WHOO HOO! Keystone to build from Oklahoma to Gulf

This is a victory.

Whoopsies. Meant to hit preview.

And now of all things the President is "welcoming" this plan.:lol:

WASHINGTON — U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday applauded a decision by Calgary-based TransCanada Corp. to build the most southern portion of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline as a stand-alone project that does not need U.S. State Department approval.

"The president welcomes today's news that TransCanada plans to build a pipeline to bring crude oil from Cushing, Oklahoma, to the Gulf of Mexico," White House press secretary Jay Carney said in a statement.

The plan will "help address the bottleneck of oil" in the U.S. Midwest that has resulted from increased domestic production.

"We look forward to working with TransCanada to ensure that it is built in a safe, responsible and timely manner, and we commit to take every step possible to expedite the necessary federal permits," Carney said.

Obama 'welcomes' plan to build southern Keystone leg

How gullible you are.

How so? Keystone III is a win win for both our countries.

First off the mark, I don't want to behead you.

Secondly no one is lined up to fly planes into any of your buildings.

Thirdly there is no rush to purchase suicide bomber vests from any one up here to walk into a Walmart and blow up a batch of you because you want and need our oil.

I'd say that's a win win.

Especially with the HUGE drop in gas prices that will come when the pipeline is done.

Nor did your Cornell study because the point being made was jobs. But by all means, change the subject. It's so much easier than admitting one doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. Even the most leftwing sources admit supply is way up while demand is way down, so what is exported isn't that much of a consideration right now. The idea of a free market that actually puts people to work so that they can earn money that will boost the economy is something the folks really don't deal with in your Cornell study. And we have already pretty much shown they were very off track in their assessment of how many jobs are at stake.

pages 7-8 WITH footnotes. :eusa_whistle: When are you going to read it :eusa_eh:

Sorry. Didn't you think I would check it out? Not even close let alone no cigar.

This Cornell study is such bullshit it makes you want to bazooka barf.

BTW though did you see where TC is promising and they live up to their promises of 70 or 75 percent in the materials used to build the pipeline will be American made.

The morons who are trying to believe desperately that a thousands long pipeline are not going to employ more than 3 people are nothing short of stupid or insane.

This benefits everyone right across the line.

How gullible you are.

How so? Keystone III is a win win for both our countries.

First off the mark, I don't want to behead you.

Secondly no one is lined up to fly planes into any of your buildings.

Thirdly there is no rush to purchase suicide bomber vests from any one up here to walk into a Walmart and blow up a batch of you because you want and need our oil.

I'd say that's a win win.

Especially with the HUGE drop in gas prices that will come when the pipeline is done.

No one is saying this is a "magic" moment. But it is a step in the right direction.

Currently they are burning Obama in effigy all across the ME and in Pakistan. We aren't.

I have no intention even though I really disagree with a lot of Obama's policies to go out in the back yard tonight and light a fire under some giant doll with Obama's face on it in my back acreage.

pages 7-8 WITH footnotes. :eusa_whistle: When are you going to read it :eusa_eh:

Sorry. Didn't you think I would check it out? Not even close let alone no cigar.

BTW though did you see where TC is promising and they live up to their promises of 70 or 75 percent in the materials used to build the pipeline will be American made.

The morons who are trying to believe desperately that a thousands long pipeline are not going to employ more than 3 people are nothing short of stupid or insane.

link?

They will get the whole thing eventually and Obama will approve it. Making a political blow-up of this was stupid, now everyone has an opinion and a political stake and will try to horn in on the action. If this pipeline is such a good idea, why did they use it for a cheap political trap for the president?

If he had approved it AFTER 3 years of study and BEFORE there was any political cache in this at all, it would have revealed him to be a sensible thinking individual instead of the bought and paid for political hack that the is.

This is a victory.

Whoopsies. Meant to hit preview.

