Whose Fault Is The "Muslim Question" About BHO?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Are the people that were queried by Pew ignorant, as so many want to argue now? I don't think so. The question of his religion choice controversy, was of his own making. Personally, I don't think he's religious, at all. Not Christian, not Muslim.

Obama has himself to blame for Muslim problem | Washington Examiner

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    I disagree that it was of his own making, that was Hillary who started the rumors and innuendo circulating. But I can see how in some people's eyes his words and actions haven't helped. It depends how you view Muslims, really. And whether you have the "with us or against us" mentality.

I'm not thrilled with a lot of things Obama's done, but for me personally I have no reason to disbelieve his own words on something so private and personal as his faith. For a bunch of people who often try to claim we know nothing about him, the people who are sure he's a Muslim seem to think they know a hell of a lot.

3. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,046
    Typical of what happens when people resort to ad hominem attacks to justify why they disagree with someone. Its basically the same thing that happened with Bush, who according to the hard left was both an evil genius trying to bring Facism to the US and a drooling blithering idiot at the same exact time.

4. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    A little contradictory there too, isn't it? :lol:

And yet some people believed it wholeheartedly. I'll jump on the anti-media bandwagon here too, and hand them some of the blame. Whether it's tv, radio, or a big chunk of the blogosphere, media has tended to jump more and more on these ad homs as "news" and argue their target audience's "side" rather than put out the time and shoe leather to report facts. I chalk it up to greed and laziness, with some incompetence thrown in for good measure.

And yes, I blame both sides. It just happens to be a D in the Oval Office right now.

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    The people who are stupid enough to believe this, are to blame. End of discussion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,508
    Has anyone ever questioned his Muslim roots?

I always thought that in this country you get to decide your own religious affiliation. How can the same Republicans who decried his affiliation with Rev Wrights Christian Church, turn around and say they think he is a Muslim?

7. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,581
    It's not his fault. He "sat in a church" blah blah blah. And, he eats pork. End of story, his daughters are baptized blah blah blah.

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    By Muslim law, he should be a Muslim, as his father was.

By claiming he's not, he essentially puts a big bull's eye on his back. He's considered an apostate, which is the lowest of the low in Islam. Apostasy is the only crime for which the punishment (death) can't be mitigated.

9. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    US president has to excorcise himself in-front of US public of any Muslim roots.
    Tells a lot in itself.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Ooh ooh... I know! I know!

rightwingnut conspiracists who think it's a way to fire up their 'base' and will whine about him going to Rev Wright's church for 20 years cause they can't make up their minds).

(regardless of where it started, the loons keep it going... and going...and going....)

[​IMG]

p.s. the answer to the question of whether he is a muslim should be 'who gives a flying'?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010