Why Bill Russell is the NBA GOAT

I compared them? Wow...

Why is it that you blob supporters are always trying to pick a fight and when there is no fight to be had... you have to try to make up something to get upset about?
Yes, you obviously compared Mikan to players today in a context-free fashion indirectly, and now you're backing down with your tail between your legs like a baby back b*tch.

I brought up George Mikan, and you critiqued him not because of what he accomplished or what he had done, but with the style of his movement. You did this despite the fact that his production made him the first gold standard in NBA. I simply pointed out how stupid that it is to do in an intelligent discussion in regards to anyone.. on anything.. and you got insecure.

Why did you throw shade at Mikan? Did he hurt ur feewings? Are you triggered? Do you need to recede to your safe space?

Yes, you obviously compared Mikan to players today in a context-free fashion indirectly, and now you're backing down with your tail between your legs like a baby back b*tch.
Please quote me comparing Mikan to anyone or scamper off like a baby back bitch.
I brought up George Mikan, and you critiqued him not because of what he accomplished or what he had done, but with the style of his movement. You did this despite the fact that his production made him the first gold standard in NBA. I simply pointed out how stupid that it is to do in an intelligent discussion in regards to anyone.. on anything.. and you got insecure.

Why did you throw shade at Mikan? Did he hurt ur feewings? Are you triggered? Do you need to recede to your safe space?
Thanks for re-enforcing the classic Trump behavior...tell a complete lie followed by personal attack.

Please quote me comparing Mikan to anyone or scamper off like a baby back bitch.
You said he moved like a "Continental Drift"... compared to who?

Obviously not compared to anyone in his era, or he wouldn't have been so successful. So, obviously, You compared him to today's player, like a simpleton. And that's fine, everyone has to learn how to consider more things when thinking throughout their lives.. just don't get mad at the messenger when you learn.
Thanks for re-enforcing the classic Trump behavior...tell a complete lie followed by personal attack.
If you masterbate to hating Donald Trump with lotion and furious masterbation using deep strokes with a poster of Trump on your ceiling wall staring deep into his smug eyes as you're clearly doing.. I can't help you. Nobody brought up Trump, you did. It's either a fetish or an obsession, and I hope the latter.

You could barely slide a credit card under his feet when he "jumped".
Did George Mikan's son give you a wedgie or something? You hold a deep, irrational hatred for the man, along with Donald trump. You probably masterbate to the two of them having sex together, and pretend that every other time each are taking the initiative and deep-throating the other until they turn around and show their open hole to be penetrated with furious penetration.

You said he moved like a "Continental Drift"... compared to who?
A stop watch...
Obviously not compared to anyone in his era, or he wouldn't have been so successful. So, obviously, You compared him to today's player, like a simpleton. And that's fine, everyone has to learn how to consider more things when thinking throughout their lives.. just don't get mad at the messenger when you learn.

If you masterbate to hating Donald Trump with lotion and furious masterbation using deep strokes with a poster of Trump on your ceiling wall staring deep into his smug eyes as you're clearly doing.. I can't help you. Nobody brought up Trump, you did. It's either a fetish or an obsession, and I hope the latter.
I think we're done.

I think we're done.
You probably are when thinking about George Mikan bent over in front of you. You're comparing people who had no training techniques, no weight lifting, no supplements, and no protein to those who have been trained their whole lives to succeed in athletics.

Are you stupid enough to not consider the differences in context here? Or are you going to continue to jack off to people you hate.

Did George Mikan's son give you a wedgie or something? You hold a deep, irrational hatred for the man, along with Donald trump. You probably masterbate to the two of them having sex together, and pretend that every other time each are taking the initiative and deep-throating the other until they turn around and show their open hole to be penetrated with furious penetration.
I don’t hate George Mikan, he seemed like a descent man and was the first NBA Star

But he is a poster boy for how bad Basketball was in the 40s and 50s. A good HS Basketball team could beat them today.

Wilt, Russell and Bob Cousy brought the game to the next level but nowhere near what Basketball was to become.

