Who taught early americans to build pyramids and write in heiroglyphs?

No, it's not. This is where you lose logic and begin to stray from the logic while sounding like you agree. Ancient Egyptian language evolved faster than most people realize. There are actually three versions of their heirogliphics. Then when they started to simplify their language there were at least two (possibly three) versions of Heiretics. The problem is that since they were slaughtered and almost destroyed completely by the Romans (the survivors had to hide out in other cultures) the language was lost, and all forms of it as well. We have barely started to understand some of it, we can only theorize about pronunciation using Arabic as the basis for that. Again, myth is based on fact but is not fact.

Not fact yet.... But it may yet be proven in our lifetime. You never know what will be unearthed next.
And what do the Romans have to do with Mayan Heiroglyphics. The claim is they took the basic tenets of egyptian across the sea in 600 BC, long before the Romans ever invaded Egypt.

The Romans destroying Ancient Egypt has a lot to do with how much we know of their language. Because of their destruction (due to a lack of military power) the language they used and all of it's variations were completely lost. This is why it's so easy for people to make false connections to other myths or even invent whole new ones. But each time the myths are eventually proven wrong. One such myth that has been proven inaccurate, for example, was the myth of Jews in Egypt at the time of the great Pharoahs (using the incorrect English word for clarity). There is no evidence to support that there were any, to the contrary there are also no records found in the tombs they would have been recorded mentioning any wandering tribes. One thing about the ancients that makes learning of them so easy is that they stored almost everything in the tombs, once we understand the language written at the time of the tomb being sealed we can find out quite a bit. Then there is no other evidence to support the claim either, archealogical or otherwise.

Well, it makes sense to me that the Egyptians would probably never want anything to do with the Hebrews again after their humiliating and devastating ordeal with the plagues and such.
It makes sense to me that the Pharoahs from then on would probably not want to even mention the Hebrews in writing for fear of bringing on some curse. I speculate that they destroyed any record they had of Hebrews being in Egypt prior to the Exodus. It was a pretty traumatic ordeal they went through because of Ramses stubborness. Does the bible not count as a significant historical document?

You also certainly wouldn't find anything in the tombs of the pharoahs in regards to Hebrews since the purpose of the tombs was to be a sanctuary where the pharoah would reside until his resurrection and judgment by Osiris. The whole tomb was an egyptian religious sanctuary and nothing of the hebrews would have a place there. It was entirely set up for the individual and his family buried within. They figured themselves as a superior race. That is why they enslaved their defeated enemies.

But again your timeline misses the point. In 600 BC it is well known that Egypt and Israel were political allies and engaged in free trade with each other through the camel routes back and forth. Lehi was just such an Arab trader. His claim fits historically with the times. The traders who were skilled enough to make the camel journeys often became wealthy merchants. Which is why two of his sons bear Egyptian names; Nephi and Sam.

Babylon was threatening Jerusalem to ally with them and renounce the rival Egyptian empire or be destroyed. The Israelites decided to keep their old ties and trust that Egypt would come to their aid in the war. It was a bad politcal decision and resulted in one of Jerusalems infamous sackings. By the time Babylon overran Jerusalem, Lehi and his small group and undoubtedly many others who were not recorded, were long gone and avoided the destruction.

Historically, at least, the story adds up.

Have you read any Jared Diamond? Very interesting on stuff like this.

Yeah facinating and scholarly work, no doubt.

Of course Jared Diamond's work completly eviserates the goofy notion that the Amerindians needed anyone to TEACH them how to pile rocks into a pyramid or develop written language, too.

Not fact yet.... But it may yet be proven in our lifetime. You never know what will be unearthed next.
And what do the Romans have to do with Mayan Heiroglyphics. The claim is they took the basic tenets of egyptian across the sea in 600 BC, long before the Romans ever invaded Egypt.

The Romans destroying Ancient Egypt has a lot to do with how much we know of their language. Because of their destruction (due to a lack of military power) the language they used and all of it's variations were completely lost. This is why it's so easy for people to make false connections to other myths or even invent whole new ones. But each time the myths are eventually proven wrong. One such myth that has been proven inaccurate, for example, was the myth of Jews in Egypt at the time of the great Pharoahs (using the incorrect English word for clarity). There is no evidence to support that there were any, to the contrary there are also no records found in the tombs they would have been recorded mentioning any wandering tribes. One thing about the ancients that makes learning of them so easy is that they stored almost everything in the tombs, once we understand the language written at the time of the tomb being sealed we can find out quite a bit. Then there is no other evidence to support the claim either, archealogical or otherwise.

Well, it makes sense to me that the Egyptians would probably never want anything to do with the Hebrews again after their humiliating and devastating ordeal with the plagues and such.
It makes sense to me that the Pharoahs from then on would probably not want to even mention the Hebrews in writing for fear of bringing on some curse. I speculate that they destroyed any record they had of Hebrews being in Egypt prior to the Exodus. It was a pretty traumatic ordeal they went through because of Ramses stubborness. Does the bible not count as a significant historical document?

