Why Allow Gun Ownership?

wrong.

It is not necessary to belong to a militia to be able to keep and bear arms.

Nor is there an age limit set on it.

Which IS covered by the 2A.

try reading it

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The first part is very specific. In order to be a Regulated Militia one would have to be in a state sponsored militia.

The second part is more than a little vague. It was taken from the English Bill or Rights and that was taken from the Magna Carte. The original meaning did not think that the Military Weapons would be possessed by normal people. The Cost kept that from happening. When the 2A was written (copied) not everyone had guns. In fact, most did not. A Musket cost a months normal pay. Clean up until the middle 50s, the US had Armories scattered all over the United States with arms from small arms to medium arms. Most have torn them down but in Delta, Colorado, one still stands.

62990ba881180.image.jpg

It still has all the ability to be used as an Armory like it was when it was buillt, 1921.

The last half of the 2A has been interpreted as a different meaning many times. During that time and before, the average home either had NO guns or had a Shotgun for hunting. Rifles and handguns were out of reach for more people. So the National Guard started the Armories.

In 1921 and back, handguns just weren't around that much. And almost no one owned a M1A1 because of the cost. So it was easy to tie up certain weapons (like the M1A1 Model 1921 or 1928) for the safety of the public. So keep that in mind. The AR IS the weapon of choice for high body count mass shootings. If we follow history, that should fall under public safety and can be restricted.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The first part is very specific. In order to be a Regulated Militia one would have to be in a state sponsored militia.

The second part is more than a little vague. It was taken from the English Bill or Rights and that was taken from the Magna Carte. The original meaning did not think that the Military Weapons would be possessed by normal people. The Cost kept that from happening. When the 2A was written (copied) not everyone had guns. In fact, most did not. A Musket cost a months normal pay. Clean up until the middle 50s, the US had Armories scattered all over the United States with arms from small arms to medium arms. Most have torn them down but in Delta, Colorado, one still stands.

62990ba881180.image.jpg

It still has all the ability to be used as an Armory like it was when it was buillt, 1921.

The last half of the 2A has been interpreted as a different meaning many times. During that time and before, the average home either had NO guns or had a Shotgun for hunting. Rifles and handguns were out of reach for more people. So the National Guard started the Armories.

In 1921 and back, handguns just weren't around that much. And almost no one owned a M1A1 because of the cost. So it was easy to tie up certain weapons (like the M1A1 Model 1921 or 1928) for the safety of the public. So keep that in mind. The AR IS the weapon of choice for high body count mass shootings. If we follow history, that should fall under public safety and can be restricted.
1681530427863.jpeg

Samuel Colt is calling you a liar on handguns.

as will hundreds of cowboys that lived in the mid 1800s.
and I'd imagine the Green Mountain Boys would disagree about private ownership of firearms.

You find The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms confusing?

Poor baby.

View attachment 776499

Samuel Colt is calling you a liar on handguns.

as will hundreds of cowboys that lived in the mid 1800s.
and I'd imagine the Green Mountain Boys would disagree about private ownership of firearms.

You find The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms confusing?

Poor baby.

I happen to live where you are using as an example. And the only reason that the cowboys had the handguns was that they kept their firearms from the Military at the end of the Civil War. And because of that, many western towns and cities had gun regulations that when you visited a town or city, you had to surrender your weapons. Given only a few years (by 1900) things were back to normal and all those guns were no longer present. They either wore out, got lost or the owners made them into a static display over the mantle. Again, the average person could not afford a handgun or a Military style rifle. They owned cheap rifles and shotguns for hunting and protection. And it worked pretty damned well.

You gunnutters don't pay any attention to the History of America. In a very short time, the AR and AK will be regulated to keep it out of the fruitcakes hands through regulation.

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.

2. That makes it a toy. A deadly toy

3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.
While you can hunt boar with a handgun it is not “required.” If you wish you can hunt wild boar with an AR-15, a lever action rifle, a bolt action rifle or even a shotgun.

Hogs can be dangerous game. It might be a good idea to have a weapon that you can fire rapidly to stop an attack and if you end up a tree and leave your rifle behind, to have a .357 or .44 Magnum revolver as a backup.

You're right. It's about militias
/——/ In District of Columbia v. Heller(2008), the Supreme Court affirmed for the first time that the right belongs to individuals, for self-defense in the home.
The Second Amendment was based partially on the right to keep and bear arms in English common law and was influenced by the English Bill of Rights of 1689. Sir William Blackstone described this right as an auxiliary right, supporting the natural rights of self-defense and resistance to oppression, and the civic duty to act in concert in defense of the state.
- Wikipedia

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.

3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.
A shotgun is indeed a great weapon for bedroom defense. You have an intruder in your house. You crouch behind your bed with your shotgun pointed at the locked bedroom door and call the cops. If the intruder breaks the door down you get a second to make damn sure he is a true danger and then you blow him away.

