CDZ Why are anti gunners so open all of a sudden about banning guns?

I never answer polls about guns.

doesn't matter. The numbers are pretty accurate.

Here's the thing.

At some point, we went from my dad's generation, that hunted for food, to the generation that hunted for fun, to a generation that watched Bambi too many times and realized that hunting, for the most part, is kind of sadistic.

So the gun makers, realizing that they were looking at a declining market, decided that they needed to create a new one, and the new one is scared little people.

ANd how do you keep people scared? Make it easy for people who shouldn't have guns to get them.

Except people are saying "enough".
You have no clue if those numbers are accurate or not

I grew up with rifles and pistols. Obviously I am not "anti-gun." The question is why anyone wants an automatic weapon and who do they intend to point it at. Those who insist on wanting to own them do not explain these things. Absent any cogent explanation for wanting to inflict these weapons on general society, we must assume that they have an evil motivation that society must protect itself against.

I grew up with rifles and pistols. Obviously I am not "anti-gun." The question is why anyone wants an automatic weapon and who do they intend to point it at. Those who insist on wanting to own them do not explain these things. Absent any cogent explanation for wanting to inflict these weapons on general society, we must assume that they have an evil motivation that society must protect itself against.

It's really difficult to get an automatic weapon.

so whats the right way to read it Joe?....

Well regulated militias mean the government can regulate who owns a gun, what kind of gun they should own, and require them to have basic competency before they get one.
maybe for that militia.....so you dont comment on the second half?.... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.....who are those people?...and what does "shall not be infringed" mean?...

The Progs are out in the open due to the utter ignorance of the Constitution that their elimination of proper civics courses in school has bred into their base.

It takes a super majority in Congress and 3/4 of the states to amend the Constitution. Even if the Dems manage to squeak out a simple majority win this year, it will be impossible for them to void the 2A.

I think that the anti gunners believe they have a shot at ending the 2nd Amendment, and that is why they feel free to be honest about what they want...banning all semi automatic guns...that would include semi automatic rifles, pistols, ( including revolvers) and shotguns.....which would end concealed and open carry as well.

Why do they think they have a shot at ending the 2nd Amendment....?

They think the democrats will get control of the House in 2018.

If that happens they will immediately impeach Trump. They also think that with their Never Trump republican allies, they can bully the cowardly moderate Rebublicans in the Senate to actually remove him from office.....and Pence, having been Trump's guy, will be powerless as he fills out Trump's last years.

That is what they hope.

At a minimum, by impeaching Trump they think they will then have the juice to block any new appointments, especially to the Supreme Court, using their Never Trump allies and bullying moderate Republican cowards to go along with it.....

That means if ginsburg and kennedy retire or die, he won't be able to put real Justices on the court, and if Justice Thomas retires or dies, he won't be able to keep the status quo on the court.....and they think they will be able to elect a democrat as President, who will then be the one shaping the court for the next 30 years....

If that happens....the 2nd Amendment will be nothing but ink on paper, just as it is in Mexico.

They will vote on the 4th Circuit Court of appeals ban on Assault weapons, which will ban all semi auto weapons, and they will use the courts to sue gun makers into submission.

That is why the democrats are openly calling for a ban on semi automatic weapons.......which is essentially almost every gun in the country....
Nothing like democrats promising to raise taxes or conficasticing guns results in conservatives staying home and not voting.

I truly hope the libtards believe that and shout their cause to the moon. Let David Hogg star in their democrat commercials.

I think that the anti gunners believe they have a shot at ending the 2nd Amendment, and that is why they feel free to be honest about what they want...banning all semi automatic guns...that would include semi automatic rifles, pistols, ( including revolvers) and shotguns.....which would end concealed and open carry as well.

If that happens they will immediately impeach Trump. They also think that with their Never Trump republican allies, they can bully the cowardly moderate Rebublicans in the Senate to actually remove him from office.....and Pence, having been Trump's guy, will be powerless as he fills out Trump's last years.

That is what they hope.

At a minimum, by impeaching Trump they think they will then have the juice to block any new appointments, especially to the Supreme Court, using their Never Trump allies and bullying moderate Republican cowards to go along with it.....

That means if ginsburg and kennedy retire or die, he won't be able to put real Justices on the court, and if Justice Thomas retires or dies, he won't be able to keep the status quo on the court.....and they think they will be able to elect a democrat as President, who will then be the one shaping the court for the next 30 years....

If that happens....the 2nd Amendment will be nothing but ink on paper, just as it is in Mexico.

They will vote on the 4th Circuit Court of appeals ban on Assault weapons, which will ban all semi auto weapons, and they will use the courts to sue gun makers into submission.

That is why the democrats are openly calling for a ban on semi automatic weapons.......which is essentially almost every gun in the country....
Nothing like democrats promising to raise taxes or conficasticing guns results in conservatives staying home and not voting.

I truly hope the libtards believe that and shout their cause to the moon. Let David Hogg star in their democrat commercials.