You also certainly wouldn't find anything in the tombs of the pharoahs in regards to Hebrews since the purpose of the tombs was to be a sanctuary where the pharoah would reside until his resurrection and judgment by Osiris. The whole tomb was an egyptian religious sanctuary and nothing of the hebrews would have a place there. It was entirely set up for the individual and his family buried within. They figured themselves as a superior race. That is why they enslaved their defeated enemies.

But again your timeline misses the point. In 600 BC it is well known that Egypt and Israel were political allies and engaged in free trade with each other through the camel routes back and forth. Lehi was just such an Arab trader. His claim fits historically with the times. The traders who were skilled enough to make the camel journeys often became wealthy merchants. Which is why two of his sons bear Egyptian names; Nephi and Sam.

Babylon was threatening Jerusalem to ally with them and renounce the rival Egyptian empire or be destroyed. The Israelites decided to keep their old ties and trust that Egypt would come to their aid in the war. It was a bad politcal decision and resulted in one of Jerusalems infamous sackings. By the time Babylon overran Jerusalem, Lehi and his small group and undoubtedly many others who were not recorded, were long gone and avoided the destruction.

You need to read some REAL history, TM.

The revisionist blather you've been filled up with is truly beneath your obvious intellectual ability.

Besides... real and archeology is way more interesting than the mythologies you have been lead to believe are history, amigo.

The pyramids were built by Egyptians, dude.

There is enormous evidence that supports that contention and absolutely no evidence to support the myth that the Jews were involved.

I'm not even sure that the Jews were in Egypt at the time of the pyramid building to be honest.

I need to look that up

In the meanwhile you might find this from National Geographic interesting reading.

Who Built the Pyramids?
Contrary to some popular depictions, the pyramid builders were not slaves or foreigners. Excavated skeletons show that they were Egyptians who lived in villages developed and overseen by the pharaoh's supervisors.
The builders' villages boasted bakers, butchers, brewers, granaries, houses, cemeteries, and probably even some sorts of health-care facilities—there is evidence of laborers surviving crushed or amputated limbs. Bakeries excavated near the Great Pyramids could have produced thousands of loaves of bread every week.

Some of the builders were permanent employees of the pharaoh. Others were conscripted for a limited time from local villages. Some may have been women: Although no depictions of women builders have been found, some female skeletons show wear that suggests they labored with heavy stone for long periods of time.

Graffiti indicates that at least some of these workers took pride in their work, calling their teams "Friends of Khufu," "Drunkards of Menkaure," and so on—names indicating allegiances to pharaohs.

An estimated 20,000 to 30,000 workers built the Pyramids at Giza over 80 years. Much of the work probably happened while the River Nile was flooded.

Huge limestone blocks could be floated from quarries right to the base of the Pyramids. The stones would likely then be polished by hand and pushed up ramps to their intended positions.

It took more than manual labor, though. Architects achieved an accurate pyramid shape by running ropes from the outer corners up to the planned summit, to make sure the stones were positioned correctly. And priests-astronomers helped choose the pyramids' sites and orientations, so that they would be on the appropriate axis in relation to sacred constellations.
From stone pusher to priest, every worker would likely have recognized his or her role in continuing the life-and-death cycle of the pharaohs, and thereby in perpetuating the glory of Egypt.

You need to read some REAL history, TM.

The revisionist blather you've been filled up with is truly beneath your obvious intellectual ability.

Besides... real and archeology is way more interesting than the mythologies you have been lead to believe are history, amigo.

The pyramids were built by Egyptians, dude.

There is enormous evidence that supports that contention and absolutely no evidence to support the myth that the Jews were involved.

I'm not even sure that the Jews were in Egypt at the time of the pyramid building to be honest.

I need to look that up

In the meanwhile you might find this from National Geographic interesting reading.

Who Built the Pyramids?
Contrary to some popular depictions, the pyramid builders were not slaves or foreigners. Excavated skeletons show that they were Egyptians who lived in villages developed and overseen by the pharaoh's supervisors.
The builders' villages boasted bakers, butchers, brewers, granaries, houses, cemeteries, and probably even some sorts of health-care facilities—there is evidence of laborers surviving crushed or amputated limbs. Bakeries excavated near the Great Pyramids could have produced thousands of loaves of bread every week.

Some of the builders were permanent employees of the pharaoh. Others were conscripted for a limited time from local villages. Some may have been women: Although no depictions of women builders have been found, some female skeletons show wear that suggests they labored with heavy stone for long periods of time.

Graffiti indicates that at least some of these workers took pride in their work, calling their teams "Friends of Khufu," "Drunkards of Menkaure," and so on—names indicating allegiances to pharaohs.

An estimated 20,000 to 30,000 workers built the Pyramids at Giza over 80 years. Much of the work probably happened while the River Nile was flooded.

Huge limestone blocks could be floated from quarries right to the base of the Pyramids. The stones would likely then be polished by hand and pushed up ramps to their intended positions.

