Why are conservatives always on the wrong side of history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dems who had slaves or defending slavery were conservatives, AvorySuds.

The pubs who were trying to free them were liberals.

That's the problem with labels. They change meaning through time. That's why it is better to just use the terms collectivist or individualist when defining what type of government style you like.

Thanks for agreeing the fine things unions have done for US. And I think you are confusing unions destroying GM (all the auto comps) and Corp management looking for hort term profits ahead of long term Corp reversibility

Hoffa? Oh right I forgot Nixon and then Reagan's most corrupt admin the GOP gave US

I see you're as week on history as you are on everything else but infantile insults. Grant's was arguably the most corrupt, till ole bammy got in office. The level of corruption that he has brought has blown all previous POTI, out of the water.

DUMBASS MODERATOR WESTWALL SAYS

THIS COMMENT OF MINE:

"Says the psychotic with a pic of the traitorous conservative shooting the Prez"

OF A COMMENT I POSTED (OF A COMMENTER ATTACKING ME!!!) IN OTHER FORUM OF THE PROGRESSIVE ABE LINCOLN GETTING SHOT IN THE HEAD UNDER A CAPTION OF SOMETHING LIKE TYRANTS DEATH SOLVED????? SERIOUSLY? THEN POSTS THIS DRIVEL TO ME THE VERY NEXT POST HE HAS HERE?

"I see you're as week on history as you are on everything else but infantile insults. "

LOL, TO FUKKING FUNNY DUMBASS!!!

"Your message (Hillary Clinton: Qualifications to be President) contains trolling, flaming and/or no content"

I DON'T GIVE A FUKK IF YOU MOD, IF YOU ARE A FUKKING LIAR, YOU ARE A LIAR BUBBA!!!

The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by multiple scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any US president

Reagan administration scandals - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So......you are frothing at the mouth aren't you... Whenever I see a rant like this it reminds me of the silly (well insane) person in this video. I can just imagine you screaming at your poor cat like this. Maybe this is you...

Frothing? Because YOU as a moderater take down some of MY posts after commenters attack ME and I respond to the inflammatory images of Abe being a tyrant and getting rid of him by shooting him was acceptable, and merely called that poster a psychotic?

Bubba, you need to understand what honesty AND context is!

And you call me out for flaming?? lol

I removed posts from you AND them that were off topic. That's what my job as a Moderator is. Do you think I am merely here to listen to you froth at the mouth?

Sure you did Bubba, BUT left the ONE from the right wing Klown who answered the post about the CBO saying over 1/3rd of deficits 2001-2010 WERE THANKS TO DUBYA'S TAX CUTS. Weird, that had NOTHING to do with Hilary's run? But you left it anyways PERHAPS because it pushed your right wing narrative without CONTEXT? I guess that whole context thing confuses you constantly Bubba'

Here Bubba:

Dad2three said:
CBO: Bush Tax Cuts Responsible For Almost A Third Of Deficit In Last 10 Years (2001-2010)

m14shooter said:
"The Obama forced a Dem-controlled Congress to extend GWB's tax cuts in their entirety, calling it "a substantial victory for middle-class families across the country."
Obama signs bill to extend Bush-era tax cuts for two more years
Someone here is dishonest, and it isn't anyone from the GOP."

Yeah, i can see how THAT post is relevant to Hilary's run for Prez, lol

Hillary Clinton Qualifications to be President Page 37 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That's the problem with labels. They change meaning through time. That's why it is better to just use the terms collectivist or individualist when defining what type of government style you like.

Who were the guys for bigger Gov't in the civil war and which ones were for smaller? Please call them by their POLITICAL names, Dems or Repubs

Now which ones fought to keep slavery and which opposed it?

lol

So now it appears as though we can question the actions and decisions of the USMB staff in open forums...

Excellent, nice to know things are loosening up around here...

10 things conservative Christians got horribly wrong

Evangelicals and their ilk have used God to justify everything from Prohibition and segregation to slavery

1) Slavery. Both sides of the American slavery debate claimed to be speaking from profound Christian conviction. The Bible clearly has a positive view of slavery, something pro-slavery Christians routinely pointed out. Abolitionists took a broader, less literal view of the Bible. Unsurprising that this divide led to the South being, to this day, home of the most people who take a literalist, fundamentalist view of Christianity.

2) Women’s suffrage. Unsurprisingly, conservative Christianity was hostile to women’s suffrage, just as it’s been hostile to women’s progress every step of the way. Women’s “God-given” roles were routinely referenced in arguments against giving women the right to vote

3) Evolution.

4) Pain relief for childbirth

5) Catholics. Modern American conservative Protestants embrace Catholics and have even started to borrow some Catholic arguments against things like abortion and contraception. But in the early 19th and 20th centuries, there was widespread anti-Catholic sentiment, much of it tied up in hostility to Catholic immigrants. There was even an anti-Catholic political party in the early 19th century.

