Who taught early americans to build pyramids and write in heiroglyphs?

That hasn't proven anything, you obviously know little about linguistics.

You didn't even take the time to read the links!!!! You are exposed... There's like an hours worth of reading in those links so either you are a supercomputer or you glossed over it.

A PDF that shows words which are like each other between languages we do not even know how to pronounce correctly and thus cannot find the actual Latin or Greek letter matches for their symbols is never going to prove anything.

A LDS link ... come one, people will change anything to make their myths seem more real even if they use flat out lies.

The book ... meh, I already mentioned that the Ancient Egyptians traveled almost everywhere for a short period of time.

The funny thing is that you actually think that the fact they traded must support your own religious myths. The two languages started and evolved on their own, the commonalities are because of our mistranslation. You do know their sun god was NOT called Ra, right?

That hasn't proven anything, you obviously know little about linguistics.

You didn't even take the time to read the links!!!! You are exposed... There's like an hours worth of reading in those links so either you are a supercomputer or you glossed over it.

A PDF that shows words which are like each other between languages we do not even know how to pronounce correctly We do know how to pronounce Hebrew and Maya as the link showsand thus cannot find the actual Latin or Greek letter matches for their symbols is never going to prove anything.

A LDS link ... come one, people will change anything to make their myths seem more real even if they use flat out lies.You didn't read the article or you would have seen that there was no bias in the article. You didn't point out a problem. So I must assume you didn't read it because it was done by scholars who happen to be lds.

The book ... meh, I already mentioned that the Ancient Egyptians traveled almost everywhere for a short period of time.That's all it takes.

The funny thing is that you actually think that the fact they traded must support your own religious myths. The two languages started and evolved on their own, the commonalities are because of our mistranslation.Because transcontinental travel pre-Columbus has been proven, it opens up the door for the possiblities of a lot of things. You do know their sun god was NOT called Ra, right?I maintain that it wasn't people who followed the egyptian religion that came here. Only some who knew how to speak and write their language. Besides, languages changed so drastically by the time the Mayans and Aztecs met up with Cortez that of course they aren't going to have the same language. Guess what, they weren't toting around the ten commandments either.

Again, my argument is plausible.

Why do the ancient americans bear such similarities with Jewish and egyptian traditions?

Examples?

heres a few http://www.earthmatrix.com/linguistic/maya-glyph-kemi.pdf

Pyramid building and heiroglyphic writing system similarities

This one is important because it shows how most of the Mayan records were burned by the spanish and would have undoubtedly told us an hundredfold more of the affairs of the people. African Presence in Early America - Google Book Search

Pay special attention to the similarities of certain words
LDS.org - Ensign Article - Research and Perspectives: Recent Studies on the Book of Mormon

Keystone Book of Mormon Archaeology, History & Thought

You really ought to take a gander at the actual book of mormon and tell me what you think. You can read it online simply by starting here

Book of Mormon look for yourself and tell me what you think.

I will try to look at all of this material and tell you what I think. I actually have a copy of the book of Mormon. I had two nice boys visit me once and I invited them in for a discussion. It was pleasant. I was genuinely curious. Having been born into a religious family and spending most of my early years deeply involved in religion, I have a certain perspective when approached by those wishing to discuss their faith. I try not to ever be rude, since usually it is a genuine desire to help and concern for fellow man that drives such acts. If I have time, I always try to invite people in and let them share what they believe. I listen carefully to what they say and while I do not want them to see me as oppositional, I do think it is fair to ask critical questions, especially pertaining to their specific faith. The boys who were the only Mormon visitors I've ever had, left me a copy of the book but seemed a little uncertain. I don't know if there is some level of training before being sent out and though I can't remember all the specifics (it's been a few years) I remember I would stop them at various points and ask about where this or that came from or how their beliefs fit in with science or other beliefs, etc... They seemed to be a bit unprepared for in-depth questions, which made me feel a bit sorry since I was not trying to make them uncomfortable or challenge their faith but instead was often asking out of genuine curiosity. Any thoughts?

A PDF that shows words which are like each other between languages we do not even know how to pronounce correctly We do know how to pronounce Hebrew and Maya as the link showsand thus cannot find the actual Latin or Greek letter matches for their symbols is never going to prove anything.

A LDS link ... come one, people will change anything to make their myths seem more real even if they use flat out lies.You didn't read the article or you would have seen that there was no bias in the article. You didn't point out a problem. So I must assume you didn't read it because it was done by scholars who happen to be lds.

The book ... meh, I already mentioned that the Ancient Egyptians traveled almost everywhere for a short period of time.That's all it takes.