That would mean that the republicans have to actually go out and vote and stop crying about Trump......Trump is in office for 4-8 years....conservatives and republicans not voting because they don't like Trump's tweets will result in the end of the 2nd Amendment and the 1st.....Republicans have to fight back the same way the democrats do...

Do people really think democrats liked hilary as a person...? They want power and will vote for anyone to get it....

The Progs are out in the open due to the utter ignorance of the Constitution that their elimination of proper civics courses in school has bred into their base.

It takes a super majority in Congress and 3/4 of the states to amend the Constitution. Even if the Dems manage to squeak out a simple majority win this year, it will be impossible for them to void the 2A.

No....it doesn't take any of that....it takes gun grabbers in a small city or in a blue state to pass a gun control law...like banning semi automatic guns.....then they take that to an obama appointed appellate court that says, Hey, thats Constitutional......and then the Supreme court simply doesn't have 4 votes to hear the case and they don't have 5 votes to strike it down....and Viola......semi automatic weapon bans are Constitutional....

Don't think it can happen? the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals already did it for Massachusetts....

People are receptive to radical firearms legislation largely because extremist firearms addicts have pushed the argument too far.

People are receptive to radical firearms legislation largely because extremist firearms addicts have pushed the argument too far.

The only ones pushing it too fare are you guys......

The Founding Slave Owners
Those same founders that decided people like you have a right to free speech despite them not seeing advances in technology to promote undemocratic principles.

There should be a waiting period and background check on free speech for posters like you.

Um, yeah, except surveys keep finding the same trends...

maybe for that militia.....so you dont comment on the second half?.... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.....who are those people?...and what does "shall not be infringed" mean?...

Honestly, don't care. I throw that in there with the third Amendment... it was something they were upset about (gun confiscation) that has no relevance to our modern age. Kind of like the third amendment and quartering troops in people's houses.

There is no good reason for an average citizen to own a gun, but if you must absolutely have one, then it should be "well-regulated".

Or we can just get into the 21st century like the rest of the world and ban them.

That is what they hope.

That would mean that the republicans have to actually go out and vote and stop crying about Trump......Trump is in office for 4-8 years....conservatives and republicans not voting because they don't like Trump's tweets will result in the end of the 2nd Amendment and the 1st.....Republicans have to fight back the same way the democrats do...

Do people really think democrats liked hilary as a person...? They want power and will vote for anyone to get it....
Trump won the election despite the Anti-Trump Republicans. We picked up Democrats and Libertarians who mostly liked guns too. Fuck Kasich and his republican ilk.

I hope that it is. I am flummoxed as to why anyone in the U.S. wants one and what for. We are pretty safe here. I can't see where an invading army, if there was one, could in modern times get to a nation that spans an entire continent and produce a hand-to-hand combat situation that would mandate the use of these weapons. The British invasion of 1812 seems to have been the last time that there was such a possibility of this.

Those same founders that decided people like you have a right to free speech despite them not seeing advances in technology to promote undemocratic principles.

Again, the Founders didn't poop marble. They weren't revolting against a tyranny, they were revolting against a moderate parliamentary democracy. If Washington had ended up at the end of a rope, we'd all be Canadians today. OH MY GOSH, THE HORROR OF IT ALL!

images

I hope that it is. I am flummoxed as to why anyone in the U.S. wants one and what for. We are pretty safe here. I can't see where an invading army, if there was one, could in modern times get to a nation that spans an entire continent and produce a hand-to-hand combat situation that would mandate the use of these weapons. The British invasion of 1812 seems to have been the last time that there was such a possibility of this.

What if they knocked out the power grid on the eastern seaboard with a computer attack or an EMP strike.....the devestation would allow them to land here without much opposition......colonizing ....

Um, yeah, except surveys keep finding the same trends...

Honestly, don't care. I throw that in there with the third Amendment... it was something they were upset about (gun confiscation) that has no relevance to our modern age. Kind of like the third amendment and quartering troops in people's houses.

There is no good reason for an average citizen to own a gun, but if you must absolutely have one, then it should be "well-regulated".

Or we can just get into the 21st century like the rest of the world and ban them.
so then why did you not say the same thing for the 1st half?...or maybe the 2nd part doesnt read the way you want it to...

No....it doesn't take any of that....it takes gun grabbers in a small city or in a blue state to pass a gun control law...like banning semi automatic guns.....then they take that to an obama appointed appellate court that says, Hey, thats Constitutional......and then the Supreme court simply doesn't have 4 votes to hear the case and they don't have 5 votes to strike it down....and Viola......semi automatic weapon bans are Constitutional....

Don't think it can happen? the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals already did it for Massachusetts....

If one small city can ban guns; others can pass laws to protect them. This scenario is starting to play out here in CA over "sanctuary city" laws with Orange County leading the way to get around the inane state law.

If your scenario did play out it would lead to extreme civil unrest, if not war.

Or the secession of quite a few states.

The Russians aren't going to take over this country from 50,000 ft. They're gonna have to do it on the ground with 300 million gun barrels pointing at them.

It's not so much for invading armies as it is to protect us from a tyrannical government.

Forum List

Back