hasn't devolved into a socio-political cult like the GQP, it's far from attractive, that's for sure. I can't get a good bead on what the party really thinks of Biden, though it's starting to sound like they're looking for a Plan B. I don't know who would take Biden's place, even if he DID step aside. Whitmer?

Dwight D Eisenhower.
Those were the good old days, an independent thinking president on the Republicans side. Of course we had no competition in the 50s. I'll go with the Democratic presidents who as far as I am concerned were all good but have been obstructed mightily by the GOP Or Teddy Kennedy LOL. They have done better economically and haven't gotten us into stupid wars, But have been blocked since LBJ and Medicare Medicaid and good stuff living wage. Eisenhower got us into Vietnam really by the way. Unfortunately Vietnam ruined LBJ Legacy.... I think Kennedy would have gotten us out..,

Slick Willie was more conservative than Trump.
Slick Willy was a Leftest asshole but he was also political astute to know that it was smart to let the Newt and the Republicans run the economy. That saved him from being convicted at impeachment.

Decades ago, like 40 years ago when Reagan took over and gave us total BS foreign policy, how is his pal saddam doing? OMG. And started the giveaway to the rich tax cuts and tax rates that leave us in the mess we have today. And of course he did away with the fairness doctrine so we have zombies on the right....
Nice rambling non-response, fuckoHFW.

That will be when people like you change the damn channel and rejoin reality....
Here's the reality. I'm not playing your stupid fucking game. If the best sales pitch you have is "we're not as bad as the Republicans", you lose. I'm not wasting my vote on a shitty candidate just to block some other shitty candidate.

Forum List

Back