Why are democrats holding our government hostage?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
"The American people don’t want the government shutdown and they don’t want Obamacare.”

House Passes Spending Bill That Would Cut Health Funds

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/21/us/politics/house-spending-bill.html?hp

we now have a spending bill that will ensure the government does not shut down. all obama and the dems have to do is get over their ego and let the horrible obamacare be defunded. don't hold america hostage over a horrible bill that now even buffet says is a lousy bill.

Neither party care about America. It's all about political posturing and trying to score some points.

A pox on both their houses and a pox on Americans that think politics is a spectator sport where my team in better than your team.

So all of you conservatives who say that the reason you think the US is not a democracy, and shouldn't be one,

is because you think democracy equates to 'mob rule',

now suddenly you want to poll the mob on every bill that's passed before the government can be allowed to continue to function?

btw, less than 40% of Americans want Obamacare repealed, outright, so if the mob's opinion suddenly matters to you people,

fine, let's go with it.

Obamacare stays in place.

no one said anything about polls NYC....why are the democrats holding the government hostage. care to address the thread?

Neither party care about America. It's all about political posturing and trying to score some points.

A pox on both their houses and a pox on Americans that think politics is a spectator sport where my team in better than your team.

fair points

in this case, what is wrong with defunding obamacare and passing a spending bill?

Nothing. Obamacare should never have been built behind closed doors, jammed down our throats the way it was, and implemented in the fashion it has been. It's no better than any other craptacular legislation done to benefit whichever party is in power at the time, regardless of how poor the legislation is and how badly it hurts America. Both parties are guilty of it and both parties have mindless cheerleaders that will back their team no matter what.

no one said anything about polls NYC....why are the democrats holding the government hostage. care to address the thread?
Exactly right Yurt. Exactly right! The Democrats need to lie down and let a small minority of republicans and tea party people take control of the US. Let's forget about this majority rule crap!
Minority rule!!!
Minority rule!!!
(Repeat after me.)
Minority rule!!!

Exactly right Yurt. Exactly right! The Democrats need to lie down and let a small minority of republicans and tea party people take control of the US. Let's forget about this majority rule crap!
Minority rule!!!
Minority rule!!!
(Repeat after me.)
Minority rule!!!

um, the pubs have the majority in the house

:rolleyes:

Then tell me what your basis was for making this claim in the OP.

"The American people don’t want the government shutdown and they don’t want Obamacare.”

Minority rule!!!
Minority rule!!!
(Repeat after me.)
Minority rule!!!

Which is only one of the three pieces of the puzzle that makes law in this country and the Democrats hold the other two.

You can't have tyranny by the minority. No government can function under such nonsense.

Republicans control the House. This is their last ditch effort to stop the implementation of the New Health Care laws. When the Senate passes it's bill and it doesn't contain this limitation, what will the House do? Who will you blame? But more importantly who will the voting public blame in 2014?

Minority rule!!!
Minority rule!!!
(Repeat after me.)
Minority rule!!!

Which is only one of the three pieces of the puzzle that makes law in this country and the Democrats hold the other two.

You can't have tyranny by the minority. No government can function under such nonsense.

the prez merely signs laws, congress is split. why should the pubs cave to the senate and the prez when they have the majority in the house? they are doing what their constituents want and you're crying foul because you have a majority, barely, in the senate and the WH.

you can't have it both ways. we have three branches for a reason and this exemplifies that reason. the house is an important part of the legislative process and the pubs have the majority there. if the dems in the senate and WH want to hold the government hostage, that is on you, not the pubs.

Republicans control the House. This is their last ditch effort to stop the implementation of the New Health Care laws. When the Senate passes it's bill and it doesn't contain this limitation, what will the House do? Who will you blame? But more importantly who will the voting public blame in 2014?

the house is free to pass this bill and fully within their constitutional rights to do so. i blame the dems and obama for putting their ego before the country and for starting the blame game about holding the country hostage.

it remains to be seen who the voting public will blame. i remember dems saying 2010 that pubs would lose big and they won and again in '12, but the pubs held the majority.

Then tell me what your basis was for making this claim in the OP.

it was a quote from boehner, hence the quotes, if you had bothered to click the link you would know that.

What do you hope to accomplish with this? You have to see by now that no one is falling for it.

If the Republican minority wants to hold the nation hostage, they should be proud of doing so. They shouldn't try to pretend they're not doing it. That just makes them look dishonest as well as thuggish, and an honest thug looks better than a dishonest thug.

this is what is truly hilarious....the pubs put up a spending bill, but it is the pubs who are holding the nation hostage

two faced libs crack me up, thread win

no more than dems crying about pubs holding the government hostage

i love how this thread made the dems shoot themselves in the foot about who's holding the government hostage

fact is, no one is, both parties are merely playing politics as usual

Forum List

Back