Why Assad Must Go – Analysis

I don't agree with what the OP posted at all

nothing new there LOL

if not Assad who then????

who???

more Arab Spring garbage?????

no way

Assad stays.....We are with Putin in this... not ISIS ,,,like Silly Sally is.

Did you have your therapy session today? Meanwhile, in all of Syria, once ISIS has been gotten rid of, are you trying to tell us that there is not one person around who is capable of running a country. The Syrians are not stupid people, so there are probably several around who can do the job. However, I get you. You like to see brutal tyrants hanging around.
Some people need a boot on their neck for their own good. This region is full of Tyrants because they are the only ones capable of keeping a lid on the ones like ISIS. They don't do this by being nice.................

There are a lot of Brutal Dictators over there......now and in the past..........For the same reason. The Ottoman Empire held the region...........They were not nice people.

The Shah of Iran was considered a Brutal Dictator..........Who suppressed his people.....yet under his rule they lived more like a Western Society..........They could go to the BEACH..............OMFG................and women could show their faces in public.....................OMFG.........................The people he was Brutal to were the ones who eventually took the place.....................Who installed RELIGIOUS RULE................and now the place sucks...........The Brutal Man kept the lid on the place.

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

Isn't it pathetic that people in that part of the world even in these modern days need a tyrant to rule them? What is wrong with them? Anyhow, many Iranians living here would tell you that they miss the Shah and would go back if the crazies weren't in power. I guess if you kept your nose clean, you had no worries about the Shah. Whatever anyone thinks about the Shah, he did bring his people into the twentieth century.

By the way, all those people fleeing the Middle East and running to Europe and perhaps eventually to the U.S. and Canada, how are they gong to adapt not have a tyrant ruling them?
Of course, ISIS-Sally is a big fan of the Tyrant Shah, because he was a US-puppet.

Listen, Little Shit, you sitting in your little room all day long collecting benefits from your country and afraid to go out because you think the police will harass you have probably never spoke to an Iranian. If you actually had, they would tell you that they miss the Shah. Can you tell us if your boyfriend or his father brought Syria into the 20th century the way that the Shah did?.

By the way, Aris, I know you have the Little Shit on Ignore, but it appears that he didn't like it that you have knowledge about this man Frangieh in Lebanon. So what does the Little Shit do because he can't restrain himself??? He posts more of his nonsense. However, I am sure that most here appreciate all the knowledge you have about the area and all the news updates you get from your friends over there. Meanwhile, the Little Shit can continue playing with his Assad blow-up doll.

Ooops, like I'm not supposed to know what is happening? Like I care if ironcross has kittens about anything. Hezbullah's token christian allowed thousands of christian to die at the hands of Assad Sr and was exiled after he tried to take control. Not a good choice for Lebanon. Not A long time friend of Assad Jr. is about to be considered. Either way Lebanon is not free from the iran/syrian axis if this happens. Why should I be happy? I want Lebanon to have a president that cares for Lebanon, not perpetuates the occupation and control of Lebanon by terrorists.

Frangieh is about the copy Assad, turning a presidency into a hereditary position. Traders by profession, the present Frangieh would be taking the office his father and uncle both held. That election was drawn out and Sr was in office when the civil war began. He was the one to "invite" the syria force into Lebanon.

and I should be happy about Jr being tapped?

The Assad kiss ass can shove his ironcross where the sun does not shine if he thinks I shouldn't speak about this. Last civil war a bloody catastrophe that Lebanon still has not healed from. Not looking forward to a repeat.

nothing new there LOL

who???

no way

Did you have your therapy session today? Meanwhile, in all of Syria, once ISIS has been gotten rid of, are you trying to tell us that there is not one person around who is capable of running a country. The Syrians are not stupid people, so there are probably several around who can do the job. However, I get you. You like to see brutal tyrants hanging around.
Some people need a boot on their neck for their own good. This region is full of Tyrants because they are the only ones capable of keeping a lid on the ones like ISIS. They don't do this by being nice.................

