Why are Republicans desperate to have a billionaire "elite" to run their lives?

Like you work.
That's it? That's all you got for a response?...
We win.

Yea, you "won" all right. You get the booby prize. Oh wait, you ARE the booby prize. My bad.

Did you hear Romney admit what most of these silver spoon righties won't admit? He said if you are having trouble, go borrow the money from your parents. He doesn't realize that a lot of us are taking care of our parents. All these righties probably have parents who worked for Unions and have good pensions and healthcare. So they probably got a co signer for that small business loan. Or college was paid for. Or whatever.

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.

Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.

The federal budget sent to Congress last month by Mr. Obama, projects the National Debt will continue to rise as far as the eye can see. The budget shows the Debt hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5 trillion in 2013 and $25.9 trillion in 2022.

Federal budget records show the National Debt once topped 121% of GDP at the end of World War II. The Debt that year, 1946, was, by today's standards, a mere $270 billion dollars.

Mr. Obama doesn't mention the National Debt much, though he does want to be seen trying to reduce the annual budget deficit, though it's topped a trillion dollars for four years now.

Wow....I guess you say your college education just got spent bailing out GM.

That or paying for Solyndra.....hows all that green energy working out for you ?

Class envy is all this is. It's sickening. Because a person is successful financially, he's considered an elitist. News flash - All of our Presidents in the last 30 years have been wealthy. To finance a campaign for Presidency, it takes a lot of money. You can't be poor and be the President in our time. How rich is President Obama? How do you not consider him an elitist. I'm sure he made quite a few million releasing that book.

This decision should never come down to how much a person is worth, it should be about who is better for our country. I will never understand how anyone believes Barack Obama is good for our nation as a whole. What policies, what actions? Please do not call me racist, I dislike the policies of our current POTUS, not him in general, nor his race.

I really want to know. They defend someone who says he likes to fire people. They want leaders who promise to throw grandma under the bus and slash education. What is the goal? To "undiscover" fire? Cause it sure seems that way.

The fact that you think the POTUS is someone who should "run your life" is such a liberal way of viewing the executive branch. :(

romney-elevator-boy.jpg

Car-Elevator-TQJ-JXW-.jpg

Darth Elevator: Mitt Romney Says Yes To Car Elevator, No To Elevator For Disabled | Mediaite

I really want to know. They defend someone who says he likes to fire people. They want leaders who promise to throw grandma under the bus and slash education. What is the goal? To "undiscover" fire? Cause it sure seems that way.

They defend someone who says he likes to fire people.

Typical left wing BS...

We all know what Romney said and what he meant about firing people who were hired to provide a service and when they failed their services were no longer needed.

The left wants to mislead people and a good number of Democrats believe what ever MSNBC
and the like throw up on the screen like on the ED Schultz show.

If that's what he meant, then that's what he should have said.

let's put it in context. He was in a room full of his fellow rich douchebags. And he blurted out that he likes to use his money to push people around.

Now, let's play pretend that he was merely talking about insurance providers and not just getting off in his magic underpants at the thought of being able to fire people like he did at AmPad, DDi, GS Steel and anywhere else where people who work for a living were standing between him and a bag full of money.

Most of us who get insurance don't have the option of "firing" our insurance carrier. We get it through our employers, and we hope that we don't get so sick that our insurance companies tell our employers to fire us (illegal, but it still happens. It happened to me.)

come on folks, we know we should have the Poor Millionaire in the white house now run our lives instead of the one who is a richer Millionaire..

sheeesh what's wrong with you people

They defend someone who says he likes to fire people.

Typical left wing BS...

We all know what Romney said and what he meant about firing people who were hired to provide a service and when they failed their services were no longer needed.

The left wants to mislead people and a good number of Democrats believe what ever MSNBC
and the like throw up on the screen like on the ED Schultz show.

If that's what he meant, then that's what he should have said.

let's put it in context. He was in a room full of his fellow rich douchebags. And he blurted out that he likes to use his money to push people around.

Now, let's play pretend that he was merely talking about insurance providers and not just getting off in his magic underpants at the thought of being able to fire people like he did at AmPad, DDi, GS Steel and anywhere else where people who work for a living were standing between him and a bag full of money.

Most of us who get insurance don't have the option of "firing" our insurance carrier. We get it through our employers, and we hope that we don't get so sick that our insurance companies tell our employers to fire us (illegal, but it still happens. It happened to me.)

"rich doucehbags" - what you would like to be but can't figure out how.

