Why aren't the media talking about the elderly?

casper4020322

Dec 20, 2009
Instead of focusing on people who acted in westerns the media's attention should be on the elderly citizens in this country. These ppl paid taxes, owned businesses, raised families, fought in wars and served their communities as teachers, firefighters, and every other occupation you could think of. Now they have gotten old and we as a country have forgotten about them and it's a shame. Don't think you won't get to the point one day when you can't wipe your behind after taking a shit or fry an egg or walk to the corner store. It's happening now and I know because I send people to help the ones who can't do just what I described. The only problem is, it's not worth talking about because the ones who don't have enough money to hire someone to do what they need help with are a burden and the feeling is they just need to die. Can you believe that? Or are you for that?

Last edited:
We as a country?
Don't you mean we as a people?
At the same time, one must not forget the old adage..."where you are today is the sum total of the decisions you have made so far."

Instead of focusing on people who acted in westerns the media's attention should be on the elderly citizens in this country. These ppl paid taxes, owned businesses, raised families, fought in wars and served their communities as teachers, firefighters, and every other occupation you could think of. Now they have gotten old and we as a country have forgotten about them and it's a shame. Don't think you won't get to the point one day when you can't wipe your behind after taking a shit or fry an egg or walk to the corner store. It's happening now and I know because I send people to help the ones who can't do just what I described. The only problem is, it's not worth talking about because the ones who don't have enough money to hire someone to do what they need help with are a burden and the feeling is they just need to die. Can you believe that? Or are you for that?

Your concern for the elderly is admirable. However, it's not a new subject - and has been covered by the media more than once.... perhaps, at the time, you were not so interested... maybe because you weren't getting paid to be interested.

Give it a fucking rest. You start thread after thread with some hysterical, sudden concern for old people.

Your concern for the elderly is admirable. However, it's not a new subject - and has been covered by the media more than once.... perhaps, at the time, you were not so interested... maybe because you weren't getting paid to be interested.

Last edited:

Give it a fucking rest. You start thread after thread with some hysterical, sudden concern for old people.

The fucking rest is now started! You will no longer have to read another fucking thread from me talking about the fucking elderly! Have a fucking nice life!!

Drama Queen.

Californiagirl, first of all I've worked helping the elderly for over twenty yrs and the reason I started the threads is b/c I wanted other ppl to know what I know. Had I known you would be so harsh about it, I wouldn't have done it and I won't anymore. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The Elderly are not attractive. For the Media,it's all about Dumbing our nation down. If they don't look or act like Lady Ga Ga or on some stupid Reality TV Show,the Media has no interest in them. Also,the Elderly remind the self-absorbed & phony Media hacks of death. The Elderly kind of force them to face their own mortality. Don't look to the Media for any wisdom or reality. You'll only be disappointed. Their only concern is in creating a fake fantasy world for the dumbed-down masses. It is sad but it is what it is.

Because they expect the death panels to kill them off sooner than later and so they are irrelevant.

The day they merged Entertainment News with real News was the day credible Media died. It's all about Dumbing the nation down at this point so you'll shop till you drop. They just want you to buy their products they advertise. They really do want you to believe that Charlie Sheen puking in his Hotel Room is just as important as World Peace & World Hunger. They've merged the two to make sure you get dumber.

How many tards did you see getting so upset over Conan O'Brien getting booted from NBC or who didn't win on American Idol? They acted as if the World was coming to an end over that stupid stuff. They report this stupid stuff right along with serious news stories that really do matter. Americans really are becoming dumber & dumber by the day. Reporting on the Elderly just doesn't fit in with this Media madness. It's just too much reality for the average dumb American to handle. They prefer their American Idol and Celebrity Gossip instead. Just turn them off. That's the only logical solution.

Last edited:
The day they merged Entertainment News with real News was the day credible Media died. It's all about Dumbing the nation down at this point so you'll shop till you drop. They just want you to buy their products they advertise. They really do want you to believe that Charlie Sheen puking in his Hotel Room is just as important as World Peace & World Hunger. They've merged the two to make sure you get dumber.

How many tards did you see getting so upset over Conan O'Brien getting booted from NBC or who didn't win on American Idol? They acted as if the World was coming to an end over that stupid stuff. They report this stupid stuff right along with serious news stories that really do matter. Americans really are becoming dumber & dumber by the day. Reporting on the Elderly just doesn't fit in with this Media madness. It's just too much reality for their average dumb American to handle. They prefer their American Idol and Celebrity Gossip instead. Just turn them off. That's the only logical solution.

I got spanked on here by another poster for starting threads about the elderly so I'm just going to say this and leave it alone. You are so right that the media would rather report about Lindsey Lohan or who won on American Idol than the plight of the elderly b/c it's not newsworthy. Why? Showing who won on American Idol or Survivor brings in the big bucks! Enough said.

How many tards did you see getting so upset over Conan O'Brien getting booted from NBC or who didn't win on American Idol? They acted as if the World was coming to an end over that stupid stuff. They report this stupid stuff right along with serious news stories that really do matter. Americans really are becoming dumber & dumber by the day. Reporting on the Elderly just doesn't fit in with this Media madness. It's just too much reality for their average dumb American to handle. They prefer their American Idol and Celebrity Gossip instead. Just turn them off. That's the only logical solution.

I got spanked on here by another poster for starting threads about the elderly so I'm just going to say this and leave it alone. You are so right that the media would rather report about Lindsey Lohan or who won on American Idol than the plight of the elderly b/c it's not newsworthy. Why? Showing who won on American Idol or Survivor brings in the big bucks! Enough said.

Yea everyone should see the Movie 'Idiocracy.' That's where our Media is taking America. The Movie seems to be a bit of an exaggeration but as each day goes by i'm beginning to change my mind on that. When they're obsessing over reporting on Charlie Sheen getting drunk in his Hotel Room,you know there's a problem. Man,they reported that non-story like it was Armageddon or something. Why would anyone care about another Hollywood Actor getting drunk? Is it really so important?

It's all about the merging of Entertainment with real News. They figure the dumber you are,the more you'll buy. Why report on World Hunger? Why make Americans actually think? Not as many I-Phones can be sold right after people hear about all the starving children in the World. So they get right to reporting on celebrities getting drunk instead. People really should see the Movie 'Idiocracy.' It's not as far-fetched as most would think.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back