And now of all things the President is "welcoming" this plan.:lol:

WASHINGTON — U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday applauded a decision by Calgary-based TransCanada Corp. to build the most southern portion of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline as a stand-alone project that does not need U.S. State Department approval.

"The president welcomes today's news that TransCanada plans to build a pipeline to bring crude oil from Cushing, Oklahoma, to the Gulf of Mexico," White House press secretary Jay Carney said in a statement.

The plan will "help address the bottleneck of oil" in the U.S. Midwest that has resulted from increased domestic production.

"We look forward to working with TransCanada to ensure that it is built in a safe, responsible and timely manner, and we commit to take every step possible to expedite the necessary federal permits," Carney said.

Obama 'welcomes' plan to build southern Keystone leg

It's an Election Year. :)

This is expected.

The southern portion doesn't affect the Nebraska water supply.

As long as Keystone finds a way to get around the Nebraska water supply problem, I'm sure the President will approve the whole thing.

As far as gasoline prices go, however, the price of gas has risen to where it is because the oil companies have been shutting down refineries left and right.

Angry About High Gas Prices? Blame Shuttered Oil Refineries - Yahoo! Finance

It's astonishing how utterly clueless Liberal are and strive to remain.

There are more than 20,000 miles of pipeline carrying hazardous liquids and natural gas IN NEBRASKA right now today.

<snip>
There are some 20,090 miles of hazardous liquid and natural gas pipelines (includes interstate, intrastate, and distribution lines) in Nebraska.
Pipelines in Nebraska may include large-diameter lines carrying energy products to population centers, as well as small-diameter lines that may deliver natural gas to businesses and households in your neighborhood. The energy products carried in pipelines fuel our lives and our livelihoods. They heat our homes and schools, power our industrial base and enable our daily commutes.
<snip>

Nebraska Pipeline Association (NPA)

With all due respect the high price of our gas (mine too up here) is because of the taxes on it.

Every time drivers suffer, do you ever see a State government lower taxes to help their citizens?

Look this issue is right across the globe on taxation on such a necessity. I think when I was checking out the BBC (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) the Brits are currently paying 1.51 pound per liter.

That's mainly taxation. And it's wrong for any government world wide to penalize their citizens this way.

Back to the pipeline, I'm just glad that people are going to get the jobs they were counting on.

That is incorrect. The price of gas in the US is much cheaper than in other areas of the world.

The current rise in prices is a direct result of the oil companies shutting down refineries to increase profit.

Link?

That red state of Nebraska is holding up the pipeline?

Yes, it is.

The governor of Nebraska made a direct appeal to the President to stop the project, due to the imminent danger to almost the entirety of the state's water supply.

Another politician making a decision based on something not supported by the experts who said that the possibility of a problem was low.

Pay off?

There are more than 20,000 miles of pipeline carrying hazardous liquids and natural gas IN NEBRASKA right now today.

<snip>
There are some 20,090 miles of hazardous liquid and natural gas pipelines (includes interstate, intrastate, and distribution lines) in Nebraska.
Pipelines in Nebraska may include large-diameter lines carrying energy products to population centers, as well as small-diameter lines that may deliver natural gas to businesses and households in your neighborhood. The energy products carried in pipelines fuel our lives and our livelihoods. They heat our homes and schools, power our industrial base and enable our daily commutes.
<snip>

There's thousands of miles of "hazardous liquid and natural gas" above pretty much every state in the country.

However, none of them are a massive pipeline that can spill hundreds of thousands of gallons of "hazardous liquid" into a state's water supply in a relatively short amount of time.

So, you can keep repeating this talking point again and again all you want, it doesn't change anything.

link?

Apologies, I just saw your request. This is for Trans Canada's commitment to using as many US materials as possible.

I have to tell you I'm finding this whole fiasco crazy in the sense that Canada has been your best trading partner and loyal ally for forever (ok we helped the British burn down the President's home in Washington and you had to paint it white, but hey in the end you got the White House. And I am deeply sorry about Justin Bieber but I had no control on that. :eusa_angel:)

We've been countries joined at the hip for so long I really don't understand this new found hatred for Canucks and our business.

