Whose lives matter?

Whose lives matter?

• Black lives matter

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • All lives matter

Votes: 22 88.0%

• Total voters
Its actually dumb to say since you cant read minds.

Don't have to the sheer numbers are all that's needed to make the determination
The sheer numbers of what? You have some numbers that say people feel it doesnt matter when others die?
The sheer numbers of people who have already lived and died

In the grand scheme of things none of those deaths have effected the human race or the planet

Millions of people have died in the past week how many of them have effected you?

Stop focusing on your self and look at the big picture

I never said some people didn't feel it if someone dies I said in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter
Thats whats called moving the goal posts. You originally said. "It's safe to say in the grand scheme of things no one's life matters all that much." That makes zero sense. If people dying didnt effect other people why are their funerals? Why was everyone so up in arms over the Paris bombings?
Every day in Detroit a black shoots another black and no sharpton or Jessie Jackson shows up but one cop shoots a guy in ferguson.

I'm not defending the cop but where are your priorities?
My priorities are to stop the people we pay to catch criminals from being criminals and shooting Black people with impunity. Once we get the trust restored between the cops and the Black communities then we can go after the small minority of Black criminals. I sometimes wonder how people that claim to be thinking adults think that cops shooting people, trafficking drugs, harassing non criminal Blacks, planting shit on people etc. fosters and environment where the Black community will work with the cops willingly.

Is this the Ray Lewis that was implicated in a murder case? The ex football player? Since Ray is living behind a buffer of celebrity I dont take what he says seriously. Obviously he doesnt understand what BLM means like lots of white people. He obviously also has no clue about the various groups and movements to curtail Black on Black violence even though they have nothing to do with the point of BLM. I wonder if people are being deliberately obtuse to deflect to another subject or they just dont get the point that BLM is pointing out the constant attack of the police on Black people?
He said that you guys are crying because 1 or 2 blacks get shot by cops but you don't seem to give a damn when 1000 blacks are killed by other black civilians. Many of us have said this not just Ray. You claim the black community is on top of this? You claim they are addressing these problems?
I know what he said but like I pointed out he has no clue about what constitutes facts and his limited view of the facts. Yes the Black community is addressing these problems. I belong to a group of Black professionals from the hood that addresses these problems
So all that bullshit for the last month where you were denying there is a problem, that was just pride fucking with you, right? It was making me so mad you pretending that the black community doesn't have a violent crime problem. I was like, "What fucking planet does this guy live on". LOL.
I never denied there was a problem. I told you to take care of your problems in the white community. How did you take that as a denial?
I wanted your opinion on what bill Clinton said.

" how do you characterize a gang leader who gets 13 year old boys hopped up on crack and send them to murder other African American children. You're defending the people who killed the lives you say matter.
I dont get what that has to do with the point. How many times do you have to be told that BLM is addressing police brutality and the police criminal activity in the Black community? Anything other than that is a deflection from the point that BLM was never intended to address Black on Black crime. To answer your question though I would feel the same way I do when white meth dealers kill their people.

There are 7 billion people on the planet and orders of magnitude more have lived and died

It's safe to say in the grand scheme of things no one's life matters all that much

The sheer numbers of what? You have some numbers that say people feel it doesnt matter when others die?

In the grand scheme of things none of those deaths have effected the human race or the planet

Millions of people have died in the past week how many of them have effected you?

I never said some people didn't feel it if someone dies I said in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter
Thats whats called moving the goal posts. You originally said. "It's safe to say in the grand scheme of things no one's life matters all that much." That makes zero sense. If people dying didnt effect other people why are their funerals? Why was everyone so up in arms over the Paris bombings?

I didn't move anything

People are born and die every day and none it effects you so for the most part all those lives and deaths have no effect on you or on anyone else for that matter so in the grand scheme of things a person's death doesn't matter

Funerals are a superstitious rite that we still cling to like religion or knocking on wood.
I don't know about you but I wasn't up in arms about the Paris Bombings. None of those deaths meant anything to me and unless you personally knew someone they didn't matter to you either
Violence is inevitable whenever people are involved and since there are 7 billion people on this rock why are you surprised that there was a bombing?

