Why Are Conservatives Such Cowards When It Comes To Social Security & Medicare?

Also
It’s not a question to make an opinion statement but falsely pose it as a question.

Fake

Biden, and his Inflation Reduction Act he signed into law, will begin gutting some provisions of Medicare Part D in 2025, which will inevitably lead to benefit cuts and higher premiums. Why complain about Republicans when Democrats voted and signed this legislation into law?

Why do liberals create fake thread titles that deliver commentary but pretend to ask a question?

Last edited:
We don't want, nor need, even at this current time, people working longer. That's immoral and inhumane.

We don't want, nor need, even at this current time, people working longer. That's immoral and inhumane.
How about the 25-45 year old bums go back to work and keep it funded instead of crying about work being too tough and not matching their wishes nor feelings?

"Some Republicans -- some Republicans want Medicare and Social Security to sunset,” Biden said as he pledged to prevent Republicans from cutting Social Security and Medicare. “I'm not saying it's the majority. If Congress doesn't keep the programs where they are they go well, the Republicans say I'm not saying there's a majority of you. I don't even think it's even significant.” Although Biden noted that he wasn’t saying the “majority” of Republicans wanted to do so, he was immediately showered with boos from the other side of the aisle. Biden also pointed out that, during the previous administration, Congress raised the debt ceiling three times “without preconditions or crisis".

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has publicly said that potential cuts to Medicare and Social Security are "off the table" but that didn’t stop the boos getting louder -- “So folks, as we all apparently agree, Social Security and Medicare off the books now, right?” Biden asked amid the tense exchange. “All right. We got unanimity.” Biden earned a standing ovation from both sides of the aisle following the comment."

I am not going to rehash the speech; instead I just want to ask right wingers, why do they continuously back away or lie about their positions when a light is shined on them? Why do Republicans continue to try to gaslight the rest of us by claiming they never wanted to cut Medicare and Social Security?? They did the same thing when they claimed they didn't want to repeal Roe v Wade, even tho that is all they have campaigned on for the last 40 years....After the SC repealed it, these same right-wingers lied and said that they only wanted to leave it to the states....then immediately started drafting legislation to propose federal bans on abortions....

Now they are lying once again about cutting Social Security and Medicare....they lie about it because they know those are 2 of the most popular programs in US history...but since it isn't a policy conservatives came up with, they have been opposed to it since its creation...So since their policies suck, they have to lie about it while working behind the scenes to gut it or "sunset" it....Here is Mike Lee to summarize my point...

I didnt realize that one guy spoke for the entire GOP. :dunno:

How is it immoral to raise the retirement age?. Back when Social Security was created people didn’t live as long as we do today.

I would think you’d say it was inhumane to do nothing and watch the program cease to exist.

Forum List

Back