Who Seriously Still Thinks Bush A Conservative?

Nuc said:
The same way they usually do. By electing the other party next time. That's the yoyo we've been on.

How about a recall election, like the one Schwarzenegger used to depose Grey Davis?

Hell i'd go for that, Rick Santorum for president.

Nuc said:
Like when he tried to close down the Brooklyn Museum because of Catholic hysteria?

Don't know about that, just know he's left on the two most important social issues of the day, abortion and queer marriage.

OCA said:
Its laughable, he's heading that way and no one cares, look at all the people who are talking up Giuliani who is left of center at best.

I wouldn't vote for Giuliani under any circumstances, he's radical left on social issues.

What do you mean no one cares???---he's getting shit from his conservative base. There's just not much any one can do about it. We are stuck with our 4 year term limits.

OCA said:
This is true, but we shouldn't accept mediocrity, Bush is as fucking mediocre as they come. I used to love this guy but unless you've been under a rock lately you can't come to any other conclusion than he ain't worth two shits.
Very sad to have to say, I agree 100%.

dilloduck said:
What do you mean no one cares???---he's getting shit from his conservative base. There's just not much any one can do about it. We are stuck with our 4 year term limits.

Does he care? Not one iota. Fuck him.

Mr. P said:
Very sad to have to say, I agree 100%.

P he just keeps putting himself in situations where he looks stupid, like his policy sppech on Iraq the other day, he keeps saying all's well, ALL IS NOT WELL! If it were well we'd be home by now.

OCA said:
P he just keeps putting himself in situations where he looks stupid, like his policy sppech on Iraq the other day, he keeps saying all's well, ALL IS NOT WELL! If it were well we'd be home by now.
I know. At one point I thought ole W was "Dumb like a fox", now I'm thinking "If it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, then....."

Even I am starting to think "Vietnam" more and more.

Mr. P said:
I know. At one point I thought ole W was "Dumb like a fox", now I'm thinking "If it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, then....."

Even I am starting to think "Vietnam" more and more.

I said this in here about 8 months ago...just about everyone jumped on me about it...what do I know...just a VN era vet...'The Middle East War is different' Same old story with GW as with Johnson...as OCA said....this is so very true!

archangel said:
I said this in here about 8 months ago...just about everyone jumped on me about it...what do I know...just a VN era vet...'The Middle East War is different' Same old story with GW as with Johnson...as OCA said....this is so very true!

There are some similarites to be sure but also some notable differences which make me more optimistic about the outcome. There is no "super power" backing the insurgents for one thing and the Iraqis are much more interested in their outcome than the South Vietnamese were. Biggest difference is an all volunteer force fighting there. Makes it MUCH more difficult for the anti-war folks to get any traction. Sheehan has gotten a lot of coverage but the "movement" is more like something that would come out of you bowels.

dilloduck said:
There are some similarites to be sure but also some notable differences which make me more optimistic about the outcome. There is no "super power" backing the insurgents for one thing and the Iraqis are much more interested in their outcome than the South Vietnamese were. Biggest difference is an all volunteer force fighting there. Makes it MUCH more difficult for the anti-war folks to get any traction. Sheehan has gotten a lot of coverage but the "movement" is more like something that would come out of you bowels.

I beg to differ with you dillo...the two old adversaries...'China and Russia' are once again in the mix along with France...Iraq is leaning toward making amends with Iran as we speak and who is supplying Iran with Tech and munitions...humm...looks very familiar to me! and GW is cowtailing with a political war vs a military war...same as Johnson...just a matter of time now...sad but true!

archangel said:
I beg to differ with you dillo...the two old adversaries...'China and Russia' are once again in the mix along with France...Iraq is leaning toward making amends with Iran as we speak and who is supplying Iran with Tech and munitions...humm...looks very familiar to me! and GW is cowtailing with a political war vs a military war...same as Johnson...just a matter of time now...sad but true!

So predict an outcome for me---the US gonna cut and run ?
It's not up to us who Iraq chooses to buddy up with in the long run. And look what happened to Viet Nam----communism?------looks more like rampant capitalism to me.

dilloduck said:
It's not up to us who Iraq chooses to buddy up with in the long run. And look what happened to Viet Nam----communism?------looks more like rampant capitalism to me.

the issue will be influences from surrounding countries......

dilloduck said:

Being that I am not a prophet or Psychic I cannot make a prediction...however I will bet dollars to donuts that if the administration continues with a political war vs a military war we will see the 'Fall of Baghdad'
Their new constitution seems to be in serious trouble... leaning toward a Mullah or Islamic government...I can see a civil war brewing...and I see little difference between Communism and Islamic government...both are extremely oppressive...just my opinion not a prediction!

Nuc said:
Off topic. Is OCA correct or not? Has Bush lived up to his promises to his base? With no Democrat controls in place he should have been able to. Has he?

I think Bush has lived up to his promises to the base. He promised that he would spend more on education and Medicare. I don't think he needed to but it was one of his campaign promises so why on earth should we be surprised when he follows through? And increasing military spending is a given considering the war on terror and the fact that Clinton decimated our military spending. I think the President could offset more of the costs but cutting into social programs.

My only question on President Bush fulfilling his promises is the Supreme Court nomination. Both Roberts and Miers are still relative unknowns. However, knowing how the President has followed through on his other promises I believe he believes he has fullfilled his promise.

I think Bush has lived up to his promises to the base. He promised that he would spend more on education and Medicare. I don't think he needed to but it was one of his campaign promises so why on earth should we be surprised when he follows through? And increasing military spending is a given considering the war on terror and the fact that Clinton decimated our military spending. I think the President could offset more of the costs but cutting into social programs.

My only question on President Bush fulfilling his promises is the Supreme Court nomination. Both Roberts and Miers are still relative unknowns. However, knowing how the President has followed through on his other promises I believe he believes he has fullfilled his promise.

Bush may have lived up to most of his promises but I think the non-stop spending plus the questionable appointments are what is making conservative America upset. The dragging of the war and the disregard of our borders is also not helping.

My atennae went up back when he started pal-ing around with the Clintons and other liberals. :wtf:

A lot of people on the religious right are upset he has not delivered on abortion and some of the other issues they sold as "values" in the election.

dilloduck said:
How do you suggest people "hold their feet to the fire"?

Seceding? Oh wait we cannot do that anymore. How about form a militia and overthrow the oppressors? Oh wait, that would make me a terrorist.

I guess that is a good question.

As for holding 'their feet to the fire' may I suggest, withold any contributions to GOP and writing all of your republican representatives? I have already as well as sent an email to Ken Melman stating I will not hold one more 'get together', make one more phone call, nothing, until the party gets back to their promises on the courts and legislation.

Forum List

Back