Who Said It?

I agree. Rabbi could have used a dozen or so more from the likes of Kerry, both Clintons, John Edwards, Bob Graham, Dick Durbin, Madeleine Albright, Howard Dean, Sandy Berger, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Evan Bayh, etc., etc. etc......

yeah, the old tired list with the cut-off quotes from the nineties.
the invasion was started by bush, however, not clinton, not kerry, not reid, etc....

I agree. Rabbi could have used a dozen or so more from the likes of Kerry, both Clintons, John Edwards, Bob Graham, Dick Durbin, Madeleine Albright, Howard Dean, Sandy Berger, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Evan Bayh, etc., etc. etc......

the invasion was started by bush, however, not clinton, not kerry, not reid, etc....

Wrong -a-roo

Bush could not start squat without the approval of Hillary Kerry and Reid.

So guess what. Hillary Kerry and Reid said "go for it" before Bush said "I'm going for it"

I bet you are in the 66% that beleive Obama was the one who signed the first TARP bill.

Wrong -a-roo

So guess what. Hillary Kerry and Reid said "go for it" before Bush said "I'm going for it"

I bet you are in the 66% that beleive Obama was the one who signed the first TARP bill.

jarhead, you are a generic moron. you did not even realize what i wrote, you just spouted your programmed bullshit.
i am not going to take you by the hand and force you to realize, why those quotes are irrelevant. also, the vote for authorization for use of military force was not the carte blanche. and even if, the responsibility lies with the one in command. damn, you are brainwashed.

Wrong -a-roo

jarhead, you are a generic moron. you did not even realize what i wrote, you just spouted your programmed bullshit.
i am not going to take you by the hand and force you to realize, why those quotes are irrelevant. also, the vote for authorization for use of military force was not the carte blanche. and even if, the responsibility lies with the one in command. damn, you are brainwashed.

Yea, everyone's brainwashed but you, you have a lock on all of the real truth....... sure.:lol::lol::lol:

They all believed that Iraq was a problem and needed to be dealt with and voted to give the President the authority to use force.During the early stages of the war when we all saw the video of the people pulling down statues in Iraq Hillary and John Kerry were on TV saying the US was doing the right thing.As soon as it was evident it was going to be difficult to accomplish or goals there these turncoats jumped ship and acted like they had nothing to do with the war.They and the Democrat party are nothing but political hacks who make decisions based on which way the wind is blowing that day.

Did that same person also say we need to invade and set up ouir own government?

Did that person have UN weapons inspectors telling him there is no evidence of WMDs ??

Last edited:

Wrong -a-roo

First off....the majority of Democrats voted not to give him the authority

Secondly....Bush was not ordered to invade by Congress he was given authority if he saw it necessary. UN weapons inspectors told him it was unlikely there were WMDs and could prove it if they had a few more weeks. Bush invaded before they could give him proof

Wrong -a-roo

Secondly....Bush was not ordered to invade by Congress he was given authority if he saw it necessary. UN weapons inspectors told him it was unlikely there were WMDs and could prove it if they had a few more weeks. Bush invaded before they could give him proof

It was 82 Democrats in the House and a majority of Democrats in the Senate who voted for the resolution. Since the resolution was titled "Authorization for the use of military force against Iraq of 2002" the purpose should not have been mysterious to anyone.
The inspectors had been kicked out previously. THey were kicked out by Saddam on other occasions. They were systematically barred from inspecting known sites. Eventually their inspection became a farce--there was not even the pretense of it being open honest and transparent.
No, Rozman has it right. When the war looked popular, the Democrats were all on board. When it started to get tough they began the "Bush lied us into war" meme. Some people still haven't seen past that one.

Wrong -a-roo

It was 82 Democrats in the House and a majority of Democrats in the Senate who voted for the resolution. Since the resolution was titled "Authorization for the use of military force against Iraq of 2002" the purpose should not have been mysterious to anyone.
The inspectors had been kicked out previously. THey were kicked out by Saddam on other occasions. They were systematically barred from inspecting known sites. Eventually their inspection became a farce--there was not even the pretense of it being open honest and transparent.
No, Rozman has it right. When the war looked popular, the Democrats were all on board. When it started to get tough they began the "Bush lied us into war" meme. Some people still haven't seen past that one.

