The GOP only pretends to care about government spending. They are trying to give themselves 8k per year raises.

Lol it must bother you just a tad how you make shit up on the spot. Attract better people. You literally came up with that just now lol. You just looked for new reasons to dispute my points. That’s all it is.

Actually Billy, it's been well thought out.

Our congressmen are not very good. In fact a lot of them are downright stupid.

You just can't take alternate points of view that might disqualify your rantings.

Of course, you being a critical thinker :lol: :lol: :lol: , would never think of something like that.

You can't address the POV's so you simply try to dismiss them. And fail.

or...as we now call it....CTF

Hmmm. My understanding of the 27th Amendment is that Congress cannot give themselves a pay raise unless it takes effect after the next election. So I don't understand how they can give themselves a raise effective in 2024.

Nevertheless, a 2.4% raise in 15 years is not asking too much. Their last raise was in 2009.

Ooops.

Hey Billy.....one of the better posters on the board (someone who, as near as I can tell, is pretty thoughtful) just backed me up. Remember $2.35 per million of 2022 deficit.

Hmmm. My understanding of the 27th Amendment is that Congress cannot give themselves a pay raise unless it takes effect after the next election. So I don't understand how they can give themselves a raise effective in 2024.

Nevertheless, a 2.4% raise in 15 years is not asking too much. Their last raise was in 2009.

Billy000 apparently rejects the idea that we could find some better people for congress.

A congressman has to maintain two residences. Real estate in the DC area is among the highest in the country.

While most of Congress are millionaires, many of them are not. The top ten percent of Congress has more wealth than the bottom 90 percent.

The ones who are millionaires acquired that wealth over a long period of time while in office. The freshmen are cash poor.

A low salary makes someone vulnerable to bribery. We already have a massive amount of bribery in the form of campaign donations and Super PACs.

The re-election rate of House members has been hovering around 98 percent for the past half century. For the Senate, it's about 80 percent. You can thank the campaign cash advantage incumbents have over challengers for that.

Even moreso, you can thank the concentration of power at the federal level which incentivizes these bribes by special interests who want to capture that power.

What we badly need is to decentralize that power.

So an $8,000 salary bump is not going to move the needle toward or away from good government at all.

Ooops.

Hey Billy.....one of the better posters on the board (someone who, as near as I can tell, is pretty thoughtful) just backed me up. Remember $2.35 per million of 2022 deficit.
Well the point means jack shit because the same people pushing for this are millionaires. If their salary was all they had in terms of wealth, that would make more sense. They obviously obtain wealth in other ways. They are millionaires for a reason.

A low salary makes someone vulnerable to bribery.

Or makes the "grey" perks that they are offered more attractive.

Which means that companies can get more influence with someone like that than they can with others.

Unfair influence.

Well the point means jack shit because the same people pushing for this are millionaires. If their salary was all they had in terms of wealth, that would make more sense. They obviously obtain wealth in other ways. They are millionaires for a reason.

You have no connection whatsoever.

You are pathetic.

You started this by saying these guys only want to enrich themselves.

You just killed your point.

Let me spell out the obvious for you: those republicans publicly whine about needing cuts to government spending but also want to enrich themselves with government spending.
"Enrich themselves"....that is your quote BillyBong......

Then you say:

If their salary was all they had in terms of wealth, that would make more sense. They obviously obtain wealth in other ways. They are millionaires for a reason.

Which is it BillyBong ????

lol so how did I kill my point?
Let me spell out the obvious for you: those republicans publicly whine about needing cuts to government spending but also want to enrich themselves with government spending.

Then you say:

If their salary was all they had in terms of wealth, that would make more sense. They obviously obtain wealth in other ways. They are millionaires for a reason.

Then you say:

Do you not understand what the word enrich means? It means getting more money. That’s what they were trying to do either way lol.

That raise would go to the Democrats in Congress as well as the Republicans. I have no doubt the Democrats will do some virtue signaling bitching about but still vote for it and take the money without a second thought.

Is anyone still actually under the impression they care about “fiscal responsibility”?

Oh and some of the programs they are trying to cut otherwise benefit the poor and middle class.

Would you have even posted this if it were democrats doing this? Probably not...

lol you just knee jerk argue with anything I say because you’re absolutely desperate. But I get it, you also knee jerk defend republicans.

I hate to break it to you but they don’t give a flying fuck about tou.
Neither side cares about anyone, except their rich corporations, who they serve. The two parties are not for the average American citizen and haven’t been, they just pay us all lip service and pat us on the head and we are all good with that. It is sickening how people actually think the two parties really care about us hard working Americans.

Is anyone still actually under the impression they care about “fiscal responsibility”?

Oh and some of the programs they are trying to cut otherwise benefit the poor and middle class.

That’s about a 4% raise. A bit high.

First increase they've had in 15 years and it doesn't even keep up with last years inflation. Cry me a fucking river.

They're already making a six-figure income, with full benefits (their healthcare premiums are mostly covered by the federal government). American Republicans, especially the Evangelical types, have a deep-seated hatred for the poor, believing people are poor due to a lack of faith in God or being lazy and making bad decisions in life. They have contempt for the poor and working class, loving and worshiping the rich and their money. Mammon is the god of the Republicans, especially the religious Republicans, who think they're disciples of Jesus Christ. Fake rebellious Christians.

Give me an example of a poor person that made great decisions all their life.

Give me an example of a poor person that made great decisions all their life.

What's the point? Do you think the wealthy elites have their status and power due to only making good decisions? A considerable number of them are sociopaths, if not psycho. They have to step on a lot of people to get to the top of the food chain and once they're in that privileged position, they have to destroy a lot more people to remain there. Many of them were born into wealth (rich daddy) or at least upper-middle class (raised in a household with a six-figure income). It's much easier to not be poor, and succeed financially, having a good-paying career or job when you were raised by well-educated parents who were financially successful and had high-paying careers.

Over half of America is living paycheck to paycheck, hand to mouth. The average Joe American is one or two paychecks away from Skidrow. They're the ones producing the goods and services that you as a Social Security recipient, purchase with your income. They're your children and grandchildren. If you say "Those aren't my children", I ask why? Were you successful financially? How and where were they raised? Did they have access to plenty of resources and a good upbringing? Good schools? A good role model to follow in their parents? Did you insist they get good grades in school? Did you contribute financially to their success? You'd be surprised, how many people didn't have that growing up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back