Whose Fault Is The "Muslim Question" About BHO?

He's not a Muslim, but I think he believes, and probably can, associate with them on a different level because of his heritage and time spent as a child in Indonesia. I don't know how committed of a Christian he is, but based on how he's handled himself since breaking away from Wright, I don't think he's made much effort to commune with another congregation. It looks like more than ever that Wright, along with his network, was used for political expediency when Obama was attempting to establish and gain credibility within the community. He's got the top job now, so he no longer has to prove anything to anyone.

Yeah. Tell the Muslims that.

Ok. Hey Muslims, in America, we have the freedom to say "middle finger" to your laws, and a person is not bound by your laws if they don't decide to be. That's freedom. That's America. Obama's not a Muslim. He's an American.

He's not a Muslim, but I think he believes, and probably can, associate with them on a different level because of his heritage and time spent as a child in Indonesia. I don't know how committed of a Christian he is, but based on how he's handled himself since breaking away from Wright, I don't think he's made much effort to commune with another congregation. It looks like more than ever that Wright, along with his network, was used for political expediency when Obama was attempting to establish and gain credibility within the community. He's got the top job now, so he no longer has to prove anything to anyone.

I actually agree with the above.

I'm an ass man, myself. :eek:

By Muslim law, he should be a Muslim, as his father was.

By claiming he's not, he essentially puts a big bull's eye on his back. He's considered an apostate, which is the lowest of the low in Islam. Apostasy is the only crime for which the punishment (death) can't be mitigated.

Are you personally in favor of him being appropriately punished?

I dunno what Obama is.. and I'm getting a headache thinking about it. I will say this... he's the first politicisn in my life that it seems so foggy as to who he really is.

Good, bad.. I dunno.

If you are a black politician serving in a predominantly black community, the best way to connect to your constituents is to attend a predominantly black church.

Black Churches are more than just places to worship god.They are meeting places, places to talk about black issues, the place to network with the black community. Black Churches were at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement. That is why they were bombed so often.

I don't happen to believe that Obama is particularly religious. Like many men, he attended Church where his wife attended. I also doubt that Presidents Nixon, Reagan, George HW Bush or Clinton were particularly religious either. But as president, you have to get your churchgoing ticket punched

Last edited:

If you are a black politician serving in a predominantly black community, the best way to connect to your constituents is to attend a predominantly black church.

Black Churches are more than just places to worship god.They are meeting places, places to talk about black issues, the place to network with the black community. Black Churches were at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement. That is why they were bombed so often.

I don't happen to believe that Obama is particularly religious. Like many men, he attended Church where his wife attended. I also doubt that Presidents Nixon, Reagan, George HW Bush or Clinton were particularly religious either. But as president, you have to get your churchgoing ticket punched
Probably this .

I'm an ass man, myself. :eek:

?????

One minute he is Christian, the next mocking the Bible, Next He is Muslim, Next he is Christian. One he is only saying what people want to hear. Two he is not a man of true faith. Funny though how he never mocks the Quran and he said that America is not a Christian country, denounces National Prayer Day and then goes to a mosque to pray.

The fault is with the political climate of today. If it was not this it would have been a hundred other attempts to denigrate him. When policy is hidden, or in many ways the same in both parties, the only tool left is schoolyard banter.

I wrote a spoof on suppose Obama had Palin's family. Well you know muggers just do that sort of thing and Muslims too. LMAO

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/61091-life-in-a-parallel-universe.html

One minute he is Christian, the next mocking the Bible, Next He is Muslim, Next he is Christian. One he is only saying what people want to hear. Two he is not a man of true faith. Funny though how he never mocks the Quran and he said that America is not a Christian country, denounces National Prayer Day and then goes to a mosque to pray.

Let's see the verbeage of him mocking the bible, with all of its surrounding text, and have an intelligent discussion.