There are a lot of Brutal Dictators over there......now and in the past..........For the same reason. The Ottoman Empire held the region...........They were not nice people.

The Shah of Iran was considered a Brutal Dictator..........Who suppressed his people.....yet under his rule they lived more like a Western Society..........They could go to the BEACH..............OMFG................and women could show their faces in public.....................OMFG.........................The people he was Brutal to were the ones who eventually took the place.....................Who installed RELIGIOUS RULE................and now the place sucks...........The Brutal Man kept the lid on the place.

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

Isn't it pathetic that people in that part of the world even in these modern days need a tyrant to rule them? What is wrong with them? Anyhow, many Iranians living here would tell you that they miss the Shah and would go back if the crazies weren't in power. I guess if you kept your nose clean, you had no worries about the Shah. Whatever anyone thinks about the Shah, he did bring his people into the twentieth century.

By the way, all those people fleeing the Middle East and running to Europe and perhaps eventually to the U.S. and Canada, how are they gong to adapt not have a tyrant ruling them?
Of course, ISIS-Sally is a big fan of the Tyrant Shah, because he was a US-puppet.

Listen, Little Shit, you sitting in your little room all day long collecting benefits from your country and afraid to go out because you think the police will harass you have probably never spoke to an Iranian. If you actually had, they would tell you that they miss the Shah. Can you tell us if your boyfriend or his father brought Syria into the 20th century the way that the Shah did?.

By the way, Aris, I know you have the Little Shit on Ignore, but it appears that he didn't like it that you have knowledge about this man Frangieh in Lebanon. So what does the Little Shit do because he can't restrain himself??? He posts more of his nonsense. However, I am sure that most here appreciate all the knowledge you have about the area and all the news updates you get from your friends over there. Meanwhile, the Little Shit can continue playing with his Assad blow-up doll.

Half expected pbel to have weighed in considering how much palestinian blood the corrupt war lord family have on their hands. He should be objecting to Jr being considered. He only gets upset when those related to victims of palestinian kidnapping, torture and massacres respond? Obviously pbel skipped a few chapters in the civil war years and the history of the palestinians in Lebanon.

nothing new there LOL

who???

no way

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

On wings of Eagles. Sure, you have no clue what I mean. The Shah allowed US-companies to freely operate in Iran. This is why his torture prisons have not been subject to US freedom bringing.

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

Ooops, like I'm not supposed to know what is happening? Like I care if ironcross has kittens about anything. Hezbullah's token christian allowed thousands of christian to die at the hands of Assad Sr and was exiled after he tried to take control. Not a good choice for Lebanon. Not A long time friend of Assad Jr. is about to be considered. Either way Lebanon is not free from the iran/syrian axis if this happens. Why should I be happy? I want Lebanon to have a president that cares for Lebanon, not perpetuates the occupation and control of Lebanon by terrorists.

Frangieh is about the copy Assad, turning a presidency into a hereditary position. Traders by profession, the present Frangieh would be taking the office his father and uncle both held. That election was drawn out and Sr was in office when the civil war began. He was the one to "invite" the syria force into Lebanon.

The Assad kiss ass can shove his ironcross where the sun does not shine if he thinks I shouldn't speak about this. Last civil war a bloody catastrophe that Lebanon still has not healed from. Not looking forward to a repeat.

You want a Lebanon controlled by and run for the Christian Falangists, like it was before the civil war. It is understandable. But, the demographics do not make that possible anymore.

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

On wings of Eagles. Sure, you have no clue what I mean. The Shah allowed US-companies to freely operate in Iran. This is why his torture prisons have not been subject to US freedom bringing.
LOL

Like the Freedom they have today under Islamic Law..................

LOL

If that's Freedom............then you can fucking keep it...............