I didn't move anything

People are born and die every day and none it effects you so for the most part all those lives and deaths have no effect on you or on anyone else for that matter so in the grand scheme of things a person's death doesn't matter

Funerals are a superstitious rite that we still cling to like religion or knocking on wood.
I don't know about you but I wasn't up in arms about the Paris Bombings. None of those deaths meant anything to me and unless you personally knew someone they didn't matter to you either
Violence is inevitable whenever people are involved and since there are 7 billion people on this rock why are you surprised that there was a bombing?

Thats amazingly bad logic. "It didnt matter to me so therefore everyone feels the same way as I do". I guess since I think opera is shitty music then that means everyone else feels the same? :laugh:

Every day in Detroit a black shoots another black and no sharpton or Jessie Jackson shows up but one cop shoots a guy in ferguson.

My priorities are to stop the people we pay to catch criminals from being criminals and shooting Black people with impunity. Once we get the trust restored between the cops and the Black communities then we can go after the small minority of Black criminals. I sometimes wonder how people that claim to be thinking adults think that cops shooting people, trafficking drugs, harassing non criminal Blacks, planting shit on people etc. fosters and environment where the Black community will work with the cops willingly.

We've all seen bad cops go too far. I've had bad/mean/bully cops act inappropriately with me too I agree we need to retrain the cops. But this idea that first you have to be assured that the cops are nice before you start cleaning up your streets is laughable. I say we need to let blacks police blacks. Lets see them do a better job of it. And I still trust cops even though I know they are assholes. Because when I need one they are there for me. They are there for you too. You just don't like them when they give you a ticket or bully you. I totally get that. But THAT is not the problem with the black community. You remind me of ISIS. What you really want isn't clear. We just know you are angry and violent. What can we do to make you stop? Really? Make the cops nice will make you guys less violent? I call BULLSHIT!

Young Black Men Killed by U.S. Police at Highest Rate in Year of 1,134 Deaths

Despite only being 2% of the total US population, African American Males between 15-34 make up 15% of all death by cops last year.

But wait a minute! You say percentages don't matter, remember? So I guess we don't have a problem with cops picking on black men because they only make up 15% of the people who got killed last year.

You can't have it both ways. Before you said % didn't matter but how much do you want to bet you'll understand now that percentages do matter, because now the statistics back up your argument that you are disproportionately being picked on.

1 in every 65 deaths of a young black man in America is by a cop. How many of those killed are bad guys? Article doesn't say. AND, how come black people don't care about the other 64 deaths that were probably black on black? Seems only the 1 in every 65 matter.

I didn't move anything

Thats amazingly bad logic. "It didnt matter to me so therefore everyone feels the same way as I do". I guess since I think opera is shitty music then that means everyone else feels the same? :laugh:
I never said anyone feels the same way I do

Tell me how was your life changed by the people getting killed in Paris? A lot, a little, not at all?

I'll put money on not at all just like all those other deaths that happen every day that you don't know about

So like I said in the grand scheme of things it matters not who dies

I didn't move anything

Tell me how was your life changed by the people getting killed in Paris? A lot, a little, not at all?

I'll put money on not at all just like all those other deaths that happen every day that you don't know about

This is why I don't care about abortion.

All lives matter of course. The fact that this nonsensical "Black Lives Matters" gets any play is abhorrent, it is divisive and plays to fear mongers and opportunists. A tired play on a hackneyed theme.
All lives matter, but the Black Lives Matter movement is not wrong, either, imo. It is not divisive to point out long standing divisions in our society. I tend to be more moderate than extremists from any camp, but BLM does have a point. Take a breath, try to listen.