Obama had a Muslim biological father from Kenya and also a Muslim stepfather from Indonesia and a communist mother who took him to Indonesia where he attended a madras. Where does the Christianity part come from? Was it from the rev. wright black theology 'wing of g*d d*m# America, Americas chickens have come home to roost' faction? Besides doesn't Obama say he wasn't present for all the incendiary sermons at Rev. Wright's church. Either he's lying about the attendance or his faith.

Obama had a Muslim biological father from Kenya and also a Muslim stepfather from Indonesia and a communist mother who took him to Indonesia where he attended a madras. Where does the Christianity part come from? Was it from the rev. wright black theology 'wing of g*d d*m# America, Americas chickens have come home to roost' faction? Besides doesn't Obama say he wasn't present for all the incendiary sermons at Rev. Wright's church. Either he's lying about the attendance or his faith.

His Father was an atheist, he was only over there for school for an eye-blink, and he's an American Citizen where he's free to be whatever the fuck Religion he chooses....................................he eats pork, his daughters are baptized and he attended a Catholic Church, and you can agree or disagree it's a catholic church all you'd like.....there's a Christ on the alter. :doubt:

Let's see the verbeage of him mocking the bible, with all of its surrounding text, and have an intelligent discussion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhwduyiqeCU]YouTube - Obama Mocking the Bible[/ame]

Thanks for so eloquently stating the position of the right wing conservatives

You have done us all a service

Petition to Demand Obama Apologize For Mocking God

With all due respect, this video is a disgusting display of ignorance and an obligation to faith over reason. It starts off by saying that Obama is explaining why it is hard to use the Bible as a moral code (specifically for government). As evidence of the difficulty, Obama cites some passages that people don’t really like to acknowledge – those that require stoning, require men to stay away from their wives during that time of the month, forbid men to have long hair, forbid wearing clothing made out of two types of material, etc. This seems like a very logical reason for a document to be a troubling moral compass, especially for government. If we cannot clearly apply all of the moral lessons of the Bible, how are we to determine which we will use? His citing of the specific books of the Bible was not mocking and it was not ridicule: it was true. All he did was cite some of the commands within those books. If revealing what something says constitutes ridicule, then perhaps we need to reexamine the information held within that source. And how were his statements arrogant? The narrator of the video later on guarantees what Jesus would and would not want. What could be more arrogant than claiming to understand the will of something supposedly so far beyond our understanding? Yes, he said people haven’t been reading their Bibles. This is statistically true. The majority of Christians, and the majority of people, has not read the Bible all of the way through. I have, multiple times. There are some truly disturbing passages alongside passages of great beauty. But Obama is correct: the Bible is, at best, a dubious moral compass and the majority of people cannot tell you about those passages. The narrator’s statement about the inspirational nature of The Sermon is a total non sequitur. Just because The Sermon contains the most inspirational passages does not change that there may be aspects that would not be useful for application within the government. I could write a very beautiful book that is totally accurate about how one should run one’s household but then end it with saying, “And you should always give each other ten slaps before bed.” Now, the book may still be beautiful and inspirational, but there are clearly aspects that I am going to choose not to follow. Yes, Deuteronomy contained the Ten Commandments. First off, President Obama never said that the entire book was useless, but rather stated that you cannot use the entire book, due to reasons he gave earlier. Secondly, do you really want to make the Ten Commandments part of the government in its totality? Let’s see, people who disrespect their parents must suffer jail terms; using the Lord’s name in vain is a $100,000 fine (even though that violates the 1st Amendment); the entire country must shut-down on Sunday so that we may keep the Sabbath; everyone of a different religion is jailed. Does this sound like a good idea?

This video is so disturbing because most people will agree with it without attempting a little thought. If one thought about this, one might realize that this was not mockery, but accuracy. Do you truly believe the entire Bible should be taken and applied literally? If you don’t, then Obama said nothing that you yourself do not agree with.

Thanks for so eloquently stating the position of the right wing conservatives

You have done us all a service

And thank you for representing your position as a liberal. A reminder that we need change at the next election.

Forum List

Back