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

Why not be a brave little boy, Little Shit, and leave your room once in a while even though you claim the police harass you if you go out? Surely you must have some ex Iranians living around you that can tell you all about life in Iran before the Revolution. Ask the Muslims what their relatives still living in Iran have to say about life there. You can also ask them why people are still leaving that glorious Islamic Republic to live among the Infidels.

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

Why not be a brave little boy, Little Shit, and leave your room once in a while even though you claim the police harass you if you go out? Surely you must have some ex Iranians living around you that can tell you all about life in Iran before the Revolution. Ask the Muslims what their relatives still living in Iran have to say about life there. You can also ask them why people are still leaving that glorious Islamic Republic to live among the Infidels.

Is he stomping his foot and throwing his toys again?

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............

You want a Lebanon controlled by and run for the Christian Falangists, like it was before the civil war. It is understandable. But, the demographics do not make that possible anymore.

A Lebanon run by Christians would be a good thing------and was a good thing
until Islamic aggression created a civil war------now, indeed, it is TOO LATE

Now remember that this is just someone's analysis, so nobody here has to go ballistics over it. You all are free to make your own analysis.

Assad.jpg
Syria's Bashar Al-Assad. Photo by Fabio Rodrigues Pozzebom / ABr, Wikimedia Commons.

BY PUBLISHED BY THE FOREIGN POLICY RESEARCH INSTITUTE NOVEMBER 20, 2015

By Samuel Helfont*

The recent attacks in Paris have underscored the need to defeat the Islamic State and reignited debates over how to do so. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and once again we are hearing that “we may have to hold our noses”[1] and work with people like the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad. This is not a new suggestion. Since shortly after American forces began bombing the Islamic State in August 2014, there have been voices suggesting that “the U.S. should help Assad to fight ISIS, the greater evil.”[2] This argument was not strategically sound then, and the events in Paris have not made it so. Western leaders need to avoid appeasing populist demands with strategic blunders.

Proponents of supporting Assad see him as a viable partner in defeating the Islamic State. A hardnosed realist may acknowledge that Assad is unpleasant, but may still be inclined to put aside such messy moral qualms to defeat the Islamic State, which represents a critical security interest. The advantage of this approach seems obvious at first. It combines a credible fighting force on the ground with American air power. This combination has been a winning approach in the past and is generally what Western strategists prefer. The problem with this plan is not its value-free analysis, but rather that it ignores what FPRI’s James Kurth describes as the “realities of the mentalities of the localities.”

Continue reading at:

So who do you wish to replace him With?

Puppets don't make good leaders.
Every president has to be maronite, just like the PM is sunni and the speaker is shiite.

Lebanon has had too many puppets, especially syrian puppets living in the presidential palace.

It would be a near impossibility to find a maronite whos family did not have blood on their hand, if they themselves did not have. It was a very bloody civil war and too often it was literally brother against brother, clan member against clan member, clan against clan, sect against sect, etc.

Loyalties change more often than kim kadashian changes clothes.

Just being christian does not mean good any more than republican or democrat assures a good president.

If only it was even horse shoe close to that simple.

Christian and Islam was a balancing act in government but the scales tipped with the refugees and even today is it is over powered by hezbullah arms and a mixed army that does not want to take sides against their own.

Frangieh is leader of his grandfathers Marada, which has a strong pro-syrian and very bloody, cruel, corrupt, organized crime, drug and arms dealing history.
There are no saint in the political mix of Lebanon, just better and a lot worse.

Tangle of Lebanese politics make the Gordon knot look like a simple bow tie.

Now remember that this is just someone's analysis, so nobody here has to go ballistics over it. You all are free to make your own analysis.

Assad.jpg
Syria's Bashar Al-Assad. Photo by Fabio Rodrigues Pozzebom / ABr, Wikimedia Commons.