It took more than manual labor, though. Architects achieved an accurate pyramid shape by running ropes from the outer corners up to the planned summit, to make sure the stones were positioned correctly. And priests-astronomers helped choose the pyramids' sites and orientations, so that they would be on the appropriate axis in relation to sacred constellations.
From stone pusher to priest, every worker would likely have recognized his or her role in continuing the life-and-death cycle of the pharaohs, and thereby in perpetuating the glory of Egypt.

Well thank you for insulting me then complimenting me:razz:

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not talking about Jews building the pyramids in Egypt..............I am saying that in 600 BC a small group of Bedouin Arab Jews who were familiar and learned in the ways of the Egyptians took off for the new world and brought the knowledge of heiroglyphs and pyramid building with them to the new world.

Interesting that you mentioned that astronomers were used in deciding the location of pyramids in Egypt. It has been proven that Astronomy was used in great detail to decide the location of the Kukulkan pyramid. Once a year on the same day, there is a strange phenomenon that takes place because of the placement of the pyramid. As the sun sets it casts a special light upon each of the corners of one side of the pyramid so that the rest of the pyramid is in shadow and the lit corners form a chain that becomes the long body of a dragon and the stone head of the dragon is also lit at the bottom of the pyramid. This proves their knowledge of astronomy was advanced beyond our wildest imaginations.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1183219038_74ca4f78b1.jpg

you will notice the dragon's head at the base of the stairs. if you were to view this from the other side of the pyramid you will see the step pattern appearing as the tail and body of the dragons head.
http://www.dragonstouch.co.uk/Images/Quetzalcoatl.jpg

Um ... yeah. Okay TM, you have just shown to be in the same group as the environuts, just different areas of craziness.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not talking about Jews building the pyramids in Egypt..............I am saying that in 600 BC a small group of Bedouin Arab Jews who were familiar and learned in the ways of the Egyptians took off for the new world and brought the knowledge of heiroglyphs and pyramid building with them to the new world.

Wow, not even the Mormons could've come up with THAT.

I don't know what you mean? Don't you realize that we Mormons came up with exactly that theory. Where have you been?

I don't know what you mean? Don't you realize that we Mormons came up with exactly that theory. Where have you been?

It seems Mormons no longer understand sarcasm.

the annunaki...

Everything you know is wrong...

I knew about that book a looooong time ago. Like, why did the Sumerians have a perfect diagram of the solar system thousands of years before Gallaleo?

And how was the emuna elish created in such a method that cannot even be reproduced today?

Last edited:

Wait, wait, wait. Truthspeaker is a MORMON???

What is it with the crazies on this forum and the word "truth" in their names??

Not sure, but yeah, look in the "Truth about Mormons" thread of the religion section. The worse thing is these crazies use their religion in place of science too often and get all upset when we simply state that it's myth. Such is the case in this thread. He ignores all the true facts that differ from his religious myth, though Mormons weren't like that at one time I have seen them change into this form of mindless zombie a lot lately.

Not sure, but yeah, look in the "Truth about Mormons" thread of the religion section. The worse thing is these crazies use their religion in place of science too often and get all upset when we simply state that it's myth. Such is the case in this thread. He ignores all the true facts that differ from his religious myth, though Mormons weren't like that at one time I have seen them change into this form of mindless zombie a lot lately.

Is this what the discussion has evolved into? Namecalling instead of intelligent arguments. I presented archaeological evidence that could arguably have been interpreted to your view; but where are your links? where is your science? The science of calling me a crazy?

I show evidence that has a correlation with the "myth" but you just dismiss it by calling me a mindless zombie. Who's being mindless without substantial arguments here? Why can't you at least google the History Channel or something to refute my statements intelligently?

The answer is:...............(Drum roll please).........................................you have thus far been confounded.:(

Oh great, a Jewish guy..... Nothing would please me more than to have this discussion with you. But I bet you're just a casual Jerry Seinfeld type of jew, judging by your irrational statement. I might know more about your religion than you do. I honestly hope, for your sake, that I am wrong. It simply wouldn't be proper to be outdone by a lowly Gentile now would it?:cool:

Why do the ancient americans bear such similarities with Jewish and egyptian traditions?

Examples?

heres a few http://www.earthmatrix.com/linguistic/maya-glyph-kemi.pdf

Pyramid building and heiroglyphic writing system similarities

This one is important because it shows how most of the Mayan records were burned by the spanish and would have undoubtedly told us an hundredfold more of the affairs of the people. African Presence in Early America - Google Book Search

Pay special attention to the similarities of certain words
LDS.org - Ensign Article - Research and Perspectives: Recent Studies on the Book of Mormon

Keystone Book of Mormon Archaeology, History & Thought

You really ought to take a gander at the actual book of mormon and tell me what you think. You can read it online simply by starting here

Book of Mormon look for yourself and tell me what you think.

That hasn't proven anything, you obviously know little about linguistics.

You didn't even take the time to read the links!!!! You are exposed... There's like an hours worth of reading in those links so either you are a supercomputer or you glossed over it.

Forum List

Back