Who would have won a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson ?

Each in their prime, in a real-life fight with no gloves or weapons.

All due respect to Bruce Lee, I think Mike Tyson would have killed him.

Bruce Lee, and it would not have been close. If Tyson proved anything in his boxing career, it's that he folded under any real challenge. And after going 0-fer the first 100 punches and being kicked in the eyeballs a few hundred times, Tyson would lose his composure and focus.

This is fanboy stuff.

Bruce Lee, and it would not have been close. If Tyson proved anything in his boxing career, it's that he folded under any real challenge. And after going 0-fer the first 100 punches and being kicked in the eyeballs a few hundred times, Tyson would lose his composure and focus.

This is fanboy stuff.

The topic? No doubt! But I mean it honestly when I say Tyson would lose it, when faced with adversity. He lost it when he was head-butted. How you you think he would react to having his knee twisted into a pretzel, or a throat chop?

This is fanboy stuff.

The topic? No doubt! But I mean it honestly when I say Tyson would lose it, when faced with adversity. He lost it when he was head-butted. How you you think he would react to having his knee twisted into a pretzel, or a throat chop?

It's an assumption that he would have to react to those things.

Obviously this will never happen and so no one will ever know, but to assume "it would not have been close" that the much larger, stronger, more experienced fighter would lose is not a reasonable analysis.

And an informed one, at that. MMA fighters regularly use the oblique kick today, even. I don't think it would have been close, because I think Mike Tyson would lose his composure immediately. Just like virtually every time he faced a real challenge. So, I guess my fanboi analysis focuses more on the mental aspect.

And an informed one, at that. MMA fighters regularly use the oblique kick today, even. I don't think it would have been close, because I think Mike Tyson would lose his composure immediately. Just like virtually every time he faced a real challenge. So, I guess my fanboi analysis focuses more on the mental aspect.

Neither one of them were MMA fighters.

Right, but one focused on a martial art which made use of oblique kicks. You know, one of the martial arts in "mixed martial arts", the acronym.

Right, but one focused on a martial art which made use of oblique kicks. You know, one of the martial arts in "mixed martial arts", the acronym.

Boxing is a martial art, and Tyson had an almost unmatched amount of experience in comparison with a lot of good movies.

Of course wrestling is the greatest martial art, but that's another discussion.

If you guys still don't believe me, then watch Mayweather get pulverized, if he actually goes up against someone with a kicking game in the UFC.

If you guys still don't believe me, then watch Mayweather get pulverized, if he actually goes up against someone with a kicking game in the UFC.
Tyson grew up having to survive in gang fights in the streets of 1970's Brooklyn, one of the roughest places in the world at the time.
You honestly believe his only fighting techniques were taught to him by some old
white dude in a gym ?

And please reread the op before you keep arguing.

Tyson grew up having to survive in gang fights in the streets of 1970's Brooklyn, one of the roughest places in the world at the time.
Which I assure you was populated by precisely ZERO people with years of training and experience in kickboxing, or Jeet June do, or tae Kwon do, etc.

You guys must be on crack. Thiago Santos, for example, would have had Tyson in a heap within about 2 minutes.

So, Floyd Mayweather, arguably the greatest pound for pound boxer of all time, is hinting that he will accept a fight in the UFC.

Let's get our predictions on record.

Pro tip: if you predict anything other than Floyd Mayweather being kicked into a shivering blob on the ground, you're wrong.

Lives to argue about everything.
I see. So you started this thread in hopes that everyone would agree with you? Uh...maybe you need a mirror instead of a message board. ;)
You're free to read all the 9 pages of varying opinions iywt,.....just guessing I'd say it's about 60% for Lee, 40% for Tyson, or maybe 50/50, but next time I'll make it a poll just to be sure.

Forum List

Back