Why are Blacks hypersenstive about reperations?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by RetiredGySgt, Jul 7, 2008.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    I mean none of them have been slaves EVER. No one living today was a Slave, no one living today , as far as I know, even had a parent that was a slave.

Why is that 600,000 dead Amreicans is not payment enough for them? And if they get reperations when do Indians, Irish and other groups get their reperations?

Why is it Blacks expect people that were never slave owners to pay them because some of their ancestors were slaves?

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

It's called being brainwashed from birth by those pandering for votes to believe they are entitled to something they don't have to work for and someone else long dead paid the price for.

On the other side of the coin, the apologistas are just try to purchase absolution from some scewed sense of responsibility for something they had no part in because someone has convinced them it's their fault.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Why is it that people think that they can make overtly racists statements in rhetorical questions and not be thought racist?

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    Perhaps you could ask the Bass that question?

5. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I want reparation from the coastal raiders who raped, pillaged and plundered along the coasts of Ireland, England and Scotland when my ancestors were living there.

Then I want reparation from all the white people who persecuted my Indian ancestors.

Then I want reparation from every single person who ever brought pressure to bear to close down the logging industry, forcing my relatives to move and/or into penury.

I want reparation from the US Forest Service for under-bidding on property owned by my grandparents after assuring the property was worthless as private property by placing sactions on it.

I should be getting a mint.

6. nomdeplume

nomdeplume Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Nice trying to copy me, gay sergeant. You are missing about 100 IQ points to pull it off, however.

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I'm waiting for descendants named above to start pay-palling me money.

Standing by.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    It is a racial issue, but not necessarily a racist one. I'm against reparations for blacks. Just as I am against reparations for Christians from the current Italian government for Rome feeding them to lions and enslaving them. Just as I am against reparations for the Highland Clearances, which WOULD affect my family.

None of the people who owned slaves are alive. There are no living former slaves. Show me them and I will agree the former owes the latter something.

It's nothing but one side playing on the guilt of the other, and the latter believing they can buy abslution and a clear conscience from feeling guilty about something they weren't even responsible for. In other words, it's stupid.

9. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    But whites have their high social status and positions of power in this country because of things that happenned in the past and are enjoying white privilege so damn much that when one black gets admitted to a school or job based on affirmative action the whites get hysterical as if someone stole something from them. If blacks can't have reparations whites shouldn't have any positions of power based on the past, make it even Steven both ways. The "we got ours, but damned if we give you yours" mentality has got to go. If the government will not reparations, then why not exmept every black American from taxation for 400 years, the amount of timr blacks were enslaved?

10. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    Sure thing, you just want a free ride and you are not going to get it.