It was 82 Democrats in the House and a majority of Democrats in the Senate who voted for the resolution

Which proves my point that the majority of Democrats voted AGAINST authorizing invasion. 21 Seantors and 126 Congressman showed some balls and voted NO. 147 out of 258 said No

Do you understand what an Authorization is? It gives Bush authority, it does not order him to invade. It was Bush who pulled the trigger...he was the decider

The UN inspectors had been kicked out in the past......but had full access leading up to the war. Bush had no pressing need to invade when he did. The only reason to rush with the invasion was because he knew the UN Inspectors would come back with a finding of no weapons and he would lose his reason for invading

What a fantasy.
A majority fo Dems in the Senate voted for it. An overwhelming number in the House voted for it as well. Whether those numbers constitute a majority of Dems or not is irrelevant. Bush has a better record of bipartisan support than Obama does.

The presence of WMD was not the determing factor in the invasion. Iraq's repeated violation of UN resolutions and that body's refusal to enforce them was the reason.

What a fantasy.
A majority fo Dems in the Senate voted for it. An overwhelming number in the House voted for it as well. Whether those numbers constitute a majority of Dems or not is irrelevant. Bush has a better record of bipartisan support than Obama does.

The presence of WMD was not the determing factor in the invasion. Iraq's repeated violation of UN resolutions and that body's refusal to enforce them was the reason.

Wrong again Rabbi...but you knew that all along

The numbers are there

Senate Dems: 29 for/ 21 against
House Dems: 82 for/ 126 against

It is totally relevant when you claim most Democrats supported the inasion
Glad to see you come up with a new reason for the invasion. All your old ones didn't work

What a fantasy.

The presence of WMD was not the determing factor in the invasion. Iraq's repeated violation of UN resolutions and that body's refusal to enforce them was the reason

"The truth is that for reasons that have a lot to do with the U.S. government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on, which was weapons of mass destruction, as the core reason." --Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, "Vanity Fair" interview, May 28, 2003

"We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud." –National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, on Iraq's nuclear capabilities and the Bush administration's case for war, Sept. 8, 2002

What a fantasy.

The numbers are there

Glad to see you come up with a new reason for the invasion. All your old ones didn't work

Right, a majority in the Senate. Thanks for backing me up. A large number in the House. Far more Democrats voted for Bush's agenda than Republicans voted for Obama's. WHo is the bipartisan president here?
The reasons are not new. They are the same old reasons they always were. Democrats keep moving the goal posts.

What a fantasy.

The numbers are there

Right, a majority in the Senate. Thanks for backing me up. A large number in the House. Far more Democrats voted for Bush's agenda than Republicans voted for Obama's. WHo is the bipartisan president here?
The reasons are not new. They are the same old reasons they always were. Democrats keep moving the goal posts.

You are bragging that the Republicans are the Party of No? That they oppose EVERY major legislation even if it reflects their own views?

Nice spin there Rabbi

The numbers are there

You are bragging that the Republicans are the Party of No? That they oppose EVERY major legislation even if it reflects their own views?

Nice spin there Rabbi

No, I am pointing out that George Bush was a uniter, not a divider. And barack Obama is a divider, not a uniter.
You're the one spinning here.

Nice spin there Rabbi

No, I am pointing out that George Bush was a uniter, not a divider. And barack Obama is a divider, not a uniter.

No..you are pointing out that the Democratic Party allows dissention in its ranks while the GOP insists on strict compliance to party doctrine.

Even under Bush( the great uniter) you did not see Republicans voting against the party line

Nice spin there Rabbi

No..you are pointing out that the Democratic Party allows dissention in its ranks while the GOP insists on strict compliance to party doctrine.

Even under Bush( the great uniter) you did not see Republicans voting against the party line

Making things up again as usual?
Olympia Snow and Susan COllins were almost guaranteed votes for Democratic legislation. Since Obama came in even they have voted with the GOP.
The Iraq War Resolution itself was opposed by 6 Republicans in the House nad 1 in the Senate.
Another loser comment from you, contradicted by facts.

Last edited:

Olympia Snow and Susan COllins were almost guaranteed votes for Democratic legislation. Since Obama came in even they have voted with the GOP.
The Iraq War Resolution itself was opposed by 6 Republicans in the House nad 1 in the Senate.

Imagine that!

And you still had fingers left over

Imagine that!

And you still had fingers left over

Thanks for acknowledging that you are dead wrong. I realize that doesn't come easily to you so you have to express it in personal insult.
On to the next thread.

Forum List

Back