I don’t hate George Mikan, he seemed like a descent man and was the first NBA Star

But he is a poster boy for how bad Basketball was in the 40s and 50s. A good HS Basketball team could beat them today.

Wilt, Russell and Bob Cousy brought the game to the next level but nowhere near what Basketball was to become.
I doubt Mikan would start for any team in today's NBA.

Not sure about that...but it would be a contest.
Watch a HS Basketball game today.
They play above the rim, dunk, jump way in the air to snag rebounds and are incredibly fast.

The game of the 40s and 50s was two handed set shots and hook shots

How is that possible, mathematically, when the top talent is spread out between 8-14 teams, (not just 8)...

You don't make mathematical sense.

Who are you talking about

How? Enough with the dancing.. make a point.
Because it wasnt a popular sport, there wasnt much money in it and so the best athletes werent playing it. It's the same reason the US doesnt dominate soccer, or hockey. Our best athletes (by and large) dont choose those sports to play.

Depends on the HS team but he's right.

I couldn’t envision a HS Baseball team of today beating Major League teams of the 40s and early 50s with Williams, DiMaggio and Musial but a good HS Basketball team of today would beat NBA teams of that era

I couldn’t envision a HS Baseball team of today beating Major League teams of the 40s and early 50s with Williams, DiMaggio and Musial but a good HS Basketball team of today would beat NBA teams of that era
I agree. The baseball players would struggle with the pitching. Not the velocity but the off speed stuff. It’s the biggest adjustment you have to make between levels. Also baseball is a sport you can’t just put athlete other people. Being athletic helps but there are just skill requirement realities that exist that pure athleticism can't over come. Golf is similar.

Bill Russell is the GOAT of Basketball: Here's why...

- 11 NBA Championships. He won the NBA championship in 85% of the seasons he played.
- 5 MVP's
- 12 times NBA All Star
- Arguably the best defender in NBA history
- Averaged for his career 15 ppg, 22.5 rpg, 4.3 apg

The Celtics had Red Auerbach, Bob Cousey, and other good Celtics players before Russell was on the team and they never made the NBA finals. The Celtics only saw true success once Russell arrived.

More stats:
- Bill missed 4 games in 1962 and they went 0-4 (with Cousy, Sharman, and Coach Red), then he missed 5 games in 1969 and they went 0-5 (with Sam Jones, Havilicek, etc.). And those two streaks are the two largest losing streaks in the entire career of Bill Russell. The guy didn't lose much.
- When Russell retired, the Celtics went from a 48 win team to a 34 win team, even though Havlicek, and other all stars continued playing
- Russell averaged 20 rebounds per game in 10 of the 13 years he played, and once hauled in 51 rebounds.

There was no player that had more grit and will to win than Bill Russell. He kept some of the greatest players of all time from winning championships.. such as Jerry West, Wilt Chaimberlin, Elgin Baylor, and Oscar Robertson.
There are only 3 guys in that conversation and Bill isn’t one of them. MJ, Kobe or LeBron.

Because it wasnt a popular sport, there wasnt much money in it and so the best athletes werent playing it. It's the same reason the US doesnt dominate soccer, or hockey. Our best athletes (by and large) dont choose those sports to play.
So where were all the 6-9" and higher athletes playing sports? Not in football, not in baseball.

You're spit-balling here and making it up as you go along. Certainly not as many people were trying to be NBA players as in future years, but when there's only 8, 10,14 teams... you get loaded rosters as there were in the 60's.

There are only 3 guys in that conversation and Bill isn’t one of them. MJ, Kobe or LeBron.
How can you only include those? And I don't think Kobe has a claim to be in the discussion, given he only has 1 MVP along with being the scottie Pippen for 3 of his titles to Shaq.

The real Conversation invovles Wilt, Kareem, Bill Russell, Magic, Lebron, MJ, and possibly Bird

How can you only include those? And I don't think Kobe has a claim to be in the discussion, given he only has 1 MVP along with being the scottie Pippen for 3 of his titles to Shaq.

The real Conversation invovles Wilt, Kareem, Bill Russell, Magic, Lebron, MJ, and possibly Bird
You are in the vast minority in that thinking.

Forum List

Back