Who Said This?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I'll give the credits in a few...

Warren Court Critic: Guess who made the following statements recently:

"I always felt that judges should interpret law, not make law," he said. "I remember in college and law school in the late 60’s and early 70’s, even though I agreed with the substance of the Warren Court’s decisions, I thought that some of them were making law."
Not, [he] quickly added, with civil-rights rulings like the decision in Brown v. Board of Education, which was issued in 1954. But the Warren Court also greatly strengthened defendants’ protections against police searches.
"I think they went too far on criminal law," [he] said.​

I didn't 'get it right either.'

Answer:
(Senator Charles Schumer, D-NY. Source: The New York Observer)

http://www.observer.com/pageone_newsstory1-3.asp

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2005_10_30-2005_11_05.shtml#1130957453

Kathianne said:
I'll give the credits in a few...

Warren Court Critic: Guess who made the following statements recently:

"I always felt that judges should interpret law, not make law," he said. "I remember in college and law school in the late 60’s and early 70’s, even though I agreed with the substance of the Warren Court’s decisions, I thought that some of them were making law."
Not, [he] quickly added, with civil-rights rulings like the decision in Brown v. Board of Education, which was issued in 1954. But the Warren Court also greatly strengthened defendants’ protections against police searches.
"I think they went too far on criminal law," [he] said.​

I really like Chuckie's new "prop" of wearing glasses down his nose and then peering above them ala Carl Levin.. What is it with these dems? Suddenly to appear "politically serious" one must wear spectacles on the nose. It's like "Grandpappie Liberal" is on the scene to inform us of the proper political stance. Just me but I'd like to slap those off his nose, stand back, and grin...

New Topics

Forum List

Back