Why a U.S. Military Strike against N.Korea would be disastrous

Hmmm I wonder if flyers would help, the N. Koreans are pretty clueless about life outside their box. I imagine they'd be told it was all lies, but we might get through to some of them... Saw a video where some who'd escaped were talking about living in NK and what had changed in their world view since they got out. One of the things they'd mentioned was they had no clue what an American flag looked like - after they escaped they realized that America had been sending them food and stuff for their entire lives...

Hmmm I wonder if flyers would help, the N. Koreans are pretty clueless about life outside their box. I imagine they'd be told it was all lies, but we might get through to some of them... Saw a video where some who'd escaped were talking about living in NK and what had changed in their world view since they got out. One of the things they'd mentioned was they had no clue what an American flag looked like - after they escaped they realized that America had been sending them food and stuff for their entire lives...

Yes previous democratic administrations had no problem with feeding our enemy.

US Humanitarian Aid Goes to North Korea Despite Nuclear Tensions

Yes previous democratic administrations had no problem with feeding our enemy.

US Humanitarian Aid Goes to North Korea Despite Nuclear Tensions

I say we might as well make use of it now eh? I suppose Kimmy would say it's an attack... I wonder how the rest of the world would opine...

'Has North Korea just developed an H-bomb for its missiles? They say they have and to deny it would be reckless...time and again we have seen the analysts wrong about the N. Korean military potential.

Yet...............Using nuclear weapons against North Korea is a terrible idea. More than 70 years after the first and only use of nuclear weapons in combat, it seems odd to have to put this in writing, but the past several weeks of heightened tensions with North Korea have made it a necessity.

As the crisis on the Korean peninsula deepens, voices calling for military action to halt North Korea’s nuclear programme have grown stronger and bolder. Last week, Kevin James, a research fellow from the London School of Economics, went a step further, writing that the administration should “nuke North Korea now: it’s the only option”. His argument is based on the assumption that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is an irrational actor, and that nuclear deterrence is a not an option.

This ignores a fundamental reality. The United States has been in a deterrence relationship with North Korea for decades.'

6cee96c2-8c9e-11e7-9f40-4d9615941c08_1320x770_092624.jpg

'Since the suspension of the Korean war in 1953, North Korea has held Seoul, the world’s fourth-largest metropolis, and home to roughly 25 million people, hostage. Pyongyang has thousands of artillery pieces trained on the South Korean capital, a mere 40km south of the border with North Korea. Shells fired from those batteries can reach their targets in roughly 45 seconds. That puts close to 35,000 US troops and 100,000 American civilians directly in harm’s way should a major conflict break out on the Korean peninsula.

To make matters worse, North Korea possesses one of the largest stockpiles of chemical weapons in the world, and can deploy these toxins on an array of artillery shells and missiles. All of South Korea, Japan, and the vast majority of US military assets in the region are well within the range of these weapons. Within minutes of a US military strike, hundreds of these weapons would be launched at both civilian and military targets, inflicting devastating casualties, and causing significant delays in the arrival of American reinforcements to the Korean peninsula.

Thus realists understand there will be no U.S. military action against N. Korea....it is just bluster designed to eventually get a sit down with the N. Korean leader to negotiate some sort of arrangement....meaning we will have to live with a nuclear armed N. Korea. That is reality.'

Our only real hope of protection from N. Korea is to perfect a anti-missile system which may be years away.

In the meantime we should develp the best possible strike plan for N. Korea just in case they go absolutely nuts and launch an attack against the U.S. We must be prepared for the devastation that such an event would cause...definitely in S. Korea and Japan but very likely for our West Coast particuarly and perhaps the entire nation....we have entered a very dangerous era for America...people need to understand that and civil defense measures must be enacted like never before.
US military strike against North Korea would be disastrous
Nobody has the stones to admit reality: sometimes, nerve gas REALLY IS the right tool for the job. This is one of those times. No fallout, no radiation, totally gone in a month or two.

Forum List

Back