CDZ Why are anti gunners so open all of a sudden about banning guns?

[
The entire "study" failed every standard

So you aren't complaining that the 43:1 number was wrong (it wasn't), you are complaining they should have counted "other' stuff, like all the times people scared other people with guns.

So, okay, do we want to also count all the times an abusive family member threatened his family with a gun?

That's not what was counted here. What was counted was.

Total number of deaths by gun

SUicides+ Domestic Murder + Accidents : Times someone was killed in self defense.

and it came out to 43:1.

Here's an easier way to validate that number.

Every year we have 32,000 gun deaths.

But the FBI only records 200 gun deaths that were justified self-defense by civilians.

It is wrong because it failed to take into account the fact that a gun can be used in self defense with no one ending up dead.

The moron running the "study" did what you do, they assume that a gun used in self defense requires that someone dies

Even Obama's CDC study gave a low end estimate that DGUs occur 500000 time a year

That is a far larger number than gun murders suicides and accidental gun death combined

I'll believe the CDC over your flawed "study" any day

You're not going to disarm America.

You keep telling yourself that.

But gun ownership has been declining for a long time.

2015-05-21-1432225070-1642674-vpcnorcgraphicone-thumb.jpg

It's just not hip anymore...

If that were the case why have donations skyrocketed?

I find it to be hilarious that you anti gunners want to use guns to force the American people to disarm.
Surely even you can see the hypocrisy.

Naw, because most people would comply voluntarily. They might even be relieved to have a gun out of their home.

The ones who don't... well, they were scaring the children to start with.

In other words, you want to remove the choice from them. "They might be relieved". They don't have to wait until a law forces them.

It is wrong because it failed to take into account the fact that a gun can be used in self defense with no one ending up dead.

It also failed to take into account that people could commit crimes with them without leaving a dead body on the floor.

Even Obama's CDC study gave a low end estimate that DGUs occur 500000 time a year

But the FBI said the number of DGUs is 46,000.

I personally find all these numbers unlikely, given that there are only 200 dead bodies on the floor from legitimate self defense from civilians.. You'd have to believe 99% of the time, gun fetishists finally get the happy day when they get to plug a bad guy and they don't.

That is a far larger number than gun murders suicides and accidental gun death combined

so you'll believe some CDC Numbers but not others.

I'll go with the FBI numbers. 46,000 DGU's and 200 self defense..

Against

11,000 gun homicides
32,000 total gun deaths
70,000 gun injuries
400,000 gun crimes
270 Billion in economic losses.

They're going to do the same thing they did when barry was elected.....
They shot their wad early and didnt expect the blowback after Americans saw what the regressives wanted to achieve.

It'll be the same here......real Americans are going to go ape shit on these fools.

Real Americans are tired of worrying about whether or not their kids are coming home in a body bag from school tomorrow.

And real Americans have different ideas on how to stop that from happening. You don't want to hear what real Americans think, only those that agree with you.

And real Americans have different ideas on how to stop that from happening. You don't want to hear what real Americans think, only those that agree with you.

Because their ideas are kind of dumb.

"Let's arm the teachers!!!"

Yup, the people who can barely keep little Timmy under control without doping him up with ritalin, that's who I want to trust with a gun!

Guns are banned, marijuana is legal, they pass out condoms and hypodermic needles to high-schoolers, and only women are allowed to teach school.

If you fail to toe the political party line, your credit rating is dinged, you can't find a job, you can't rent an apartment, you can't buy a house, and so on and so forth.

Street drugs are LEGAL in America. Put up or shut up. That is the law they are enforcing these days. Get out of traffic or they run you over.

It also failed to take into account that people could commit crimes with them without leaving a dead body on the floor.

But the FBI said the number of DGUs is 46,000.

I personally find all these numbers unlikely, given that there are only 200 dead bodies on the floor from legitimate self defense from civilians.. You'd have to believe 99% of the time, gun fetishists finally get the happy day when they get to plug a bad guy and they don't.

so you'll believe some CDC Numbers but not others.

I'll go with the FBI numbers. 46,000 DGU's and 200 self defense..

Against

11,000 gun homicides
32,000 total gun deaths
70,000 gun injuries
400,000 gun crimes
270 Billion in economic losses.

Yeah you never seem to link to those numbers though do you?

http://www.vpc.org/studies/justifiable15.pdf

This study says over a quarter million

Still way more than suicides and gun murders combined

And I limit my numbers to the lawful use of guns

We don't restrict the rights of people who don't commit crimes.

But let me ask you this

70% of all murders occur in distinct areas of 5% of all the counties in the US. Within those counties there are areas with almost no murder.

Most of the people killed in these high murder areas are young minorities many f those are engaged in criminal behavior at the time they are killed.

So if you really cared about the murder rate why not concentrate efforts where the most murders happen?

But like most people who scream for gun control you don't care about lowering the murder rate as much as you care about exerting control

I never answer polls about guns.

doesn't matter. The numbers are pretty accurate.

Here's the thing.

At some point, we went from my dad's generation, that hunted for food, to the generation that hunted for fun, to a generation that watched Bambi too many times and realized that hunting, for the most part, is kind of sadistic.

So the gun makers, realizing that they were looking at a declining market, decided that they needed to create a new one, and the new one is scared little people.

ANd how do you keep people scared? Make it easy for people who shouldn't have guns to get them.

Except people are saying "enough".

Here's the thing.

At some point, we went from my dad's generation, that hunted for food, to the generation that hunted for fun, to a generation that watched Bambi too many times and realized that hunting, for the most part, is kind of sadistic.

So the gun makers, realizing that they were looking at a declining market, decided that they needed to create a new one, and the new one is scared little people.

ANd how do you keep people scared? Make it easy for people who shouldn't have guns to get them.

Yeah okay Uncle Remus....
Tell us another story!

Yup, the people who can barely keep little Timmy under control without doping him up with ritalin, that's who I want to trust with a gun!

This is where the wheels fall off your tricycle. No one is advocating arming all teachers.

Here's the thing.

I love bambi stew

but i digress

keeping folks scared is the entire game?

didn't you get the memo?

taking their guns away wouldn't accomplish that

allowing them all to make swiss cheese outta each other is key

~S~

This is where the wheels fall off your tricycle. No one is advocating arming all teachers.

because all those lib arts grads are just lined up for a human shield job, right? ~S~

Where did I use the word, "all"?

Arming ANY teachers is actually a pretty bad idea. We have a hard enough time keeping cops from over-reacting and shooting innocent people, and that's like their primary job. We're going to expect that standard out of teachers?

Forum List

Back