Why are FOX news ratings so high?

I stopped watching Fox, when O'Reilly declared that Relativism was a valid species of reasoning; that it was just different from how Conservatives think.

I knew in that moment what and who O'Reilly is and in that what Fox News is.

It is the means toward achieving the Britishization of the US... to turn US Citizens into a herd of Moderates.

Yesterday I started a post regarding right wingers' hypocrisy.....So, before I go for a while, here's my question:

Since right wingers on here loudly acclaim that FOX is NUMBER ONE as far as "news" is concerned.......How come they also bitch and moan that there exists a MASS LIBERAL MEDIA CONSPIRACY?

Yesterday I started a post regarding right wingers' hypocrisy.....So, before I go for a while, here's my question:

Since right wingers on here loudly acclaim that FOX is NUMBER ONE as far as "news" is concerned.......How come they also bitch and moan that there exists a MASS LIBERAL MEDIA CONSPIRACY?

Oh what a brave face it puts on... one failure after the next and it just keeps projecting idiocy, as if it possesses a scintilla of credibility.

LOL! Now how precious is THAT?

If it helps... the simple fact is that Fox News is the #1 most watched, thus the most trusted news source in the United States. Without regard to the projections by the Left that the "Right CLAIMS IT!".

Reading some of the other threads on here, the issue that FOX news dominates the ratings wars often comes up.......A recent survey finds that right wingers, in general, do NOT trust any other news source BUT Fox.

On the surface, right wingers will "conclude" that since Fox ranks so high, it must be "good" and "trustworthy.".................But is this really the conclusion that should be readily accepted?

Now, I'm sure that right wingers on here will quickly respond that any criticism of Fox's high ratings is based on envy...or liberal spin and biases.

However, for the more open-minded fellow posters, a simple explanation may make sense.

Let's say that the entire rating system was comprised of 10 people; 4 of whom are conservatives and the other 6 span the political spectrum from liberal to independent.....

Now, the 4 conservative faithfully and unwaveringly watch Fox giving that cable network 40% ratings......while the other six watch...CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Al-Jazeera-America, Russia-Today, ABC and several other Internet-based news sources (especially for the younger generation).......

It should not be too difficult to then conclude that no other competitor to Fox would even remotely come close to that network's 40% rating.

Yet, the question remains: Is this dominance by Fox in the ratings' war a good or bad thing for the conservative movement, ideology and growth ?

Since Fox has gained prominence, Repubs have lost the popular vote in 5 out of the last 6 presidential elections. I think it's an echo chamber that blinds them to any idea other than what Fox suggests.

Bill Clinto never got 50% of the popular vote in either of his election wins for President of the USA.

He still won the popular vote both times by large margins.

In 1992, Bill Clinton won the Presidency with only 48% of the popular vote.
In 1996, Bill Clinton won re-election with only 45% of the popular vote.

Reading some of the other threads on here, the issue that FOX news dominates the ratings wars often comes up.......A recent survey finds that right wingers, in general, do NOT trust any other news source BUT Fox.

On the surface, right wingers will "conclude" that since Fox ranks so high, it must be "good" and "trustworthy.".................But is this really the conclusion that should be readily accepted?

Now, I'm sure that right wingers on here will quickly respond that any criticism of Fox's high ratings is based on envy...or liberal spin and biases.

However, for the more open-minded fellow posters, a simple explanation may make sense.

Let's say that the entire rating system was comprised of 10 people; 4 of whom are conservatives and the other 6 span the political spectrum from liberal to independent.....

Now, the 4 conservative faithfully and unwaveringly watch Fox giving that cable network 40% ratings......while the other six watch...CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Al-Jazeera-America, Russia-Today, ABC and several other Internet-based news sources (especially for the younger generation).......

It should not be too difficult to then conclude that no other competitor to Fox would even remotely come close to that network's 40% rating.

Yet, the question remains: Is this dominance by Fox in the ratings' war a good or bad thing for the conservative movement, ideology and growth ?

Since Fox has gained prominence, Repubs have lost the popular vote in 5 out of the last 6 presidential elections. I think it's an echo chamber that blinds them to any idea other than what Fox suggests.

Bill Clinto never got 50% of the popular vote in either of his election wins for President of the USA.

Yes. With three candidates on the ballot. How can you split votes for three candidates 50/50?

If it helps... the simple fact is that Fox News is the #1 most watched, thus the most trusted news source in the United States. Without regard to the projections by the Left that the "Right CLAIMS IT!".

Pretty stupid/inane response......Even an idiot like you should realize that being the most watched doe NOT translate into the most trusted. As o someone else alluded to, "wrestling" is one of the most watched "entertainment" show......Would you, Key translate that farce as the "most trusted" source of TV shows? (actually you probably would, sorry.)

(BTW, as stated several times, IF you combine all the other news shows, they beat FOX.)

Yes. With three candidates on the ballot. How can you split votes for three candidates 50/50?

More people voted against Bill Clinton than voted FOR him.

Because schools, Hollywood, and other news stations make up a much larger portion of the knowledge fed to people.

I think liberals watch FoxNews than conservatives watch FoxNews. Maybe it is that liberals obsess over FoxNews while others can either take it or leave it.

This was PRECISELY the reason for my making this thread: How Many Are Ready For Another RW TV Network US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You will note that not ONE USMB RWer responded that they were even in the LEAST bit interested in a RW competitor for the entity called FOXNEWS

You know why that is? Because they KNOW that they are full of it. They KNOW that their ratings are ONLY because it is the ONLY entertainment channel that ALL RWers and self-proclaimed conservatives flock to.

Welcome to the party.

Oboy -- two posts in a row by ignants who have no clue what "Liberal" means. Why, that's only 574 short of the site record.

:popcorn:

Remember AIR AMERICA!!!!!

and.....

and.....

try not to wet yourself laughing.

Peeing_6273ea_1814005.jpg

Same reasons Hitler was. Paint your opposition as a threat and people will support you.

I dunno, look at the gross numbers.

O'Reilly is the highest-rated show, right? Peaks at about 3.2 million viewers. There are currently about 320 million people in the country.

So, at its peak, 1 out of 100 people in the country are watching Fox. One percent.

I think they get a little more credit/blame than necessary.

O'Reilly is the highest-rated show, right? Peaks at about 3.2 million viewers. There are currently about 320 million people in the country.

So, at its peak, 1 out of 100 people in the country are watching Fox. One percent.

Thats very less..

Pretty funny aren't they?

Forum List

Back