Here you go to the commitment.

Media Advisory - 75 Per Cent of Keystone XL Pipe would be 'Made in North America'

Calgary, Alberta - February 17, 2012 - TransCanada Corporation (TSX, NYSE: TRP) (TransCanada) confirmed today the vast majority of the pipe for Keystone XL would be manufactured in North America. In addition, the company intends to purchase approximately 90 per cent of all other goods for the $7.6 billion project from companies on the continent.

"Seventy-five per cent of the pipe used to build Keystone XL in the U.S. would come from North American mills, including half made by U.S. workers in Arkansas," said Alex Pourbaix, TransCanada's president, Energy and Oil Pipelines. "In addition, we have already sourced goods for the pipeline valued at approximately $800 million from U.S. manufacturers."

Pourbaix points out that the American Iron and Steel Institute recently sent a letter to the U.S House of Representatives and Senate stating its support of Keystone XL, describing it as vital to the national economic recovery. The Institute's member companies represent 80 per cent of both U.S. and North American steel capacity.

Media Advisory - 75 Per Cent of Keystone XL Pipe would be 'Made in North America'

<snip>
<snip>

There's thousands of miles of "hazardous liquid and natural gas" above pretty much every state in the country.

However, none of them are a massive pipeline that can spill hundreds of thousands of gallons of "hazardous liquid" into a state's water supply in a relatively short amount of time.

So, you can keep repeating this talking point again and again all you want, it doesn't change anything.

You really are unaware aren't you? You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I am a water conservationist. I didn't want the pipeline to go any where near the aquifer.

But it's one fucking big joke that all the "enviro weenies" wanted to stop this because of the Ogallala.

I hate bullshit. Get back to me when you can spew some truth. There are thousands of miles of pipelines already across the Ogallala.

And btw this is Phase III. Where was your caring for the planet soul for Phase I and Phase II?

Oh it wasn't an election year then was it? I see, a convenient political care about the environment in an election year kinda environmentalist.

Put on your pampers and get ready to shit yourself.

north_america_pipelines_map.jpg

Last edited:
This is expected.

The southern portion doesn't affect the Nebraska water supply.

As long as Keystone finds a way to get around the Nebraska water supply problem, I'm sure the President will approve the whole thing.

As far as gasoline prices go, however, the price of gas has risen to where it is because the oil companies have been shutting down refineries left and right.

Angry About High Gas Prices? Blame Shuttered Oil Refineries - Yahoo! Finance

there is no "water supply" problem ( the Ogallala Aquifer) its a smoke screen, we had this out......do we need ot go thru it again?

Another politician making a decision based on something not supported by the experts who said that the possibility of a problem was low.

Pay off?

OK, the governor of Nebraska, the duly elected leader of that state, made an appeal to the President to stop the pipeline from going through his state.

Yet, you apparently believe that the President should ignore the man who represents the people of Nebraska, in favor of an oil company.

Seriously, where are your priorities?

You really are unaware aren't you? You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I am a water conservationist. I didn't want the pipeline to go any where near the aquifer.

But it's one fucking big joke that all the "enviro weenies" wanted to stop this because of the Ogallala.

I hate bullshit. Get back to me when you can spew some truth. There are thousands of miles of pipelines already across the Ogallala.

And btw this is Phase III. Where was your caring for the planet soul for Phase I and Phase II?

Oh it wasn't an election year then was it? I see, a convenient political care about the environment in an election year kinda environmentalist.

Put on your pampers and get ready to shit yourself.

Yeah, obviously, you're right.

And the Republican Governor of Nebraska is obviously some far-left "enviro-weenie". :cuckoo:

Will the rw's aplogize when it turns out there are very few jobs, very little oil and it all goes on the world market?

Naw, they'll lie and say they never heard these FACTS. And then they'll blame President Obama.

Forum List

Back