Who thinks Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged with manslaughter?

Should Zimmerman have been arrested and charged with manslaughter?

• yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • no

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Police said McClure freed himself, got in his car and then drove out in search of the suspects. He told police he planned to shoot out the tires of their getaway car to slow them down until officers arrived.
McClure found the teens at a nearby apartment complex and fired on Fluker when the teen turned toward him, fearing he was about to be shot with an automatic weapon, investigators said. They said the elderly man did not know that he struck the teen because the boy continued to run.
To all the lynch mob members should this man have been charged with at least second degree murder?

Police said McClure freed himself, got in his car and then drove out in search of the suspects. He told police he planned to shoot out the tires of their getaway car to slow them down until officers arrived.
McClure found the teens at a nearby apartment complex and fired on Fluker when the teen turned toward him, fearing he was about to be shot with an automatic weapon, investigators said. They said the elderly man did not know that he struck the teen because the boy continued to run.
To all the lynch mob members should this man have been charged with at least second degree murder?

Where is the lynch Mob?

This is the kind of thing the Stand Your Ground law was created for, to protect people who shoot in self-defense.

Obviously you haven't even read the statute. Florida's stand-your-ground law deals with people in their homes defending against intruders. It doesn't apply in this case.

It don't take a big man to pull a gun on a child and pull the trigger. Just a punk ass little bitch.
Why did trayvon get himself in this positiion? of walking while black? trayvon did not pick this fight. He was on the phone trying to get a booty call.:eusa_shifty:
What was zimmerman's thought while he was getting his head banged? "I got this ass hole now" He could have punch this child once and got him off of him.:cuckoo: He chose to use his hands instead to pull a trigger. Thinking this is one ass hole that want get away.

The drama queen bullshit about shooting a 'child' doesn't fly.

According to the law, he was a child. I'm sure Republicans see him more as a "boy".

How many 17 year olds do you know that think of themselves as a 'child', he wasn't a child, he was a teenager. I'm sure Republicans see you as an 'idiot'... in that, I would agree with them.

This is the kind of thing the Stand Your Ground law was created for, to protect people who shoot in self-defense.

Obviously you haven't even read the statute. Florida's stand-your-ground law deals with people in their homes defending against intruders. It doesn't apply in this case.

You are incorrect in that. It deals with a person's right to defend themselves under any situation and in any location.

Here is the statute itself:

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1188, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2005-27.

Section 776.013 deals with self defense in the home. You should note that this section says nothing about one's home.

Found Here: Section 776.012, Florida Statutes 2009

And here is some information about the case and if/how the Stand Your Ground Law applies

What does Florida

My understanding is that as a citizen of the State of Florida, I have the right to shoot to kill if someone is threatening me in an instance of say Road Rage and, in fact, it has happened in Florida after the statute was signed into law.

Immie

Last edited:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

That is the in question; I do not see any restriction to "home" in Ch. 776.

The fucking lynch mob is nothing but limp dick weak kneed racist pieces of shit. You really don't want to address this post do you?
You assholes would be stubling all over yourself if the shooter had been white to come to Charlotte the hang the old man.

Last edited:

You may or may not remember that when this was being debated, the main sticking point was the "does not have a duty to retreat". I think most people agree that you have the right to defend yourself, but the issue was whether or not you were required to retreat if that was an option.

Immie

That's what I mean. Use of force in the general public still has caveats attached to it. It's the home setting where those caveats are erased. The duty to retreat is preserved in a general public setting, not within your home.

That's what I mean. Use of force in the general public still has caveats attached to it. It's the home setting where those caveats are erased. The duty to retreat is preserved in a general public setting, not within your home.

No, sorry, in this case you are wrong.

Read the statute. I posted it above in post #65.

Immie

Funny that you can get arrested for killing an attack dog, but not a child armed with Skittles and Ice Tea.

yeah no kidding. That's what happens when you're a leftwinger that blames humanity for everything and doesnt think that humans should be any more valuable than an animal, dang that Bible and man has reign over the Earth.
So you dont like the unintended consquences of liberalism just like me!!!!!!

Forum List

Back