Why are republicans so critical of government but delude themselves into thinking...

The problem for lefties is that they live in a world full of cliches and in their profound ignorance they believe them. Republicans don't hate government. They want to drain the swamp and make it better.

The problem for lefties is that they live in a world full of cliches

drain the swamp

Unintended irony is always the most comical.

I can tell you why.

Because they are uneducated simpletons with no desire to learn anything.

He must gain the support of the docile and gullible, who have no strong convictions of their own but are ready to accept a ready-made system of values if it is only drummed into their ears sufficiently loudly and frequently. It will be those whose vague and imperfectly formed ideas are easily swayed and whose passions and emotions are readily aroused who will swell the ranks of the totalitarian party.

Friedrich A. Hayek

Walmart has competition. Target being one of them. I cannot remember the last time I stepped into a Walmart. I am sure you do not patronize them either! How will you go about " breaking up" Walmart?

My wife and I never go to Walmart because of the lines and there is nothing that they sell that we particularly want. Groceries we go to a regular grocery store since they have a better selection. Electronics we go to Best Buy because of Geak Squad. For music and movies we buy digital copies.

Their are certain things that only big business can do. Things that need to be mass produced to keep cost down etc. Their are things that only a small business can do mainly speciality things and personalized services.

The reason many big corporations pay low wages is really for two main reasons:

Any one can do the job in many cases. These are in many cases like Walmart and McDonald's etc jobs meant for teenagers.

Also why pay someone a living wage when the employee can go on welfare and the tax payers can make up the cost.

...big business isn't a threat to the poor and middle class?

1) Wall Street corruption runs rampant at the expense of the poor and middle class

2) Corporare profits and worker productivity are at all time highs yet wages remain mostly stagnant in the lower classes and are way behind on inflation.

3) Corporations, under Orange Clown deregulation, are free to dump their waste into our bodies of water and in case you republicans are too stupid to know this, we get our drinking water from those bodies of water.

4) Corporate welfare is absolutely out of control. Oil subsidies specifically cost more to tax payers per year than food stamps does.

5) Automation is inevitable to our economy.

6) Oh and guess what republicans? Illegal immigrants stay here because private businesses give them jobs. Idiots.

1. Wrong, stupidly wrong.
2. So?
3. Again, stupidly wrong.
4. Yeah so why was it ok during the 0bama administration?
5. So?
6. And that needs to stop, idiot.

That was an exceedingly stupid OP, even by your standards.

1) Wall Street corruption runs rampant at the expense of the poor and middle class

2) Corporare profits and worker productivity are at all time highs yet wages remain mostly stagnant in the lower classes and are way behind on inflation.

3) Corporations, under Orange Clown deregulation, are free to dump their waste into our bodies of water and in case you republicans are too stupid to know this, we get our drinking water from those bodies of water.

4) Corporate welfare is absolutely out of control. Oil subsidies specifically cost more to tax payers per year than food stamps does.

6) Oh and guess what republicans? Illegal immigrants stay here because private businesses give them jobs. Idiots.
What will ewe replace corporations with?
I'm not suggesting that. They just need better regulation. Much better.

So you want to regulate them out of business... Like the textile industry and coal mines?

I can tell you why.

Because they are uneducated simpletons with no desire to learn anything.

He must gain the support of the docile and gullible, who have no strong convictions of their own but are ready to accept a ready-made system of values if it is only drummed into their ears sufficiently loudly and frequently. It will be those whose vague and imperfectly formed ideas are easily swayed and whose passions and emotions are readily aroused who will swell the ranks of the totalitarian party.

Friedrich A. Hayek

Still babbling on a tangent , why?

You're talking about something that has become impossible in today's economy. There is mass shortage of decent paying jobs. That inevitably leaves millions in poverty. For instance, in 2014, 1 million people competed for 50,000 McDonald's jobs.

There are plenty of well paying jobs, but we have told kids that they are crap jobs.

A few of my wife's cousins make a killing in construction and have you ever had to call a maintenance man? It is 150 bucks for 15 minutes of work depending on the type.

What will ewe replace corporations with?
I'm not suggesting that. They just need better regulation. Much better.
Better regulation or less buttering of our elected Representatives?

billy outside of no 3....what did obama and your precious party do about any of this?...

billy outside of no 3....what did obama and your precious party do about any of this?...
Dodd Frank. Attempting to raise the minimum wage. Obama deported more illegals than any president before him.

:link::link::link:

Dodd Frank. Attempting to raise the minimum wage. Obama deported more illegals than any president before him.
attempting to raise the min wage was started by many long before he got there.....and he deported many yea,how many came back in?.....you have to plug the leak before you start bailing water....

Most conservatives are fully aware of the issue.

And continually ask why the left wants such a big government to prop up large coprorations....because that is just what happens.

But you clamor for even more regulation and involvement at the federal level....just what big business wants...they own the government.

Walmart has competition. Target being one of them. I cannot remember the last time I stepped into a Walmart. I am sure you do not patronize them either! How will you go about " breaking up" Walmart?

My wife and I never go to Walmart because of the lines and there is nothing that they sell that we particularly want. Groceries we go to a regular grocery store since they have a better selection. Electronics we go to Best Buy because of Geak Squad. For music and movies we buy digital copies.

Their are certain things that only big business can do. Things that need to be mass produced to keep cost down etc. Their are things that only a small business can do mainly speciality things and personalized services.

Any one can do the job in many cases. These are in many cases like Walmart and McDonald's etc jobs meant for teenagers.

Also why pay someone a living wage when the employee can go on welfare and the tax payers can make up the cost.
Should fine any company who has employees collecting welfare. Force them to compete with government and pay enough so that they don't have to collect welfare to live.

Because we realize that it's only by limiting government power that big business can be checked. The more regulation government enacts the more expensive costs get ensuring that big business is the only business that survives. Why do you think big business is always in bed with government?
Do you have anything to back this up? Seems very wrong to me.

Should fine any company who has employees collecting welfare. Force them to compete with government and pay enough so that they don't have to collect welfare to live.

The only way that would work is for their full time employees. So all they would have to do is knock down everyone to part time who they would have gotten a fine for.

How about if we just stop paying people welfare? When did corporations become responsible for funding government programs?

How about if we just stop paying people welfare? When did corporations become responsible for funding government programs?

That is exactly what I have been saying for years.

When I lost my job 3 years ago I had to go on unemployment and food stamps to get by. Let me tell you it was very hard to get back to work since why should I? I was making in many cases more off the government than I would off of working. Thank God my wife bitched at me after 2 weeks.

I have worked at places with a lot of welfare recipients. All of them when asked to stay after their shift to work a few more hours said no because they make more money off the government than they do work and that they work just enough to keep themselves eligible for welfare.

I am not saying that is every person on welfare I am saying there is a good chunk

Forum List

Back