Why are Females under 45 not supporting Hillary Clinton?

Will the Younger Democratic Female Voter cost Hillary Clinton the Nomination?

• Yes

• No

• Pineapple

• Bonzi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
" And yet, that's exactly what's happening in today's presidential race when it comes to Hillary Clinton's support from younger women. Some 64% of women Democratic voters younger than 45 backed Bernie Sanders, while just 35% supported Clinton, according to a Wall Street Journal/NBC/Marist College poll in New Hampshire last week. When it comes to women 45 and older, Clinton leads Sanders by 9 percentage points, the poll found. "

There seem to be something Hillary Clinton is not conveying to the younger Democratic Female voter, so what is it?

Is it her older supporters comments?

" First, Gloria Steinem on "Real Time With Bill Maher" suggested that young women are only supporting Sanders because they want to meet men. "When you're young, you're thinking: 'Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie,' " Ms. Steinem said. (She has since apologized for those comments, saying she "misspoke" and called it a "case of talk-show Interruptus.") "

" former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright uttered something she has said repeatedly over the past several years about women helping women crack glass ceilings, but did it for the first time at a rally for and with Clinton in New Hampshire.

"There is a special place in hell for women who don't help each other," she said. "

Why the female generational divide for Hillary Clinton? - CNN.com

Will this problem cause her to lose the nomination?

WTH, I haven't been watching TV.

I watched some of those clips.

Bill campaigning in a flannel shirt on TV? Seriously?

What's next, Trump in a T-shirt?

Mark Twain once said, you have to dress for success.

Because younger women don't care about women's lib and all that old shit

" And yet, that's exactly what's happening in today's presidential race when it comes to Hillary Clinton's support from younger women. Some 64% of women Democratic voters younger than 45 backed Bernie Sanders, while just 35% supported Clinton, according to a Wall Street Journal/NBC/Marist College poll in New Hampshire last week. When it comes to women 45 and older, Clinton leads Sanders by 9 percentage points, the poll found. "

There seem to be something Hillary Clinton is not conveying to the younger Democratic Female voter, so what is it?

Is it her older supporters comments?

" First, Gloria Steinem on "Real Time With Bill Maher" suggested that young women are only supporting Sanders because they want to meet men. "When you're young, you're thinking: 'Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie,' " Ms. Steinem said. (She has since apologized for those comments, saying she "misspoke" and called it a "case of talk-show Interruptus.") "

" former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright uttered something she has said repeatedly over the past several years about women helping women crack glass ceilings, but did it for the first time at a rally for and with Clinton in New Hampshire.

"There is a special place in hell for women who don't help each other," she said. "

Why the female generational divide for Hillary Clinton? - CNN.com

Will this problem cause her to lose the nomination?
With endorsements like those two, who needs enemies?

WTH, I haven't been watching TV.

I watched some of those clips.

Bill campaigning in a flannel shirt on TV? Seriously?

What's next, Trump in a T-shirt?

Mark Twain once said, you have to dress for success.
Yuck. Trump in a t-shirt?

Your generation is standing on the shoulders of a lot of women who went through a lot of shit to get you where you are. That's okay, it is as it should be. You don't have to care about it, but please don't call women's lib "old shit."

Because she is an ancient, self-serving, millionaire elitist, lying, crooked, treasonous, incompetent, criminal....

Your generation is standing on the shoulders of a lot of women who went through a lot of shit to get you where you are. That's okay, it is as it should be. You don't have to care about it, but please don't call women's lib "old shit."

I'm 52 - I wish I got to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.
I have no ambitions though....
But for women that do, I'm sure the battle was worth it.
As for me, I'd rather just be taking care of raise kids and cooking.
I have a college degree from a major university - so what?
As it is, I suck at pretty much everything in life.... at least if I learned to cook and raise kids I could have been a success there....

Last edited:

Because she is an ancient, self-serving, millionaire elitist, lying, crooked, treasonous, incompetent, criminal....

.... and this ....

As it is, I suck at pretty much everything in life.... at least if I learned to cook and raise kids I could have been a success there....
What, no children?

It's Hillary's fault. . . and all her elitist pals. .. .:badgrin:

It will be interesting to see the voting in states with higher non-white pops. From the comments I've read in news articles, younger women do not believe Hillary has any right to their vote simply because she's a woman. I take that to mean they believe Bernie is equally committed to choice. And, they don't like her Iraq vote (who does), and they like Bernie's pro-populism and let's rob the banks message.

I saw Rubio actually did will in Minn with women, which amazes me since he is for "forced birthing of teen rape victims" or something, I thought, but maybe not. Other than that, it's not much good news for the gop in the natl with the "fairer sex."

What, no children?

It's Hillary's fault. . . and all her elitist pals. .. .:badgrin:

I have 2 boys.
I'm just saying I probably didn't do a very good job.
I mean, they are successful, but I think that's a lot luck!

I just want to be me.
I would not want to be ugly and a criminal like Hillary.
I can be a bit brusque - but, deep down I'm a baby :)

Just repeat this twenty times a day until you get used to it: President of the United States, Donald Trump.

Forum List

Back