Who thinks Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged with manslaughter?

Should Zimmerman have been arrested and charged with manslaughter?

• yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • no

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And no, luddley, the cuffs are not proof of an arrest. They are proof that Mr. Zimmerman was detained for questioning.

And, the difference between arrest and detaining is?

What the shit-for-brains racist lynch mob wants are charges, followed by a show trial.

He was not arrested.

The cuffs and the police station are proof of arrest. But, Zimmerman's racist enemies aren't big on reality.

I don’t want to be a pain. I have a general understanding that cuffs can go on at anytime an officer feel he needs to control a situations. Not whit standing that, over the years I have seen cases that beat cops, cuff, reads rights to and then get to the station and no booking done. And they get a ride if need back from where they were captured. A lot of people sit on a bench why the police confirm their internal records to find. Gee! that picture don’t look like him? Case in point I was cuff and taken to station and booked for driving on a suspended lic. Gee. Bad news for police as it was not suspened and I have already booking paper saying arrested diving on suspended lic. They got a bottle of white out and changed it to resistant arrest on the new paper dup copy and let me go. I showed up to court and showed the judge the two papers and he said well oops! Dismissed case and my paid lawyer wanted 15,000 up front and he see what he could do for pain and suffering! Learn big that week you got big money thier are other rules for you. So..

As for this dick Zimmer charge him with murder as their no need to kill the young guy. Or at less let me shoot grandma at the market for a cart, or even better when she brings out her coupon purse! Dimit!

Last edited:
And no, luddley, the cuffs are not proof of an arrest. They are proof that Mr. Zimmerman was detained for questioning.

What the shit-for-brains racist lynch mob wants are charges, followed by a show trial.

Detained is just being held for questioning. Being arrested means that you are being charged with a crime.

Man! Don't you ever watch COPS? :D

What is the definition of being detained by a police officer

Immie

Obviously an Investigation was done, even though people like Jillian claim otherwise as well as the news. There was not enough evidence at the time to prosecute, I doubt any more has suddenly appeared. He is supported in his story by at least 2 eyewitnesses, the EMTs and the cops on the scene.

Any trial now is just a public relations political gimmick and I doubt any fairness will be exhibited in it. The left and the press along with the President have convicted this man without due process or even the facts.

The lead investigator on the scene wanted to arrest and charge Zimmerman with manslauther--or did you miss that small little point in the opt?

Obviously an Investigation was done, even though people like Jillian claim otherwise as well as the news. There was not enough evidence at the time to prosecute, I doubt any more has suddenly appeared. He is supported in his story by at least 2 eyewitnesses, the EMTs and the cops on the scene.

Any trial now is just a public relations political gimmick and I doubt any fairness will be exhibited in it. The left and the press along with the President have convicted this man without due process or even the facts.

The lead investigator on the scene wanted to arrest and charge Zimmerman with manslauther--or did you miss that small little point in the opt?

And the DA decided there was not enough evidence to do so. Or do you honestly think cops decide who to charge with crimes now? Lawyer not cops decide if charges will be filed, based on the available evidence and the opinions of the cops. The DA felt there was not enough evidence to support a charge of Manslaughter based on the eyewitness testimony placing martin as the aggressor, attacking and pummeling Zimmerman, supported by Zimmerman's condition and the eye witness testimony of the cops and EMTs.

I have seen nothing new that changes that position.

I tend to agree... I was arrested & cuffed on the side of the freeway once while the vehicle was searched... yep, arrested, but released once the assholes figured out they were profiling me b/c of long hair, I was set free :mad:.

Is there really a difference in detainment and arrest?

Its when you are charged with a crime that ya really need to get worried... :confused:

Was George charged with anything...? Nope... (not yet :doubt: )

Last edited:
I'd like to wait until all the facts are in before I decide if the guys actions are worthy of a grand jury.

Right now the conflicting stories make choosing fairly impossible.

I voted yes--As I believe Zimmerman being told by the police dispatcher to not pursue Martin- which-was in violation of the Florida-- Stand your Ground law--and at a minimum--Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged immediately with reckless manslaughter for violating that law.

Your vote and your thoughts?

That Zimmerman wasn’t arrested immediately following the incident bodes well for those who believe he committed a crime, as a too hasty arrest might have jeopardized a successful prosecution.