6) Prohibition. Hostility to Catholic immigrants was a large part of the reason temperance mania took over many Protestant communities in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Despite the fact that Jesus was a wine drinker, abstinence from alcohol—and forcing abstinence on others by force of law—became a major Christian cause during this period, leading up to Prohibition. This was true, even though many in the temperance movement were also aligned with the suffragist cause, making Prohibition one of the few Christian follies that weighs as heavily on the progressive Christian tradition as it does the conservative one. Luckily, it took little more than a decade for the bigtime error that was banning alcohol to be fixed.

7) Segregation. Religious leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. led the desegregation movement, but it’s also important to note that the pro-segregation movement was also conceived as a Christian one. Arguments against “race mixing” were largely framed in religious terms....Christian right leader Jerry Falwell got his start fighting to uphold segregation, giving sermons about how integration was offensive to God

8) Contraception. From the beginning of the “birth control movement,” Christian conservatives fought to keep women from being able to have sex without getting pregnant.

9) School prayer. Along with supporting segregation and opposing feminism, the third issue that created the modern religious right is the issue of prayer in public schools. In 1961, the Supreme Court ruled against school-led prayers, even if they were supposedly voluntary. Instead of giving up a chance to use schools as a way to foist their beliefs on the unwilling, the religious right spent and continues to spend the next 50-plus years trying to find some way to sneak religious indoctrination/bullying of non-believers into public schools.

10) Marriage equality. The religious right is still fighting like it’s not obvious that they’re wrong on this one. The tide is shifting so fast it’s quickly becoming apparent that this issue, like segregation, is going to be one where they’ll be pretending they didn’t fight so hard for the side of wrong in a few decades.

10 things conservative Christians got horribly wrong - Salon.com

1. Slavery. The Bible clearly does NOT have a favorable image of slavery. God sent Moses to free his people of slavery idiot. Then Mosaic law did the unthinkable, it gave everyone a day of rest, something that in the ancient world was unheard of. Thanks to Mosaic law, you now are able to enjoy a weekend. Although slavery was allowed in Mosaic law, it was only as a means of survival, and after 7 years, they were to be set free. You are either being disingenuous or you don't know what you are talking about. I could care less who uses the Bible to prove a point. Hell, Dims do it today when it comes to helping the poor. They use Jesus when it is convenient, but God forbid conservatives use the Bible when it comes to topics like abortion.
Nonsense. There are plenty of examples where the Bible promoted slavery. Here are but a few...

Ephesians 6:5 ESV

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ.

Colossians 4:1 ESV

Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

1 Peter 2:18 ESV

Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust.

Titus 2:9-10 ESV

Slaves are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.

When birfers voice an opinion on politics, you know it will be wrong.

Obama-Closeup-2.png

Was Obama himself the first birther?
What a shame Obama didn't write that, huh? Once again, conservatives on the wrong side.

And the far left propaganda continues without question or hesitation.

Of course the real history will disagree with this far left drone..

Yes, BECAUSE the 'liberals//progressives' supported slavery, fought taxation and bigger Gov't under Prez Abe right? lol

tea-party-states-confederacy-political-meme-redneck-rebel-flag.jpg

Yes, BECAUSE the 'liberals//progressives' supported slavery, fought taxation and bigger Gov't under Prez Abe right? lol

Another far left drone pushing propaganda..

25695.jpg

Nope, liberal means liberal (look it up) and conservative means conservative (look it up) and they apply whether 1815 or 1915 or 2015.

25695.jpg

And the far left proves that they do not know history!

Nope, liberal means liberal (look it up) and conservative means conservative (look it up) and they apply whether 1815 or 1915 or 2015.

Wrong as always! Although you would think these far left drones would be used to that by now..

So now it appears as though we can question the actions and decisions of the USMB staff in open forums...

Excellent, nice to know things are loosening up around here...

Nope. That's still against the rules as he just found out.

Kosh is consistent: he's wrong. The terms don't change over time.

he dems who had slaves or defending slavery were conservatives, AvorySuds.

No, Kosh, your conservatives were slave owners and supported slavery.

More proof that the far left does not understand history!

Now the far right conservatives are going to tell us the Republican Lincoln was a conservative after they have been bushing him for years as a liberal.

No, your revisionism, westwall and kosh and etc., is rejected as false, as always.

Now the far right conservatives are going to tell us the Republican Lincoln was a conservative after they have been bushing him for years as a liberal.

No, your revisionism, westwall and kosh and etc., is rejected as false, as always.

once again the far left shows they use terms that they do not understand, but are a part of their programming!

And continue to prove that they do not understand history!

Kosh is consistent: he's wrong. The terms don't change over time.

No, Kosh, your conservatives were slave owners and supported slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back