Who would you snuff out?

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Let's say that, theoretically, you had the chance to erase one life from history. The person would never have been born. Who would you choose, why, and what would the effects be on the world today?

And no fair picking a member of the board! :p

I think in modern day...it would be Marilyn Manson. What effect would this have?? None other than Rose McGowan would still be a hottie to alot of people!! :)

I think mine would be Mohammed. I think it would be very interesting to see how the world would have turned out without the advent of Islam. For example, would the Near East have remained predominantly Christian? Would Hinduism have spread west? Would Zoroastrianism stil exist? Would the Arab peoples be united in any manner?

My first choice would be my old boss, Randal. That would be selfish though as it would mostly benefit just me.

To benefit everyone I would erase Barbara Streisand! I would save the world from that whiny bitch and save many people $300 a ticket to see her over inflated egotistical, fat ass! C'mon, $300 a pop? I wouldn't pay that much for ANY performer (unless their groupies were performing oral favors)

:D

God, there's so many. I gotta pick a few, sorry...

1. Fred Durst - Welcome to America, we make stars out of whiteboys who wear backwards baseball caps and say "motherf*cker" every other word in their lyrics! Also, he's been talking a lot of trash about Wes Borland, who was the only talented one in that band.

2. Scott Stapp - Lead singer of Creed. First of all, because that voice irritated me when Eddie Vedder used it 10 years ago, I don't need to hear it again. Second, because he's written three albums' worth of songs about the same thing, except for "With Arms Wide Open", which was just as pompous and corny as everything else (sorry, Jim, I know you like that one). Finally, because he claims to not care about his image at all, and yet I have not seen a video where he is not shirtless and greased up.

3. Carrot Top, Sinbad, and Carson Daly - Self-explanatory.

That was disturbingly entertaining.

I think mine would be Mohammed. I think it would be very interesting to see how the world would have turned out without the advent of Islam. For example, would the Near East have remained predominantly Christian? Would Hinduism have spread west? Would Zoroastrianism stil exist? Would the Arab peoples be united in any manner?

VERY interesting choice.

Let's say that, theoretically, you had the chance to erase one life from history. The person would never have been born. Who would you choose, why, and what would the effects be on the world today?

And no fair picking a member of the board! :p
damn...I have to pick only one? I have a whole list...but I'll go with 3 of 'em.

First pick: Tim's stuck up aunt (by marriage) that had the audacity to say that my and Tim's salaries were poverty level (about 2 years ago), nevermind we had a baby, a house, and 2 nice cars at the time. She sent an apology letter that was hardly it because she tried to retract her statement by saying she misquoted a newpaper article, and the whole thing was filled with 'but' this and 'but' that...total but-monkey letter. I can't stand her or her horrible cooking. We usually eat a full meal before going to her house for gatherings because we know that the food will be less than edible to normal, everyday people. Last year she had some West African dish that tasted like dirt. Apparently she sees something wrong with the traditional turkey and stuffing...

Second pick: Barbra Streisand (same as Jim) to save the world from having to endure anymore screeching and bitching from her.

Third Pick: Kim Jong Il...not so much killing him as a real good bitch-slapping and ass whooping.

I know people who still practice Zoroastrianism.

I'd have to say Hitler. It's a cliche thing, but I am curious what would our world be like if he had never been.

See the problem with this one is that the Islamic empire, which was actually advanced for its time, was highly responsible for a number of key elements that lead to the western revival. For example the they are responsible for preserving alot of the Greek and Roman classic works which was very key for the early thought in the rennaisance and reformation (although honestly im willing to bet if the Byzantine Empire survived it could have preserved them as well). More importantly, it lead to paper arriving in Europe. Without with there could have been no printing press and without that there would be very low literacy.

Of course, they also gave us algebra, so do what you feel you need to;)

Here's my thing with MTV: it started out good. Once we got into the whole rap generation, it started going to shit. So blame the president/owners from the mid 1990's and on!

You certainly have a point about it getting worse, but my contention is that music videos dealt a blow to music from day one. It became all about image, and not really much about talent, and certainly not about music. From Madonna to Milli Vanilli, and so on, it's been a boatload of nonsense for a long, long time.

Anyway, it's my snuffee- you can choose your own! ;) :D

Erasing one life from history... thats a tough one. Im kinda curious how China would have turned out if it werent for Cao Cao. So him.

Here's my thing with MTV: it started out good. Once we got into the whole rap generation, it started going to shit. So blame the president/owners from the mid 1990's and on!
it also depends on which kind of rap you are talking about...stuff that Will Smith, et al. did was actually fun to listen to. I admit I have a few bootleg songs from DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (Parents Just Don't Understand is my fave), and I listen to "Rapper's De Lite" every so often...I know what you're thinking: I'm such a dweeb.

When you start getting into the Snoop Dogg, Eminem, and Notorious BIG, etc., talking about banging bitches and hos and cop killing, then there's a whole different kind of rap-stuff that should not constitute as music. Kris Kross had more talent than those losers.

I like(d) watching music videos, just for the pure artistic part of it. I still remember watching Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract" for the first time and me and my girlfriends memorized the whole thing and made up a dance routine to it to use in the talent show...as did 4 other groups of girls. :rolleyes:

I remember staying up late in summer watching "Singled Out" and "Love Lines" ... Now you are lucky to see any relic of any kind of music video at all.

Since we are talking about killing musicians, how about Bob Dylan? Not because he sucks, he was great at one time. But before Dylan, singers were singers and songwriters wrote the songs. With his success every singer thought they should write their own songs and every songwriter thought they had to become a performer. This has led to many atrocities.

The music world would have been much healthier without this trend. And it's been going on for 45 years now!

Of course it's still nothing compared to rap, but I don't think we could kill one person and get rid of that.

Since we are talking about killing musicians, how about Bob Dylan? Not because he sucks, he was great at one time. But before Dylan, singers were singers and songwriters wrote the songs. With his success every singer thought they should write their own songs and every songwriter thought they had to become a performer. This has led to many atrocities.

The music world would have been much healthier without this trend. And it's been going on for 45 years now!

Of course it's still nothing compared to rap, but I don't think we could kill one person and get rid of that.

Interesting point about singers/songwriters. I don't think we should kill musicians, though. Their own guaranteed trip into obscurity is punishment enough. :D

Hmmmm... Who would I have wiped out from history ??? I would say 2 people. First of all Hitler and secondly Mao Zedong the Communist Creep.

Removing Hitler from the pages of history would have saved 5 million lives in the trenches and most importantly there wouldn't be a race to make the world's first atomic bomb. Lets say Hitler actually provoked America to research "fAT mAN" AND "Little Boy" as America was afraid Hitler would create the bomb first.

Secondly , removing Mao Zedong from history would drastically shift the power in Asia today. India and Japan would have been the only heavyweights of Asia. China wouldn't have nukes. China wouldn't be so shitty and have a pissed attitude. U.S wouldn't have to keep observing Chinese military movements through their satellites. It must be obserevd that Mao Zedong was the guy due to which China has so much strength today ( nuclear and economic).

AkShay

Forum List

Back