Zimmerman isn’t going anywhere, the police know exactly where he is.

It is a fact of law that Zimmerman is currently innocent of any crime until proven guilty. It is further incumbent upon law enforcement and prosecutors to move against a citizen with the eventual goal of taking away his freedom only when warranted by sufficient evidence and the law, determined lacking the night of the shooting.

It is incorrect to infer that the police gave Zimmerman a ‘pass’ with regard to any alleged crimes, that they were ‘incompetent,’ or that law enforcement or the prosecutors were somehow ‘racist.’

Now a proper, thorough, comprehensive investigation can be conducted, to the satisfaction of all.

If Zimmerman is eventually arrested it should be as a consequence of the law, not politics.

And..that's not what happened here.

They cut him lose..and closed the case. They told the parents that Zimmerman acted in self defense..

THAT'S why they went to Sharpton.

Detained is just being held for questioning. Being arrested means that you are being charged with a crime.

Man! Don't you ever watch COPS? :D

What is the definition of being detained by a police officer

Your link defines arrest as "An Arrest is non-consensual seizure of your person", as in being taken in handcuffs to the police station. Your link defines being detained as, "deny you the ability to leave", as in keeping someone at a scene.

Try something a little more authoritative, like a legal dictionary: arrest
v. 1) to take or hold a suspected criminal with legal authority, as by a law enforcement office.

Zimmerman was arrested. Anyone who disagrees has shit for brains.

Right now the conflicting stories make choosing fairly impossible.

The police did an investigation.

Autopsy.

All the CSI stuff.

Then independent views of evidence and witnesses from investigators was weighed. Some contrary to Zimmerman and affidavits filed.

The evidence and witness testimony presented up thru the police chain of command.

And referred to the State Attorney who deemed Zimmerman's claim of self-defense was corroborated by eyewitnesses / evidence.

Furthermore all parties who made these decisions have subsequently recused themselves from their offices and welcomed further investigative scrutiny by the state and federal authorities.

And..that's not what happened here.

They cut him lose..and closed the case. They told the parents that Zimmerman acted in self defense..

THAT'S why they went to Sharpton.

He would have been released anyway on bail even if charged and booked, which the police couldn’t do as the law and evidence at the time didn’t warrant such action, as the law was interpreted by the police in good faith.

Had the police charged Zimmerman with manslaughter, for example, to realize political cover, and were forced to drop those charges later for lack of evidence, any future charges and arrest could be compromised.

This way the prosecution can take its time, make sure it has its ducks in a row, and when charges are made they’ll stick with a good likelihood of conviction.

I wonder if Martin's last thoughts were:

I picked the wrong guy.

I wonder if Zimmerman's thoughts while he was getting his head pounded were:

Why did I get myself into this situation ?

It don't take a big man to pull a gun on a child and pull the trigger. Just a punk ass little bitch.
Why did trayvon get himself in this positiion? of walking while black? trayvon did not pick this fight. He was on the phone trying to get a booty call.:eusa_shifty:
What was zimmerman's thought while he was getting his head banged? "I got this ass hole now" He could have punch this child once and got him off of him.:cuckoo: He chose to use his hands instead to pull a trigger. Thinking this is one ass hole that want get away.

Last edited:
I voted no and will stand by that until all the facts are out. If there was enough evidence to arrest him, he would be in jail.

Agreed there is no evidence that's shows he did not act in self defense. Until something news comes up that's were I stand.

Last edited:
I wonder if Martin's last thoughts were:

I picked the wrong guy.

I wonder if Zimmerman's thoughts while he was getting his head pounded were:

Why did I get myself into this situation ?

It don't take a big man to pull a gun on a child and pull the trigger. Just a punk ass little bitch.
Why did trayvon get himself in this positiion? of walking while black? trayvon did not pick this fight. He was on the phone trying to get a booty call.:eusa_shifty:
What was zimmerman's thought while he was getting his head banged? "I got this ass hole now" He could have punch this child once and got him off of him.:cuckoo: He chose to use his hands instead to pull a trigger. Thinking this is one ass hole that want get away.

The drama queen bullshit about shooting a 'child' doesn't fly.

Forum List

Back