Most of us want our children to do better than ourselves. In my case, I wanted to effect a true class change for my children. One can do that but not necessarily for one's self. But to do that you have to be able to move about with ease amongst the upper classes. That is what my education taught me to do. Nurses have to work with the very poor AND the very rich. And we become friends with the very rich. I'm still 'just a nurse.' But my children have moved up several notches because of the advantages I worked to give them.

You stupid fucks don't know anything about money except getting an allowance and spending it.

"rich doucehbags" - what you would like to be but can't figure out how.

Most of us want our children to do better than ourselves. In my case, I wanted to effect a true class change for my children. One can do that but not necessarily for one's self. But to do that you have to be able to move about with ease amongst the upper classes. That is what my education taught me to do. Nurses have to work with the very poor AND the very rich. And we become friends with the very rich. I'm still 'just a nurse.' But my children have moved up several notches because of the advantages I worked to give them.

You stupid fucks don't know anything about money except getting an allowance and spending it.

Yawn... that's the best you got?

Frankly, I often think what I would do if I ever became rich, and "putting a bunch of people out of jobs" like Mitt Romney did isn't one of them.

I've had to fire people- both people who I supervised and vendors I've done business with. I've never "liked" to do it. Someone boasting how he "likes to be able" to do that is kind of telling that there is a level of douchebaggery that separates Romney from normal people.

I think the worship of wealth, which Jesus had more than a few bad things to say about, "Christians", is a large part of the problem in this country.

I've known rich people, too. Most of them are kind of dull, and really no better and in some cases worse than good honest folks who just earn an honest living.

And for what it's worth, I have an ADA protected disability. I have a parking sticker - the whole nine yards. No wheelchair thought and I'm just not ready for the scooter in Wally World. I am also a nurse, and I've pushed a fair number of wheel chairs too. I have patients who have those little scooters, several of them.

As things stand, I see nothing wrong with elevators. They could stand to be a little larger, but I don't see having every business in America spend billions of dollars to expand an elevator 8 inches. And if health care people would teach their patients how to maneuver a wheelchair or scooter there would be no problem. They don't know how to wheel around and back into an elevator because no one taught them, so they go in facing the back wall. Also, those people on the little scooters don't have a clue how to back into my fairly small office. They leave them in the hall and walk in to the chair. All that is needed is to teach people how to maneuver. And someone is remiss for not doing that.

Last edited:

So we just need to get all those folks into bentleys, and they'll be fine.

Don't you realize we'll all be in Bentleys if Romney's president. No, Really.

Just change your handle to 'green with envy.'

The problem isn't with "envy"...

I kind of feel bad for Romney. It kind of seems he has an empty hole in his soul that all the money in the world can't fill, so now he wants power.

Except that requires actually trying to relate to the kind of people he's shown contempt for his entire life.

Like when he made the comment about whether they got the cookies from the 7-11, those peasents!

The government is full of million and billionaires why is it that democrats want those million and billionaires running their lives?:eusa_whistle:

So we just need to get all those folks into bentleys, and they'll be fine.

Don't you realize we'll all be in Bentleys if Romney's president. No, Really.

Just change your handle to 'green with envy.'

The problem isn't with "envy"...

I kind of feel bad for Romney. It kind of seems he has an empty hole in his soul that all the money in the world can't fill, so now he wants power.

Except that requires actually trying to relate to the kind of people he's shown contempt for his entire life.

Like when he made the comment about whether they got the cookies from the 7-11, those peasents!

Well now aren't you just a

dramaqueen1.jpg

Duly noted you didn't have an answer.

I mean, I can totally understand. You've bought into Romney because you hate Obama so bad, not because you really like Romney.

Too bad you didn't pick better, but it wasn't like I didn't warn you in advance.

That's it? That's all you got for a response?...
We win.

Yea, you "won" all right. You get the booby prize. Oh wait, you ARE the booby prize. My bad.

Did you hear Romney admit what most of these silver spoon righties won't admit? He said if you are having trouble, go borrow the money from your parents. He doesn't realize that a lot of us are taking care of our parents. All these righties probably have parents who worked for Unions and have good pensions and healthcare. So they probably got a co signer for that small business loan. Or college was paid for. Or whatever.

Bobo you look like you are whining.....the Bobo who used to be here a couple years back.....was just as left as you are now......but never let himself look like he is whining.....Dean dont have to worry about you dethroning him as King of Far Leftovis.....Dean might cry.....but he dont whine......your sounding more and more like a "tangy" kind of "guy" Bo....

They think they're going to get something out of it.

Forum List

Back