A shotgun is not a great weapon if you like to play Wyatt Earp and clear your house by yourself. The bad guy can grab the long barrel of the shotgun and twist it away from you. He can also get behind an object and wait for you to walk into a room and then he can blow you away.

I once lived in a big home that was once of hotel with several renters. If I woke up hearing an odd noise I would grab a snub nosed .38 and slip it into my pants pocket and go investigate. I never ran into an intruder but I did encounter people coming home at odd hours. I didn’t scare anyone as they never know the hand in my pocket was on a handgun.

If I still lived in that large home today I would install cameras in the kitchen and living room. I then could determine if I had a real problem or not.

A shotgun is not a great weapon if you like to play Wyatt Earp and clear your house by yourself. The bad guy can grab the long barrel of the shotgun and twist it away from you. He can also get behind an object and wait for you to walk into a room and then he can blow you away.
Same is true about an AR

Why Allow Gun Ownership?

1. Hunting
2. Target practice
3. Self defense

To understand why anyone would make such a statement, you must understand the mindset of the individual making it.
There are those who truly believe the human condition is far better when "superior" intellects guide their lives every step of the way.

Being extreme narcissists, these people see themselves (or those they chose) as those "superior" intellects.
The ownership of guns interferes with their rightful place to guide your life exactly as they see fit.
They naturally deem you unfit to do so yourself.

Last edited:
To understand why anyone would make such a statement, you must understand the mindset of the individual making it.
There are those who truly believe the human condition is far better when "superior" intellects guide their lives every step of the way.

Being extreme narcissists, these people see themselves (or those they chose) as those "superior" intellects.
The ownership of guns interferes with their rightful place to guide your life exactly as they see fit.
They naturally deem you unfit to do so yourself.
Nonsense.

I OWN guns

Of course YOU do..you just don't want others to have them.

Point proven.
Wrong...you must never have read my posts

What I DON'T support are assault weapons and yes magazine fed semi-auto hand guns

Shot guns, revolvers, and lever/bolt action weapons are sufficient for any real need, be it home defense or hunting...even target practice.

What I DON'T support are assault weapons and yes magazine fed semi-auto hand guns

Shot guns, revolvers, and lever/bolt action weapons are sufficient for any real need, be it home defense or hunting...even target practice.

I offer that you deceive yourself.
You actually DO oppose others owning those guns but you say that at this time because you know that what you really seek is unobtainable AT THIS TIME.

Besides,
So, you can't fathom the fact that bad players throughout history have seized power over humans and subjected them to awful outcomes?
So, you do not believe such events could ever occur again?

And why do you refuse to acknowledge that BAD POLICIES mostly by the Left have led to the vast majority of gun violence we see?
Why can you not see that we have a bad policy problem far more than we have a "gun" problem?
Kids carried loaded guns to school in Americas early days right up through the 70's and mass shootings were unheard of.
That all ended as the Rise of Progressive Leftism and it's influence on democrat policies flourished.

I say removing tools from a sick society does not solve the underlying problem. At best it is a band-aid. At worst it makes victims of the vast majority of innocent and good people because the bad players will still have the tools and the violence.
The underlying problem is that your kind wants a liberal society where adherence to moral values is unnecessary and you can do whatever you want yet it is precisely that attitude that creates a lawless, violent society which then would require the authoritarianism you desire to maintain any type of coherent society.

FACT: remove the bad policies and the bad players who promote those policies (The Left) and the "Gun violence" will disappear.

Are you so blind or narcissistic that you see no correlation?

Last edited:
I happen to live where you are using as an example. And the only reason that the cowboys had the handguns was that they kept their firearms from the Military at the end of the Civil War. And because of that, many western towns and cities had gun regulations that when you visited a town or city, you had to surrender your weapons. Given only a few years (by 1900) things were back to normal and all those guns were no longer present. They either wore out, got lost or the owners made them into a static display over the mantle. Again, the average person could not afford a handgun or a Military style rifle. They owned cheap rifles and shotguns for hunting and protection. And it worked pretty damned well.

You gunnutters don't pay any attention to the History of America. In a very short time, the AR and AK will be regulated to keep it out of the fruitcakes hands through regulation.

You actually DO oppose others owning those guns but you say that at this time because you know that what you really seek is unobtainable AT THIS TIME.
I'm so grateful that I have you inside my head telling me what I think.

Dope

As to the rest of that screed....it's good that we know how crazy gun nuts actually are

and Volkswagens are sufficient for daily travel.

no need for SUVs, corvettes, Maserati's, etc

right?

Weak argument given the effect of having hundreds of thousands of military style weapons and their lack of any real purpose
National speed limit is 70.

why would anyone need a vehicle that goes 120?

Forum List

Back