Why are republicans so critical of government but delude themselves into thinking...

...big business isn't a threat to the poor and middle class?

1) Wall Street corruption runs rampant at the expense of the poor and middle class

2) Corporare profits and worker productivity are at all time highs yet wages remain mostly stagnant in the lower classes and are way behind on inflation.

3) Corporations, under Orange Clown deregulation, are free to dump their waste into our bodies of water and in case you republicans are too stupid to know this, we get our drinking water from those bodies of water.

4) Corporate welfare is absolutely out of control. Oil subsidies specifically cost more to tax payers per year than food stamps does.

5) Automation is inevitable to our economy.

6) Oh and guess what republicans? Illegal immigrants stay here because private businesses give them jobs. Idiots.

Wall street threw all of is money behind Hillary.

Corporations are not allowed to "dump waste" into bodies of water because of Trump "deregulation". More idiotic fear mongering by left wing trolls.

"Automation is inevitable to our economy". Wow, taken straight out of the Democrat talking points. Just because Trump is bringing manufacturing jobs back the states, you all just repeat this line over and over as if we're all supposed to just throw up our hands and say, "oh well, the jobs are gone forever". If the manufacturing jobs are all going to "automated" anyway, why are they going overseas then? Are robots paid higher wages here in the US?

Illegal immigrants were here because private businesses were allowed to hire them, and illegals were allowed to stay here working, while law enforcement turned a blind eye to it. If we crack down on both, then those jobs return to citizens.

Walmart has competition. Target being one of them. I cannot remember the last time I stepped into a Walmart. I am sure you do not patronize them either! How will you go about " breaking up" Walmart?

My wife and I never go to Walmart because of the lines and there is nothing that they sell that we particularly want. Groceries we go to a regular grocery store since they have a better selection. Electronics we go to Best Buy because of Geak Squad. For music and movies we buy digital copies.

Their are certain things that only big business can do. Things that need to be mass produced to keep cost down etc. Their are things that only a small business can do mainly speciality things and personalized services.

The reason many big corporations pay low wages is really for two main reasons:

Any one can do the job in many cases. These are in many cases like Walmart and McDonald's etc jobs meant for teenagers.

Also why pay someone a living wage when the employee can go on welfare and the tax payers can make up the cost.
Should fine any company who has employees collecting welfare. Force them to compete with government and pay enough so that they don't have to collect welfare to live.

How about if we just stop paying people welfare? When did corporations become responsible for funding government programs?
Some people need welfare to survive. If we don't care about their survival you'd be right.
I got a nephew dropped out of high school. He can't hold down a job because he's dumb. Does that mean he should die? Without handouts from family members he probably would. Not everyone has family to support them. Should the dumb die so we don't have to support them?

Walmart has competition. Target being one of them. I cannot remember the last time I stepped into a Walmart. I am sure you do not patronize them either! How will you go about " breaking up" Walmart?

My wife and I never go to Walmart because of the lines and there is nothing that they sell that we particularly want. Groceries we go to a regular grocery store since they have a better selection. Electronics we go to Best Buy because of Geak Squad. For music and movies we buy digital copies.

Their are certain things that only big business can do. Things that need to be mass produced to keep cost down etc. Their are things that only a small business can do mainly speciality things and personalized services.

Any one can do the job in many cases. These are in many cases like Walmart and McDonald's etc jobs meant for teenagers.

Also why pay someone a living wage when the employee can go on welfare and the tax payers can make up the cost.
Should fine any company who has employees collecting welfare. Force them to compete with government and pay enough so that they don't have to collect welfare to live.

How about if we just stop paying people welfare? When did corporations become responsible for funding government programs?
Some people need welfare to survive. If we don't care about their survival you'd be right.
I got a nephew dropped out of high school. He can't hold down a job because he's dumb. Does that mean he should die? Without handouts from family members he probably would. Not everyone has family to support them. Should the dumb die so we don't have to support them?
What you don't seem to get is that a need on your part doesn't imply an obligation on my part. The fact that you lost your job doesn't mean I'm obligated to pay your bills.

Is he medically retarded or just lazy?

Being dumb can mean many things but suffering from retardation is a whole different story.

Now if he is lazy then no he does not deserve welfare and should either learn a trade, join the military or head to prison because that is where he will end up at sooner or later with or without welfare because the prison system is filled with mostly dumb people.

So taking care of those that have mental retardation is one thing but rewarding someone because they are lazy is another thing and should not be tolerated.

When I say this first know I have a 50 something year old brother you lives with our 84 year old mother who still does everything for him.

I have zero problems with caring for those who can't help themselves, but I have a huge problem with taking care of the people who have nothing actually wrong with them.

My wife works 10 hours a day sometimes 6 days a week. I work evenings and take care of our daughter during the day. We send her to preschool and will be sending her to private school because our public schools here are over crowded. Not bad (actually they are good) just over crowded.

Sorry my wife and I work too damn hard and have far more important things to spend money on to care for the lazy.

What you don't seem to get is that a need on your part doesn't imply an obligation on my part. The fact that you lost your job doesn't mean I'm obligated to pay your bills.
So he should die.

Is he medically retarded or just lazy?

Being dumb can mean many things but suffering from retardation is a whole different story.

Now if he is lazy then no he does not deserve welfare and should either learn a trade, join the military or head to prison because that is where he will end up at sooner or later with or without welfare because the prison system is filled with mostly dumb people.

So taking care of those that have mental retardation is one thing but rewarding someone because they are lazy is another thing and should not be tolerated.
He's a hard worker. He's dumb. He had a good job, for him, pushing carts for a living at Walmart. He quit 3 times and they kept hiring him back. The first time he quit was because his coworkers purposely called in sick to force him to work rush alone. He actually thought he could make management fix his coworkers by quitting. He gives up when faced with any complication. He will not think for himself, or when he does he has an anxiety attack and quits. Telling him what to do works but you have to tell him what to do every time. He doesn't remember from previous times. I would kick his ass if it would straighten him out but it would have an adverse effect on him. When pushed too hard he threatens suicide.

So he should die.

You're free to help him any way you want to.

Forum List

Back