Why are Republicans being blamed for this shutdown?

You are the ones who HELD (past tense) this government hostage for this healthcare bill of yours. :p

Next.

Obamacare was "Already Passed". It's law, it's a done deal, it starts today! It's over! How the heck do democrats hold the nation hostage for a law that's already in effect, that's already passed????

If a clean CR bill was put through congress, the democrats would sign in a heartbeat. It's the GOP that's putting this "delay ACA" crap on the table.

What do you mean "why are the republicans being blamed?" They're the ones holding jobs hostage in exchange for sabotaging Obamacare

You are the ones who HELD (past tense) this government hostage for this healthcare bill of yours. :p

Next.

We're talking "present tense" bud. You pubs hold the house and are the ones failing the nation right now. :cool:

Next.
Two compromise bills sent to the Senate. Both rejected.

You fucking own it.

You fucking own it.

Three bills funding the government sent to the house, all three rejected. The democrats didn't even include the "delay tax cuts for the wealthy" part.

Next.
Obamacare was "Already Passed". It's law, it's a done deal, it starts today! It's over! How the heck do democrats hold the nation hostage for a law that's already in effect, that's already passed????

If a clean CR bill was put through congress, the democrats would sign in a heartbeat. It's the GOP that's putting this "delay ACA" crap on the table.
A clean CR bill was put to the Senate.

The Democrats own this bitch; lock, stock, and barrel.

If you really thought it was law, set in stone, then you'd be screaming at the top of your lungs about Obama handing out waivers left and left.....

Pull up your pants. Your hypocrisy is showing.

The GOP is to blame for this shutdown, and will see the effects of what the American Citizen thinks of it in 2014, and again, in 2016. This is a bit more than the 40 or so meaningless votes that you Teabaggers have done on the ACA in the House.

You fucking own it.
Three bills funding the government sent to the house, all three rejected. The democrats didn't even include the "delay tax cuts for the wealthy" part.
What are we up to? 50, 55 bills the House has sent to the Senate?

Why aren't the Democrats in Conference working on a compromise?

Why?

You own this mother....face it.

The GOP is to blame for this shutdown, and will see the effects of what the American Citizen thinks of it in 2014, and again, in 2016. This is a bit more than the 40 or so meaningless votes that you Teabaggers have done on the ACA in the House.
Not this time. I've even seen a few anchors at CNN say that there is plenty of blame to go around. Tantamount to admitting that the Dems are as much to blame.

The GOP looks to be fighting back and getting the word out.

The Dems are owning this.

The history of government shut downs is irrelevant.

The right has framed this debate entirely on Obamacare, betting everything on people agreeing with the party line fear of Obamacare being the single most important issue in the country.

People are blaming republicans because they've owned it already. Republicans have made it clear that destroying Obamacare is more important than the government continuing to function.

It is relevant Doc!

Where have you been the past 37 years? Is a "law" more important than funding the government? It appears this question applies to both sides, not just Republicans.

Incorrect.

This is a GOP government shutdown because the Senate sent the House a clean CR, and it’s republicans who want to clutter the CR with irrelevant nonsense concerning the ACA, Federal law in place for three years.

House republicans are at liberty to revisit the Act after the government is funded if they so desire.

Let's reiterate the law part. This isn't a bill despite the GOP's attempt to paint it any other way. If Democrats had done this to ANY legislation passed by GOP legislators and signed by a GOP President, the righties would be apoplectic. Rush Limpdick would be screaming for Pelosi's head.

The Tea Baggers wanted this shutdown and now they own it. So interesting that the "party of responsibility" is running away from what they wrought.

Boehner has been given a "clean bill" to keep the government running. It is his insistence on adding riders to overturn previous legislation that is causing the shutdown

Big question for Republicans

If you get your way.....what will you demand next year to allow the government to function?

You mean he did what his voters wanted him to do???? How dare he start to represent the people like his job description!!!!!!!!

Not this time. I've even seen a few anchors at CNN say that there is plenty of blame to go around. Tantamount to admitting that the Dems are as much to blame.

Repeating a lie over and over has worked for the GOP, but the polls point to the majority of blame going to the GOP. The GOP wanted a shutdown and they got one. They will bear the brunt just like the did before. The GOP has a shutdown history don't forget.

Repeating a lie over and over has worked for the GOP, but the polls point to the majority of blame going to the GOP. The GOP wanted a shutdown and they got one. They will bear the brunt just like the did before. The GOP has a shutdown history don't forget.

The fact you actually believe this shit is amazing.... Who reads the posts for you because I dont see you having the mental ability to do it on your own?

The fact you actually believe this shit is amazing.... Who reads the posts for you because I dont see you having the mental ability to do it on your own?

Funny the best you can do is say "Dems are as much to blame"

Also funny how every polls has...at best...Dems "almost" tied with GOP for blame, but not quite, haha

Their is only one lie being perpetrated on this day. It is coming from your side.

Conciliatory bills and offers have been made to the Senate. They rejected all of it.

That gives ownership to the Democrats.

I'm writing and pushing the GOP to continue with their newly found backbones and continue to get on the cameras and push the fact that the Democrats have said, "No" to every gesture.

The party of NO has an ass for a logo.

Funny the best you can do is say "Dems are as much to blame"

Also funny how every polls has...at best...Dems "almost" tied with GOP for blame, but not quite, haha

Seeing as Harry Reid refused even to attempt a compromise I would solely put this at the fascist democrats feet.... Fascism has consequences.

Their is only one lie being perpetrated on this day. It is coming from your side.

Conciliatory bills and offers have been made to the Senate. They rejected all of it.

I'm writing and pushing the GOP to continue with their newly found backbones and continue to get on the cameras and push the fact that the Democrats have said, "No" to every gesture.

At least the Senate voted on the bills...Boehner won't even bring the bills up for a vote because he knows they'll pass, lol

At least the Senate voted on the bills...Boehner won't even bring the bills up for a vote because he knows they'll pass, lol
when?

Sorry, but in sane worlds saying "do this or I will do this" is considered blackmail. Only in the mind of the conservative is that considered compromise. The compromise is a budget that still has the harmful sequester cuts in it.

You mean like those 50+ bills that are sitting in Reid's desk?

The HOUSE has voted on 3 bills. The HOUSE is the ONLY body to have voted to keep government open.

Why isn't the Senate going to conference to negotiate?

Sorry, but in sane worlds saying "do this or I will do this" is considered blackmail. Only in the mind of the conservative is that considered compromise. The compromise is a budget that still has the harmful sequester cuts in it.
In the really sane world, saying, "my way or the highway" is considered shutting down discussion and debate.

Ownership belongs to the party that refuses to talk.

You mean like those 50+ bills that are sitting in Reid's desk?

The HOUSE has voted on 3 bills. The HOUSE is the ONLY body to have voted to keep government open.

Why isn't the Senate going to conference to negotiate?

Nope sorry, the Senate sent 3 bills to the house (voted on all of them) and each one funded the government. The House is the one that didn't vote on any of them because Boehner knew they'd pass.

Forum List

Back