All lives matter of course. The fact that this nonsensical "Black Lives Matters" gets any play is abhorrent, it is divisive and plays to fear mongers and opportunists. A tired play on a hackneyed theme.
All lives matter, but the Black Lives Matter movement is not wrong, either, imo. It is not divisive to point out long standing divisions in our society. I tend to be more moderate than extremists from any camp, but BLM does have a point. Take a breath, try to listen.
Interesting this has been going on in one form or another. Starting with a group of outliers does little when the tempers high. These people should find a way to make changes within the system

Interesting this has been going on in one form or another. Starting with a group of outliers does little when the tempers high. These people should find a way to make changes within the system
Possibly. I wouldn't know how long/hard they tried before going militant on the world. They have to find a reasonable mouthpiece who doesn't send everyone into a tizzy who can reach those who are willing to listen. But it has to be someone who actually represents BLM, not some soap-smelling bullshit artist like our pols. Loud mouthed protesters turn off just about everyone except other loud mouths. I think, anyway.

Despite only being 2% of the total US population, African American Males between 15-34 make up 15% of all death by cops last year.

But wait a minute! You say percentages don't matter, remember? So I guess we don't have a problem with cops picking on black men because they only make up 15% of the people who got killed last year.

You can't have it both ways. Before you said % didn't matter but how much do you want to bet you'll understand now that percentages do matter, because now the statistics back up your argument that you are disproportionately being picked on.
Percentages dont matter and yes I can have it both ways. 1 Black person killed by an entity we pay and trust to not be criminals themselves is too much and much more heinous and alarming than criminals actually being criminals. It takes someone with an exceptionally low IQ to not understand that. If the people supposedly protecting communities from criminals are in fact criminals themselves why is that OK to you?

I didn't move anything

You said that lives dont matter as if it was some universal truth. Youre lacking in logic.

What does my life changing have to do with the point? My life doesnt have to change for it to matter. You have terrible logic and tenuous grasp on how to express yourself.

This has been the mantra of whites since the emancipation proclamation. "Just wait and work within the racist system." Sorry but thats a bunch of bull shit. As long as you work within the system your enemies come up with new ways to stop you. Changing awareness is what works just like the civil rights protests of the 60's. Unfortunately I think targeting whites for that awareness only helps a little. The bigger benefit is with the Black community.

I didn't move anything

You said that lives dont matter as if it was some universal truth. Youre lacking in logic.

What does my life changing have to do with the point? My life doesnt have to change for it to matter. You have terrible logic and tenuous grasp on how to express yourself.

It is a universal truth in that the universe doesn't give a flying fuck if we live or die

I said no ones life matters in the grand scheme of things
In the microcosm of your circle one or several might but to say they all do is a flat out lie

Percentages dont matter and yes I can have it both ways. 1 Black person killed by an entity we pay and trust to not be criminals themselves is too much and much more heinous and alarming than criminals actually being criminals. It takes someone with an exceptionally low IQ to not understand that. If the people supposedly protecting communities from criminals are in fact criminals themselves why is that OK to you?
I agree. I think the police need to be completely reformed. And if there's a traffic stop they should have a robot go up to the car and give the ticket or breathalyzer. That would take the human element out of the equation. Everything should be on video.

Try lipping off to the robot. It won't care.

Other than traffic stops, cops really only have to deal with crime and domestic disturbances. And if you don't like or trust the cops don't call them.

The other day you said the black community is taking steps to fix it's high crime problem and it's fatherless epidemic. I said it isn't noticeable and you guys said go to an NAACP meeting and see. Well I said I don't think they're doing enough. Couldn't the same be said in reverse? I'm sure the cops are trying to fix their image with the black community too. Maybe you guys should go to a police meeting and listen to what they have to say?

Seems like you guys are the Palestinians and we are the Jews. I see us Jews don't treat you like equals but you keep lobbing mortars into Jerusalem

During the Democratic presidential debate a question from a young black man, " via Facebook" was
“Black lives matter or all lives matter.”

What say you?

I'm a Black and my opinion is that all lives matter...in order to bring others to the viewpoint that all lives matter I would understand someone(s) trying to put emphasis on Black to bring Blacks up to equal standing.

I am not a member of Black Lives Matter. In fact I'm not involved with any race based struggle.

klan2.jpg

Forum List

Back