BY PUBLISHED BY THE FOREIGN POLICY RESEARCH INSTITUTE NOVEMBER 20, 2015

By Samuel Helfont*

The recent attacks in Paris have underscored the need to defeat the Islamic State and reignited debates over how to do so. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and once again we are hearing that “we may have to hold our noses”[1] and work with people like the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad. This is not a new suggestion. Since shortly after American forces began bombing the Islamic State in August 2014, there have been voices suggesting that “the U.S. should help Assad to fight ISIS, the greater evil.”[2] This argument was not strategically sound then, and the events in Paris have not made it so. Western leaders need to avoid appeasing populist demands with strategic blunders.

Proponents of supporting Assad see him as a viable partner in defeating the Islamic State. A hardnosed realist may acknowledge that Assad is unpleasant, but may still be inclined to put aside such messy moral qualms to defeat the Islamic State, which represents a critical security interest. The advantage of this approach seems obvious at first. It combines a credible fighting force on the ground with American air power. This combination has been a winning approach in the past and is generally what Western strategists prefer. The problem with this plan is not its value-free analysis, but rather that it ignores what FPRI’s James Kurth describes as the “realities of the mentalities of the localities.”

Continue reading at:

So who do you wish to replace him With?

Farouk al-Sharaa, Ahmad al-Jarba, Haytham Manna, George Sabra, Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib, Burhan Ghalioun, Michel Kilo or even Riad al-Asaad

Every president has to be maronite, just like the PM is sunni and the speaker is shiite.

Lebanon has had too many puppets, especially syrian puppets living in the presidential palace.

It would be a near impossibility to find a maronite whos family did not have blood on their hand, if they themselves did not have. It was a very bloody civil war and too often it was literally brother against brother, clan member against clan member, clan against clan, sect against sect, etc.

Just being christian does not mean good any more than republican or democrat assures a good president.

Christian and Islam was a balancing act in government but the scales tipped with the refugees and even today is it is over powered by hezbullah arms and a mixed army that does not want to take sides against their own.

Frangieh is leader of his grandfathers Marada, which has a strong pro-syrian and very bloody, cruel, corrupt, organized crime, drug and arms dealing history.
There are no saint in the political mix of Lebanon, just better and a lot worse.

I am not trying to ADVOCATE for that weird-----Maronite pres, sunni PM psychosis-----that was invented by "god-knows-who"-----I just like to pull
capt. blei's chain. It was bound to pull apart as its various weak links.----
HOWEVER------hang in there-------who knows----maybe a few viable
nations will arise from the-------ASHES----some day

I am not trying to ADVOCATE for that weird-----Maronite pres, sunni PM psychosis-----that was invented by "god-knows-who"-----I just like to pull
capt. blei's chain. It was bound to pull apart as its various weak links.----
HOWEVER------hang in there-------who knows----maybe a few viable
nations will arise from the-------ASHES----some day

The system was to assure everyone was represent and to ensure the christians would not be displace among the muslim world. 18 different faiths and sect are represented in government now. Even jews used to have a seat, but now there are not enough so they fall under the protecting of the christians, after all most of the few that have stayed have taken refuge among christian communities for safety.

nothing new there LOL

who???

no way

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............
I tend to agree with you. Most middle eastern countries with the exception of Israel and maybe one or two others have very dictatorial governments. Democratic governments like we have in the West don't really exist there. This is because these countries are controlled by a small elite super rich class. Most of the rest of the country lives in poverty with a relatively small middle class. Historical evidence strongly suggests that growing wealth of the middle class mainly encourages democracy, rather than visa versa and in middle east there just isn't much wealth in middle class.

nothing new there LOL

who???

no way

Assad Brutal.
Saddam Brutal
and so on..............
I tend to agree with you. Most middle eastern countries with the exception of Israel and maybe one or two others have very dictatorial governments. Democratic governments like we have in the West don't really exist there. This is because these countries are controlled by a small elite super rich class. Most of the rest of the country lives in poverty with a relatively small middle class. Historical evidence strongly suggests that growing wealth of the middle class mainly encourages democracy, rather than visa versa and in middle east there just isn't much wealth in middle class.

How can Israel be considered democratic when about 40% of the people they rule over don't have the vote?

Forum List

Back