The funny thing is that you actually think that the fact they traded must support your own religious myths. The two languages started and evolved on their own, the commonalities are because of our mistranslation.Because transcontinental travel pre-Columbus has been proven, it opens up the door for the possiblities of a lot of things. You do know their sun god was NOT called Ra, right?I maintain that it wasn't people who followed the egyptian religion that came here. Only some who knew how to speak and write their language. Besides, languages changed so drastically by the time the Mayans and Aztecs met up with Cortez that of course they aren't going to have the same language. Guess what, they weren't toting around the ten commandments either.

No, and we don't know how to pronounce Mayan, anymore than we do know how to pronounce Ancient Egyptian. The myths you are using as the basis for this concept were formed when we knew very little of the ancient cultures, but have since been shown to be rather inaccurate as we discover more about the cultures they were based on. Much like how the christian bible has been proven wrong in the same light. But instead of showing the strength to just admit that they were not accurate you try to twist the true history and make connections where there are none.

Examples?

This one is important because it shows how most of the Mayan records were burned by the spanish and would have undoubtedly told us an hundredfold more of the affairs of the people. African Presence in Early America - Google Book Search

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Research and Perspectives: Recent Studies on the Book of Mormon

You really ought to take a gander at the actual book of mormon and tell me what you think. You can read it online simply by starting here

I will try to look at all of this material and tell you what I think. I actually have a copy of the book of Mormon. I had two nice boys visit me once and I invited them in for a discussion. It was pleasant. I was genuinely curious. Having been born into a religious family and spending most of my early years deeply involved in religion, I have a certain perspective when approached by those wishing to discuss their faith. I try not to ever be rude, since usually it is a genuine desire to help and concern for fellow man that drives such acts. If I have time, I always try to invite people in and let them share what they believe. I listen carefully to what they say and while I do not want them to see me as oppositional, I do think it is fair to ask critical questions, especially pertaining to their specific faith. The boys who were the only Mormon visitors I've ever had, left me a copy of the book but seemed a little uncertain. I don't know if there is some level of training before being sent out and though I can't remember all the specifics (it's been a few years) I remember I would stop them at various points and ask about where this or that came from or how their beliefs fit in with science or other beliefs, etc... They seemed to be a bit unprepared for in-depth questions, which made me feel a bit sorry since I was not trying to make them uncomfortable or challenge their faith but instead was often asking out of genuine curiosity. Any thoughts?

There is a training center for missionaries and it varies how much time they spend there depending on if they have to learn a new language or not. From 3 weeks to 3 months is the typical duration of the MTC (Missionary Training Center). They don't spend any time really studying scientific arguments, but rather study the scriptures themselves in an effort to emphasize the spiritual education as more important than the secular.

It's true, the kids are quite young and there are a few who take extra time to study the secular evidences such as myself, but really they are more for fun than anything. We've convinced ourselves spiritually that our way of life is approved of God, but we are encouraged to become secularly learned as well. Young elders(I do remark the irony of those two words used in succession), also are not all equal. As 19-21 year old youth are apt to do, they can sometimes be lazy and be less effective than their more studious counterparts. I don't think it's important that the kids know everything because their job is to teach people how to join the church and instruct basic doctrine. Bishops and church leaders must know all the deep stuff but usually the missionaries can answer most questions asked of them. Some questions have no answers because they aren't necessary for our salvation. But there are some elders that will flat out amaze you at what kind of people they are in their demeanor and wisdom.

Next time you see some elders, ask them any questions you want. I went on a mission too so you can always feel free to ask me on the thread The Truth about Mormons.

I welcome your questions.

There is a training center for missionaries and it varies how much time they spend there depending on if they have to learn a new language or not. From 3 weeks to 3 months is the typical duration of the MTC (Missionary Training Center). They don't spend any time really studying scientific arguments, but rather study the scriptures themselves in an effort to emphasize the spiritual education as more important than the secular.

It's true, the kids are quite young and there are a few who take extra time to study the secular evidences such as myself, but really they are more for fun than anything. We've convinced ourselves spiritually that our way of life is approved of God, but we are encouraged to become secularly learned as well. Young elders(I do remark the irony of those two words used in succession), also are not all equal. As 19-21 year old youth are apt to do, they can sometimes be lazy and be less effective than their more studious counterparts. I don't think it's important that the kids know everything because their job is to teach people how to join the church and instruct basic doctrine. Bishops and church leaders must know all the deep stuff but usually the missionaries can answer most questions asked of them. Some questions have no answers because they aren't necessary for our salvation. But there are some elders that will flat out amaze you at what kind of people they are in their demeanor and wisdom.

