Whose Fault Is It?

This is how I see things: an argument has grown heated and many of us, including me, are guilty of raising the volume. Shouting, using bad language, attacking the motives of those who disagree, etc. We add to the panic and anxiety of our readers at times.

In THAT way, I think we all share some blame, and personally, I hope to do better.

Meanwhile, if the shooter really is mentally ill, I guess the law will cope. Insanity defenses are very rare, and even more rarely successful....and I would no more agree to spend time in a criminal forensic hospital than in Hell.

Madeline Theres only one person that is to blame and that is JARED LOUGHNER no one else is to be blamed.

I could be wrong, bigreb, but I think fewer deranged people would pick up a gun and shoot a politican if we didn't speak to each other with such derision when politics are discussed.

I am appalled at how this tragedy is being politicized and blamed on anyone but the shooter.

I've looked at several threads.....

There are some members here, and I am not going to mention names, that need to just grow up and see this for what it is. A tragedy of the greatest proportions.... I mean holy crap people, a 9 yr old little girl was shot and killed... I have a daughter that age.

This was an act of a deranged idiot and NOTHING MORE.

I have been out in my garage working on my trucks all day listening to the radio and just heard about this in passing. I pull up just check out whats up on USMB (my favorite lil pass time) and what do I see, but this stupidity....

Screw this..... Im going to bed. :wtf:
I tryed to point that out from the begining, but was drown into the fray.

This is how I see things: an argument has grown heated and many of us, including me, are guilty of raising the volume. Shouting, using bad language, attacking the motives of those who disagree, etc. We add to the panic and anxiety of our readers at times.

In THAT way, I think we all share some blame, and personally, I hope to do better.

Meanwhile, if the shooter really is mentally ill, I guess the law will cope. Insanity defenses are very rare, and even more rarely successful....and I would no more agree to spend time in a criminal forensic hospital than in Hell.

Madeline Theres only one person that is to blame and that is JARED LOUGHNER no one else is to be blamed.

I could be wrong, bigreb, but I think fewer deranged people would pick up a gun and shoot a politican if we didn't speak to each other with such derision when politics are discussed.

Polkitical figures have been shot at killed and maimed long before the internet and political talk shows came along.

The fault lies with the person who planned and carried out this atrocious act.
or persons

just heard a report they have found a suspicious package at her office

Right. They say another person was likely involved.

This congress woman sounds as if she is independent. She is pro-gun ownership rights, voted against Pelosi, pro-life, fiscally conservative Democrat. She sounds like someone I would vote for.

a graphic she had on her facebook page targeting 20 congressional democrats for election defeat
this is the spin to make it Sarah Palin's fault

its sickening because the SHOOTER is the one at fault

Palin is a major offender, Divey, but not the only one. Does it help civilize the debate when Olbermann designates someone "The Worst Person In The World"?

There's enough blame to go around.

Maddie, you have made it clear you do not like her, and to each their own, no big deal....

But you don't really believe the ad and the shooting have a connection, do you?

No, I don't. But it's like shouting at two people in a bar who're angry at each other. If only one of the bystanders does this, it will likely have no effect. If all of them do, it will raise the probablity of a fight greatly....and in my opinion, damned near all our public figures do.

Left, right and center.

The fault lies with the person who planned and carried out this atrocious act.
or persons

just heard a report they have found a suspicious package at her office

Right. They say another person was likely involved.

This congress woman sounds as if she is independent. She is pro-gun ownership rights, voted against Pelosi, pro-life, fiscally conservative Democrat. She sounds like someone I would vote for.
shes a former republican, but she wasnt pro-life

A very very sad day for America and democracy

What if it had been Cheney?

Killler identified: Jared Loughner. He is 22. September 1988. Here’s a photo of Jared at a book fair.

He was reportedly left-wing, quite liberal.
** His favorite books: Communist Manifesto, Mein Kampf
10 Patients- 1 has died. Several – Five are in critical condition.
The Congresswoman is in critical condition. She was shot in the head one time.
Channel 9 WSYR reported:
Congressional officials say an aide to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has died after an attack in Tucson, Arizona.
A hospital official there says the congresswoman herself is alive but in critical condition after being shot in the head.
The AP reports that the gunman is identified as Jared Laughner; he is in custody.
From Jared’s YouTube account.
His name is spelled Loughner:
I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.
Interests:
My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
Movies:
(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)
Music:
Pass me the strings!
Books:
I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver’s Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.
In this favorite video at his YouTube account the US flag is torched.

you sure like to cherry pick dont you? two books out of how many? what point are you trying to prove?

Actually the shooter was a drug head, not a crazy so to speak.

No, the man is pretty obviously nuts.

And according to what I've read he smoked pot.

No doubt he was a gun owner, too.

Can we conclude therefore either that owning guns or smoking pot makes one a killer?

No, we obviously cannot.

Tens of millions of American smoke pot and/or own guns who have not killed people.

And FWIW, millions of people also are schizophrenic and they do not kill people, either.

A very very sad day for America and democracy

What if it had been Cheney?

Killler identified: Jared Loughner. He is 22. September 1988. Here’s a photo of Jared at a book fair.

He was reportedly left-wing, quite liberal.
** His favorite books: Communist Manifesto, Mein Kampf
10 Patients- 1 has died. Several – Five are in critical condition.
The Congresswoman is in critical condition. She was shot in the head one time.
Channel 9 WSYR reported:
Congressional officials say an aide to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has died after an attack in Tucson, Arizona.
A hospital official there says the congresswoman herself is alive but in critical condition after being shot in the head.
The AP reports that the gunman is identified as Jared Laughner; he is in custody.
From Jared’s YouTube account.
His name is spelled Loughner:
I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.
Interests:
My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
Movies:
(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)
Music:
Pass me the strings!
Books:
I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver’s Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.
In this favorite video at his YouTube account the US flag is torched.

you sure like to cherry pick dont you? two books out of how many? what point are you trying to prove?

You seem educated and probably well read.
Would you list those two on your list of favorite books?
He seems a little twisted to me, but if you disagree it's fine with me.
Each to his own...........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq38Nnf4pOw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Olbermann blamed Palin, Jesse Kelley, Allen West, Bill O’Reilly, Sharron Angle, the tea party and Glenn Beck for the shootings

Here's one that appears on this page of the Democratic Leadership Committee website (dated 2004 during the Bush years):

So what do you think about this map?
Each one of those red targets represents a “Targeted Republican” like this one:
DCCC-targeted-republican.jpg
There’s even a helpful legend that makes it clear that’s precisely what the little red targets represent:
You’ll never guess where I found this map. That’s right, it’s on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) website. They launched the site and the map on February 23rd of this last year, making it just over a month year old.

Oh my!!!

The liberal Daily Kos put a bullseye on Giffords in 2008 (via HillBuzz):

Excellent finds, Capitalist. But it underscores what I said....we ALL have a share in the degraded hysteria that passes for political debate in this country. We should have spoken out against using gun sights in images before this happened, and we didn't.

Doesn't matter who uses the imagery. It should not be allowed to pass without negative comment.

Forum List

Back