Next time you see some elders, ask them any questions you want. I went on a mission too so you can always feel free to ask me on the thread The Truth about Mormons.

Exactly why they only know the myths and not the truth, and why many Mormons only know the myths and not the truth. Those who find the truth like me leave, because we see it for what the religion is "no different than any other religion". Yes, I have spoken to elders, and most said it's not 100% fact, but that was in the 80's before the church really got corrupted. Demeanor means nothing, a mask anyone can learn to wear, and wisdom is not knowledge.

No, and we don't know how to pronounce Mayan, anymore than we do know how to pronounce Ancient Egyptian. The myths you are using as the basis for this concept were formed when we knew very little of the ancient cultures, but have since been shown to be rather inaccurate as we discover more about the cultures they were based on. Much like how the christian bible has been proven wrong in the same light. But instead of showing the strength to just admit that they were not accurate you try to twist the true history and make connections where there are none.

.You also don't realize that there is not one Mayan language we are talking about. Mayans are alive today and have lots of languages among them even as they did back in Cortez day.
Mayan languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again where is your leg to stand on? Where are your sources? C'mon Kitty you have to argue on my level if you are going to save face.

.You also don't realize that there is not one Mayan language we are talking about. Mayans are alive today and have lots of languages among them even as they did back in Cortez day.

Again where is your leg to stand on? Where are your sources? C'mon Kitty you have to argue on my level if you are going to save face.

Oh yeah, wiki is reliable ... sure. I never claimed they had one, but none of it proves your PDF file, actually it only makes the PDF files argument weaker not stronger. Okay, let's address it this way, since the Roman Catholics have traveled to Japan for many centuries, has the Japanese religion changed much ... no, they just added a few new ones. However, the connection you have made between Pyramids (basic math every culture has had since we can trace) and heiroglyphs is just plain ignorant. Japanese and Chinese started off as heiroglyphic but the languages are just as old as the other ancient languages, they just evolved like all languages do into what we know them today. Even still, they both have many of the original heiroglyphs just simplified to be easier to remember and differentiate. The Mayans had a mix of their own languages, the fact that all the pictures of ancient cultures looked almost the same means only that they could see, since they were all based on the actual object just simplified with each new permutation to make scribing easier. As for the pyramids again, simple math, everyone had it in ancient times, and just through trial and error they would all eventually find the triangle to be the best building structure. Stone pyramids would then be very easy to "discover" since they were the strongest structure combined with the strongest material at the time. It's called logic, and is suppose to be the one thing separating us from the animals, though with such wild connections being made even this has become doubtful.

Exactly why they only know the myths and not the truth, and why many Mormons only know the myths and not the truth. Those who find the truth like me leave, because we see it for what the religion is "no different than any other religion". Yes, I have spoken to elders, and most said it's not 100% fact, but that was in the 80's before the church really got corrupted. Demeanor means nothing, a mask anyone can learn to wear, and wisdom is not knowledge.

You never cease to amaze me with how little you really know about your own ex-religion. You don't even know what is in the book of Mormon. Can you name all the books without a google search? Actually since the 80's there have been a multiplicity of archaeological evidences that have emerged in favor of the book. You are lying if you say that "most mormons" said it's not 100% fact. We take these "myths" as though they actually happened. So to us we consider them facts. Wisdom is better than knowledge anyway.

Oh yeah, wiki is reliable ... sure. I never claimed they had one, but none of it proves your PDF file, actually it only makes the PDF files argument weaker not stronger. Okay, let's address it this way, since the Roman Catholics have traveled to Japan for many centuries, has the Japanese religion changed much ... no, they just added a few new ones. However, the connection you have made between Pyramids (basic math every culture has had since we can trace) and heiroglyphs is just plain ignorant. Japanese and Chinese started off as heiroglyphic but the languages are just as old as the other ancient languages, they just evolved like all languages do into what we know them today. Even still, they both have many of the original heiroglyphs just simplified to be easier to remember and differentiate. The Mayans had a mix of their own languages, the fact that all the pictures of ancient cultures looked almost the same means only that they could see, since they were all based on the actual object just simplified with each new permutation to make scribing easier. As for the pyramids again, simple math, everyone had it in ancient times, and just through trial and error they would all eventually find the triangle to be the best building structure. Stone pyramids would then be very easy to "discover" since they were the strongest structure combined with the strongest material at the time. It's called logic, and is suppose to be the one thing separating us from the animals, though with such wild connections being made even this has become doubtful.

Your response is further proof that the human mind can always find arguments for things they want to believe and also find arguments against things they don't want to believe. My job is done here, you have confessed plausibility if not probability and I am now satisfied.

Forum List

Back